NEW Portable Cayin Spark C5 DAC/Amp Released MAY 2015
Jan 6, 2017 at 7:05 AM Post #108 of 120
If your phone support OTG and using the an OTG cable, the setup should be plug and play. Sequence is not an issue, trust me on that.

So what phone are you using ?

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jan 6, 2017 at 8:28 PM Post #109 of 120
What is the correct way to connect my c5 with my phone to the otg cable? It sounds distorted when I don't connect the phone/otg cable/c5 dac in the right order

Should be just plug and play and your phone should have OTG support.

Jan 17, 2017 at 1:17 PM Post #112 of 120
when im listening to the cayin c5 connected to my galaxy s5 via otg, the sound sometimes stops for like half a second then keeps playing, its annoying and happens like 3 to 5 times per song. what is the problem? is it possibly my phone? im using the c5 amp/dac with hd600s but it does the same for dt880s and hd 558s

Jan 18, 2017 at 3:17 AM Post #113 of 120
  when im listening to the cayin c5 connected to my galaxy s5 via otg, the sound sometimes stops for like half a second then keeps playing, its annoying and happens like 3 to 5 times per song. what is the problem? is it possibly my phone? im using the c5 amp/dac with hd600s but it does the same for dt880s and hd 558s

I observed that when the battery is low it switches on and off.  Though mine's a C5D and I am on Desktop.  It doesn't happen when I use it while charging it simultaneously.

Jan 24, 2017 at 8:35 PM Post #114 of 120
Anyone know how the get the aux 0ower to work. I connect my phone via the aux switch and it doesn't charge. Any ideas? I am using otg, would that be a problem?

Jan 25, 2017 at 1:45 AM Post #115 of 120
Anyone know how the get the aux 0ower to work. I connect my phone via the aux switch and it doesn't charge. Any ideas? I am using otg, would that be a problem?

Just tried it mines acting up.  Basically turned on the unit and toggled the switch to CHRG and connected to phone.  It just charges for a second and then disconnects.  LEDs go bonkers when I connect them too.

Jan 31, 2017 at 2:00 AM Post #117 of 120

My hd600 setup.
Cayin c5 amp/dac connected to my galaxy s5.

Solved the intermediate pausing problem? So the time out setting of the phone is causing that? By the way, there is a "Restrict apps in background" setting under the Battery Saver option of Battery menu, Try if you can achieve uninterrupted playback by disable the restriction.

Glad to know the setup final can work out. Hope you like the sound of the system since you have spend quite a lot of effort to debug the setup. :beerchug:

Mar 30, 2017 at 10:20 AM Post #120 of 120
does this sound same as straight c5? or better/worse for amp?

The C5 is more powerful then the C5DAC, if you are using hard-to-drive headphones, the C5 probably will obvious advantage.

The C5 DAC is slightly more transparent, the C5 sound signature is on the warm side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back