New Member Introductions thread
Sep 4, 2014 at 12:51 PM Post #436 of 15,526
Hello.  I'm Andrew.  I started out looking for a noise cancelling headphone for commuting.  I tried Bose QC-25, but preferred the new Beats Studio Wireless.  Sold those for Parrot Zik.  My first pair I bought used, and the bluetooth worked fine, but I sold those in order to buy a new pair because I'm finicky, and the new pair had bluetooth problems, so I returned them.  I now have B&W P7s which awakened my interest in serious listening.  I added a Schitt Valhalla 2 and a CEntrance DACport.  Now, I'm hooked.

Ordered Yulong DA8 DAC/Headphone amp/pre-amp and matching power conditioner.  I have a trade-in offer on an old CD transport from a Hifiman dealer and I'm probably going to apply it toward HE-560s.

I hope I don't get too obsessed, but I'm already thinking about replacing the Valhalla with the new Ragnorak.  (I need to drive KEF LS50 speakers as well as headphones)

Sep 4, 2014 at 1:20 PM Post #437 of 15,526
Total audio noob here. Not new to forums, which is why I hate for my first post to be a question, so I'm glad I found this thread. I've googled and read and watched but haven't found my answer.

It's about amps. I know this is a headphone forum, but surely there's some knowledge of headphone amps here.

Anyways, I'm boborone. If you see that name on other auto, android, and ecig forums, good chance it's me. So hi, and thanks for the site.

Sep 4, 2014 at 2:37 PM Post #438 of 15,526
Total audio noob here. Not new to forums, which is why I hate for my first post to be a question, so I'm glad I found this thread. I've googled and read and watched but haven't found my answer.

It's about amps. I know this is a headphone forum, but surely there's some knowledge of headphone amps here.

Anyways, I'm boborone. If you see that name on other auto, android, and ecig forums, good chance it's me. So hi, and thanks for the site.

Hi there,

There's plenty of discussions about headphone amps here, portable, full-size, desktop just navigate to the right forum you're looking for.

Also guys, the search feature is very useful, if there's a specific model headphone or particular piece of gear you're looking for just punch it into our search bar, it's often the best place to start your journey.

Sep 4, 2014 at 5:28 PM Post #439 of 15,526
Hi there,

There's plenty of discussions about headphone amps here, portable, full-size, desktop just navigate to the right forum you're looking for.

Also guys, the search feature is very useful, if there's a specific model headphone or particular piece of gear you're looking for just punch it into our search bar, it's often the best place to start your journey.

Yea I must say this the first forum I've been on that actually had a functioning search. I started reading this site a few days ago and found quite a bit searching. Props to the admins for doing a good job on the site.

Sep 6, 2014 at 10:39 PM Post #440 of 15,526
Hello, my name is Troy. Im what I guess you would call a "audiophile in training". Im starting to really get into trying out and comparing different headphones and buds. I plan to have an extravagant collection in the future (when Im not on an 18 year olds budget). Ive been visiting the forum for three years, and I hope to visit for many more

Sep 7, 2014 at 9:51 AM Post #441 of 15,526
Hi, I'm Jani. Been reading these forums for a while and finally decided to make an account. I'm a Sennheiser man through and through, currently I've got an HD800, HD650 (with Cardas cable), HD598, IE80 and Momentums.

Sep 8, 2014 at 6:50 PM Post #443 of 15,526
Seems like the place to start. Lots of great info. here :)  Just ordered iBasso DX50 & RHA MA 750 for an upcoming trip. (didn't want to hassle with hp's) I will listen to at least 50% flac; should I install SU or is the current update good enough?  Thanks in advance.

Sep 9, 2014 at 7:30 AM Post #445 of 15,526
Hello,

My name is Steve and I just started moving from speakers to headphones and IEMs. This website/forum has been a great help deciding what to purchase for my sound needs. I have finally made an account so I can participate in this wonderful community.

Sep 9, 2014 at 10:36 AM Post #446 of 15,526
Hi all. I've been researching headphones and found this site an invaluable resource, so decided to join.  My listening environment is a noisy apartment so I am seeing if headphones provide a more enjoyable experience. -Doug

Sep 9, 2014 at 11:58 AM Post #447 of 15,526
Hello,

My name is Kristoffer, I live in Sweden and love headphones =)

I currently own the mad dogs, and some schiit products. But am looking for a headphone with some more punch (still closed since my living conditions don't allow for open cans).

I have lurked on these forums for a couple of years, but just now decided to make an account instead :D

Sep 9, 2014 at 12:53 PM Post #448 of 15,526
Hi, i'm new here, thanks for reading me!

I'm looking for the ideal headphones for me, i can't afford buying different ones, i've saved a long time for these so i want to make it count!

I listen to:

Killswitch Engage
A Day To Remember
Daughtry
Bruno Mars 
Bullet For My Valentine
Dream Theater 
Four Year Strong
Paramore
etc...

I recently bought Sennheiser's 598 and I loved them! But returned them since they leak a LOT of sound and a LOT of sound came in. So maybe i'm looking for something decently isolating and noice cancelling. I really don't like microphones or volume controls on my headphones, just the plain cable.
I like clear sounds, not too mid muffled, I also love bass, but nothing too crazy! Maybe something a bit plain with a bit rock punch, like nice clear bass, clear vocals and a heavy snare on songs. Maybe i'm making it too complicated to choose lol, but I just really don't know which ones to get, you guys could help me so much!

I have this few options i've looked throughout your threads, but can't to have a clear winner (other options are welcome)

Audio Technica M50x
Sony MDR-1R
Beyerdynamic DT-770 PRO-32
Beyerdynamic DT-990 PRO-250
AKG K550
AKG Q 701 Quincy Jones
Sennheiser Urbanite
V-Moda XS
Onkyo ES-CTI300
Denon AH-D340
Any Beats in the price range (I've just seen a lot of people use them)

If possible, for them to be a little stylish (not too ugly lol)

Thank you so much for your help and reading me, you guys are awesome!!

Sep 9, 2014 at 2:24 PM Post #449 of 15,526
Hey everyone,

Been lurking for a while, but never joined. I'm getting ready to purchase a real setup for gaming and music listening, and am confused about how headphone surround and external amps work together. This site has been a huge help in guiding me towards my gear selection, so I figured I'd join and get some specific help. Looking forward to being a member here and getting to know some of you.

Thanks - D

Sep 9, 2014 at 2:39 PM Post #450 of 15,526
Hello,

Name is James.

I have a home studio and started lurking here to get ideas on what phones to buy. I ended up with 2 HD280's for their isolation, 2 MDR-7506's because they are good for vocals, and 2 ATH-M50's for myself because I am greedy like that and for mastering. They are being driven by a Furman 20 watt HA-6A distribution system with HR2 remote stations. It's been a spectacular setup.

I decided I would sign up and join the conversation.

I have been growing increasingly dissatisfied with the fidelity of mp3's. I found myself remebering my turntable with great fondness. I know others have actually gone back but I'm convinced thats not the way forward and digital is here to stay. So I  decided to try the Fiio X3. I can master my own music at higher resolutions and the result is good. I'm hoping the world will move to hi-res music so the prices come down and the quality will be real %100 of the time and not just upstepped mp3's. Maybe I just need to find a good place to buy.

I bought a set of V-Moda M-80's since the X3 is a portable device and that seemed like a logical approach. I like them.

I am now considering adding an amp which I have posted as it's own thread. It's starting to look like my M50's are great in the price range but not spectacular in the broader world of audiophile headphones and I may find myself buying better cans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back