New Member Introductions thread
Aug 27, 2014 at 6:22 AM Post #391 of 15,526
Hang on to your wallet! In the space of a week I went from an iPhone/entry level headset to a new AK120ii, Shure SE846 IEMs, and just ordered a balanced cable from Headphone Lounge. The new combo sounds amazing, and I play it loud so I can't hear my conscience nagging me...

Aug 27, 2014 at 6:48 AM Post #392 of 15,526
Hang on to your wallet! In the space of a week I went from an iPhone/entry level headset to a new AK120ii, Shure SE846 IEMs, and just ordered a balanced cable from Headphone Lounge. The new combo sounds amazing, and I play it loud so I can't hear my conscience nagging me...

What about feeling that wetness coming from the tears shed by your bank account?
tongue.gif

Aug 27, 2014 at 7:29 AM Post #393 of 15,526
My account is so dried up it has no tears to shed. But the sound of the SE846s is enough to drown out the sobs...

Aug 27, 2014 at 9:35 AM Post #394 of 15,526
Hello all. Im Kites
Started googling what was the best non apple mp3 player out there in my quest for a better sound and listening experience.
Stumbled across head fi by chance.
Two words, Mega, and Awesome.
Not looking at the big guns yet.
But will be purchasing ak100 or dx90 to get started.
Already looking at amps and cables... Havent even got a dap yet lol

Aug 27, 2014 at 12:34 PM Post #395 of 15,526
Hello,

My name is Vincent, 19 Years young, and I'm a Music Addict. Just getting into headphones and wanted to say what a nice site this is! Just bought a Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro and I'm loving it 
o2smile.gif

I'm from a small village called Heerlen in the Netherlands, if you want to know more, you can ask me.

Aug 27, 2014 at 12:37 PM Post #396 of 15,526
Hi,

I'm from the city of sin Montreal in Canada. Headphones are my best friend out there, I've been hooked and plugged for 13 years now! All I see is Beats by Dre and stock 5$ white apple earbuds most of the time, more people need to enjoy the beauty of good phones :)

Aug 27, 2014 at 6:43 PM Post #398 of 15,526
Hello im esteban from colombia, im 27, i've been always a music lover, and kind of audiophile, i have a turtle beach xp500 5.1 surround gaming headphones, and im waiting for a jvc HA-FX 101 it will arrive soon, i hope to learn a lot fo this forum.
see u

Aug 27, 2014 at 10:41 PM Post #400 of 15,526
Hi all. Obviously I am new here, and I am fairly new to the headphone hobby in general (prompted by neighbors who didn't enjoy some midnight music).

Currently I own a HifiMan HE-400 and a Schiit Asgard 2 which drives it very well. However, I tend to be more of a vintage guy, and I've just purchased a Stax SRA-3S amp and SR-X MK2 headphones. I am much looking forward to how they sound and compare to the HifiMan/Shiit combination.

Nice to meet you all, and looking forward to exchange experiences regarding our ear warmers...

Aug 27, 2014 at 11:00 PM Post #401 of 15,526
Hi. My mame is Rodrigo. Im from Chile. I started in this hobby back in 2006 with an iriver T20 (520 Mb) :)

Nowadays i have some hifiman and fiio stuff. I read the forum daily and finaly made an account.

So, hello to all headfiers!

Aug 28, 2014 at 3:21 AM Post #402 of 15,526
Hello Head-Fi,
I've been following this forum for quite some time. Thanks to the rich contents, I’m discovering the amazing world of good sound. I’ve started with a Koss PortaPro which now I use as portable HPs. My current rig is a Fiio E17 + AKG K550 and I’m very happy with it. As I wished more from my audio experience with my Android phone I’ve developed an equalizer that (after a quick calibration) adapts to the headphones in use… I would like some of the users of this forum to beta test it but since I don’t want to spam, before a start a thread about it, I’ll contact the moderators and hear what they think about it first :)

Bye

Aug 28, 2014 at 7:15 AM Post #403 of 15,526
Hello people 
smile.gif

So, I am Peter (23) from Slovakia (currently working in Czech Republic). This is my first post after cca 6 months after registration.
Call me "Bobi", since I am using this nickname for like 2-3 years 
wink.gif

In my short history, I owned Koss PortaPro (6 years of persistent listening !), after problems with cable I realized that on market has to be something better, so as I am fan of DJ Tiesto, I went to buy AKG K67 Tiesto, which satisfied me with sound, but not with build quality.
I had to RMA them 2 times due to broken bridge (yes, I was using them correctly, and I don't have that big head), and they broke for 3rd time in hinge used by 3D-Axis system (it simply fell to pieces for no reason) - and I was done, since they were used only at home, no wearing outside.
So I am refusing another RMA, and I will buy something new hopefully 
beyersmile.png

I didn't have that chance to dive deeply to forum, so I will shoot out some questions in Help forum. I am not audiophile, I would rate myself as enthusiast, but with close to no-overview about current headphones market, I only know some well-known manufacturers.

Regards,
Bobi

Aug 28, 2014 at 7:30 AM Post #405 of 15,526
Hi All my name is Tom and I'm a old hibernated audiophile, who has started from the beginning,
when I moved to Thailand 10 years ago,  but today is my requirement modest compared :)

But always good to keep me up dated, what happens on the field of HiFi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back