[New] Philips Fidelio X1
Nov 1, 2013 at 1:18 PM Post #3,093 of 5,962
Bear in mind though that some people have actually damaged the jack plug socket on their Fidelios as it appears it isn't that tough. Using big dangly microphones like these would greaten the risk somewhat.

Nov 1, 2013 at 2:47 PM Post #3,095 of 5,962
Bear in mind though that some people have actually damaged the jack plug socket on their Fidelios as it appears it isn't that tough. Using big dangly microphones like these would greaten the risk somewhat.

Yea that's something that has me a bit worried about these. Which brings up my following question. Do these have any kind of warranty?

And would a damaged jack be repairable?

Nov 1, 2013 at 8:25 PM Post #3,096 of 5,962
Yea that's something that has me a bit worried about these. Which brings up my following question. Do these have any kind of warranty?

And would a damaged jack be repairable?

I believe Philips covers them with a 1 year warranty. Not 100% sure though. As I bought mine from a retailer that isn't an authorized dealer, but is giving me the 1 year equivalent of their in-house warranty. Just got mine a few days ago and the plug socket seems to be pretty sturdy.

Nov 1, 2013 at 8:57 PM Post #3,097 of 5,962
It's one year with receipt for the u.s. anyway

Nov 1, 2013 at 9:08 PM Post #3,098 of 5,962
How's that TH600 treating you Ethan? :popcorn:

Nov 1, 2013 at 9:15 PM Post #3,099 of 5,962
Nov 1, 2013 at 10:08 PM Post #3,100 of 5,962
Would any of you recommend a headphone bag/pouch like this for the X1?  http://www.amazon.com/GoodCans-Protective-Headphone-Sided-Pouch/dp/B007VGMAQI/ref=pd_sim_e_2  if not, any suggestions would of course be appreciated. I want to keep them covered from dust etc etc and be able to keep the cable plugged into the cans almost all the time to prevent war and tear on the jack port. Thanks!

Looks nice. I do like velvet though, might go this way personally: https://www.mrspeakers.com/fostex-t50rp-headphone-accessories-comfort-upgrade/MrSpeakers-Mad-Dog-Velvet-Bag
How's that TH600 treating you Ethan? :popcorn:

Hmmm well I admit I haven't put my X1 on since getting them...but I do plan on doing some testing between them. Especially this weekend, I'll get to try some gaming in with them for the first time. The biggest difference I notice is the resolution of the 600. It brings out treble in just the right areas so that you get that reedy sound from saxes and finger scrapes along strings. Similar to the X1, if I run it straight out of my MacBook, the bass seems like it's just too much - wild is how I would describe it. It's even worse than the X1 in that respect. But once I run it through my amp, the control is there and it all falls into place. Some albums, Kid A for example, are phenomenal on it. Vocals sound a little recessed in some albums. I'm gonna do some tube rolling in the coming week to see if I can emphasize the mids a bit. Will report more soon...

Nov 1, 2013 at 10:11 PM Post #3,101 of 5,962
Oh, and they do get along with each other :p

Nov 1, 2013 at 10:51 PM Post #3,102 of 5,962

The risk involved is almost entirely when removing or inserting the cable into the jack or if constantly moving the cable once inserted.

The added weight of a small microphone isn't likely to have much of an effect.

On another note, you could make a cable and buy a mic and just sleeve them together. You could do that with quality materials for under $20 if you have access to a soldering iron and a few hours of time.

Nov 2, 2013 at 7:50 AM Post #3,103 of 5,962
  Oh and can anyone recommend a hard case that will fit the x1's?

Also the cheapest place to buy these? Best Ive seen is $300 on amazon

Don't know about a hard case, I usually just keep it back inside its box which actually does provide rather ample protection. I know, not the best type of box if you want to bring it around.

The X1s were $280 about 3 weeks ago on Amazon and I'm pretty sure someone has spotted it for as low as $260 before. Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals are coming up, so keep an eye out and perhaps there might be a good deal on it.

Nov 2, 2013 at 9:07 AM Post #3,105 of 5,962
On another note, you could make a cable and buy a mic and just sleeve them together. You could do that with quality materials for under $20 if you have access to a soldering iron and a few hours of time.

If only you could see the glue covered mess I made with my model aeroplanes as a child. I'll pass on the DIY
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back