New MSI MT-V660 DAP
Dec 16, 2009 at 6:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

EraserXIV

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey this was just leaked and it looks pretty sweet, just wanted to give everybody a heads up. It looks like the Zune HD, but hey, that's not a bad thing
wink.gif

Hopefully it'll be more affordable than the Zune too. File support beats the Zune hands down as well. With "For video, the PMP will happily churn through MKV, AVI (DivX 3/4/5, XviD, H.264), RMVB/RM, MP4, FLV (H.264/H.263), VOB, MPG, DAT, MOV and 3GP files, which neatly bests what the Zune HD can cope with. Meanwhile, over in audio it’ll play MP3, WMA, APE, FLAC, OGG, WAV and AAC files."

MSI MT-V660 PMP looks to Zune HD for design inspiration - SlashGear

Dec 17, 2009 at 4:48 AM Post #2 of 4
Heh, I was just about to post a topic on this.

I know interface is usually everything with PMPs like this, but codec-wise it is very impressive and MSI tends to be cheaper in terms of price compared to other brands.

I do wonder about the screen quality and storage along with the interface, and I also have some blind hope that it is expandable via micro-sd cards as well.
wink.gif

Edit: Googling the chipset reveals that it in theory should be able to support 720p video as well, although the only companies that use this chipset at present are ones in China that focus on lower-end products. I can't really find any reviews but I'll keep looking.

Dec 18, 2009 at 2:43 PM Post #4 of 4
The RK2806 is a powerful processor, but needs major intervention to make it work to a decent standard. I doubt MSI is going to make that effort, but check out the Oppo S39 for something that gets it right. The new Rockchip RK2728B chip is very similar; check out the Window G85 for another excellent UI effort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back