New Member Introductions thread
Aug 13, 2015 at 2:29 PM Post #2,041 of 15,594
  This is my first post.  Just recently purchased a cheap usb headset so I could listen to music on the computer without disturbing anyone. (It's an Ovleng Q1)  I think I need a driver to make it work but can't figure out how to do it.  I went to Ovleng's website and tried the translate to English but can't find what I need.  I'm afraid to download from a third party for fear of getting a virus or malware......can anyone offer me any suggestions? I did a quick search on the forums but didn't come up with anything.  Thanks ever so much in advance.

When you plug the headset into your computer, is it registered at all?  Check "Playback Devices."  

Aug 13, 2015 at 2:50 PM Post #2,042 of 15,594

Welcome.  You might not know it yet but it's possible you might be on the audiophile path.  This place will be sure to push you down that path even faster.  

Thanks for the welcome.

And I fear I'm already on well and truly on that path.  For the last couple weeks I've been looking at headphones, headphone amps, DACs, etc. 

Aug 13, 2015 at 2:56 PM Post #2,043 of 15,594
  Thanks for the welcome.

And I fear I'm already on well and truly on that path.  For the last couple weeks I've been looking at headphones, headphone amps, DACs, etc. 

I started out the same way.  I ended up getting a $400ish dollar setup (the one on my profile), and now I'm planning one that's over 4x the cost!  And I've only been here for a year, lol.

Aug 13, 2015 at 5:36 PM Post #2,044 of 15,594
Hi all, first time poster here. I've been looking around at some reviews and posts here but now I'm to the point of making a decision, so you'll be seeing some questions from me in this forum section soon.

I currently have Astro A50s and after 2 1/2 some years, they are acting up a bit :p my main use of them has been gaming, music, and movies, all on my pc. I'll save all my questions for a different thread though :)

So I already told you I enjoy gaming and music (of course). For gaming I play all sorts, from BF4 all the way to Minecraft. As for music I enjoy almost any style, but my favorite would have to be classical. That might have something to do with playing cello for 10 years though lol.

Looking forward to chatting with you guys here!

Aug 13, 2015 at 7:47 PM Post #2,045 of 15,594
No, it doesn't show up there.  I also tried it in a laptop and it didn't work there either...does it sound like a hardware fault with the headset?  I hear the computer make a noise when I plug it in and unplug it..sort of like it's recognizing it but nothing else happens.

Aug 13, 2015 at 8:00 PM Post #2,046 of 15,594
  No, it doesn't show up there.  I also tried it in a laptop and it didn't work there either...does it sound like a hardware fault with the headset?  I hear the computer make a noise when I plug it in and unplug it..sort of like it's recognizing it but nothing else happens.

I assume Windows operating system?  With the headset plugged in go into the device manager and see if there is any unrecognized hardware listed there. 

Aug 13, 2015 at 9:19 PM Post #2,047 of 15,594
I installed windows 10 but it was acting the same with windows 7.  I checked the device manager and when I plug it in under Universal Serial Bus Controller it displays "unknown USB device..(Device Descriptor Request Failed.)  This text goes away when I unplug the headset.

Aug 13, 2015 at 9:43 PM Post #2,048 of 15,594
Hey everyone, this is my first post here even thought I've been lurking for quite some time. I mainly want to hear some advice/recommendations on my upcoming build.This will basically be my first desktop setup as I've basically always been listening to pc > philips old mini system > speakers.
I set myself a budget of no more than $500 and I might just be able to stay below it. For DAC+Amp I decided to go for the O2+ODAC. I'll buy all the parts from JDSLabs and save around ~$100 for a total of $200. I was recommended the E10k too for a cheaper setup, but I was already enchanted by the O2+ODAC and I like that it will let me drive most headphones without problem.
For headphones I was looking for something with a neutral sound signature, or close to it. I don't need the isolation of closed headphones so I decided to look mainly for open headphones, since they'll also be better for gaming. After reading some lists and recommendations, the number one on my list right now is the DT 880. I've also looked at the Fidelio X2 (hard to find someone that ships international to where I live), AD900X (my number two right now), HD600 and HE-400 (will make me go over budget unless I get them cheap and/or used that's willing to ship int).

Aug 14, 2015 at 12:04 AM Post #2,050 of 15,594
Hi Guys,

One of my first posts here.

On the road to summit hi-fi, I have to keep reminding myself that it is all about the journey. I recently posted this picture to Reddit and was reminded of how it has reflected my headphone journey in a short period of time. I have to remember to stop and sniff the roses, as well as listen to all of the headphones. Favorites this week, LCD 2F.

Aug 14, 2015 at 12:20 AM Post #2,051 of 15,594
  Hi Guys,

On the road to summit hi-fi, I have to keep reminding myself that it is all about the journey. I recently posted this picture to Reddit and was reminded of how it has reflected my headphone journey in a short period of time. I have to remember to stop and sniff the roses, as well as listen to all of the headphones. Favorites this week, LCD 2F.

Impressive headphone collection you've got there!

Aug 14, 2015 at 5:21 PM Post #2,052 of 15,594
Hello everyone, Jörgen from Sweden here.

Have always been into headphones but it wasn't until a year and a half ago I realized there is no such thing called one-size-fits-all when it comes to the perfect sound, that was when I discovered Head-fi.

Now, somewhere close to 20 cans and a few amplifiers later i decided to create an account here to make my addiction official (well, that and I also need to post a few questions regarding recently aquired K141 and k240 Sextetts).

Great community and truly a endless source of knowledge I couldn't live without, thank you all for making it happen.

Regards, Jörgen.

Aug 14, 2015 at 6:16 PM Post #2,053 of 15,594
Hello Everybody!

My name's Zach but almost all my friends call me zozo. After playing and writing music for a few years I decided to make a few big purchases (big to me) and try to join the hifi/headfi community. I have always appreciated the beauty in music production, but I can't say I truly experienced it until I picked up my first pair of good headphones (hifi man he-400s) roughly 1 year ago. Well it's been awhile since then, but my love for headphones and music hasn't died.

Aug 15, 2015 at 12:20 AM Post #2,055 of 15,594
Hi Guys,

For someone "new" to the headphone journey that's an impressive and very expensive collection. (Drools)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back