New iBasso Portable Amp/DAC: iBasso D14 "Bushmaster"
Mar 8, 2016 at 1:14 PM Post #451 of 584
Thank you. I already listened DX80 and D14 but couldnt compare it head to head, even today:frowning2:  From memory D14 is a little bit darker but both share indeed similar signature. I dont perceive th​em as bright and cold but rather very energetic and lively. Maybe D14 had a little Sabre "glare" in sound in upper registers but thats why I want to compare them in same time. I will be using them only with Mee Pinnacle P1.
today I listened DX80, X7, Mojo, Oppo h​a 2. Id consider only Mojo and Dx80 and of course D14 but for my personal taste and synergy with  P1 Id give slight edge for iBasso house sound. Mojo lacked a little energy and sounded sometimes too polite but it could be due its tonally more flat and neutral. Anyway its great, "big", mature, non fatigue sound with plenty of details. I could live with any of these units...   ​

Mar 9, 2016 at 8:58 AM Post #452 of 584
Thank you. I already listened DX80 and D14 but couldnt compare it head to head, even today:frowning2:  From memory D14 is a little bit darker but both share indeed similar signature. I dont perceive th​em as bright and cold but rather very energetic and lively. Maybe D14 had a little Sabre "glare" in sound in upper registers but thats why I want to compare them in same time. I will be using them only with Mee Pinnacle P1.
today I listened DX80, X7, Mojo, Oppo h​a 2. Id consider only Mojo and Dx80 and of course D14 but for my personal taste and synergy with  P1 Id give slight edge for iBasso house sound. Mojo lacked a little energy and sounded sometimes too polite but it could be due its tonally more flat and neutral. Anyway its great, "big", mature, non fatigue sound with plenty of details. I could live with any of these units...   ​

Absolutely. My usage with the D14 has been very satisfying as well. I find myself turning off all EQ'ing. It's the first time that I've been completely satisfied with the default sound signature ANY product has to offer. In general I have to increase or lower something, but not with the D14. It's truly astounding especially for only $200. I even enjoy using it Lined out to my car. No hiss, just fantastic energetic sound. Even though I say energetic, please don't take that as recessed mids.. They are there in abundance. It truly brings a smile to my face just thinking about it..

Mar 9, 2016 at 1:03 PM Post #453 of 584

How did the HA2 stack up against the D14?

Mar 9, 2016 at 2:35 PM Post #454 of 584
It was quite good. I would place its signature somewhere between DX80 ( so D14 as well - lively, energetic, detailed sound) and Mojo ( warmer, bigger, detailed sound). Anyway midrange wasnt as clear and articulate as in Mojo and iBasso DACs - was a little bit closer, warmer, softer in my opinion. It was stil;l great by my personal taste prefer muc more Mojo and iBasso midrange. I also h​ad problems with some cracks and pops when connected to S6 - increasing buffer size didnt do work for me.
Ergonomically its great for S6 - almost same size and th​inner than D14. Also more features.​
Both devices are great and nobody should regret getting any of these.   ​

Mar 11, 2016 at 11:57 AM Post #457 of 584
  Anyone knows whether or not D14's op-amps are easily replacable/rollable?

They are not in a socket they are soldered to the board. The P5 offer superb sound and the ability to roll opamp and buffers.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Mar 11, 2016 at 12:02 PM Post #458 of 584
Has anyone tried to run 352/24 flac from Windows 7/Foobar2000 through usb? Is there popping/skipping/stuttering?
I am having those issues but not when I run it from my galaxy s6 edge+ phone through usb

Mar 11, 2016 at 5:12 PM Post #459 of 584
Never even heard of 352, highest this can play is 192/32 according to its settings

Mar 11, 2016 at 5:32 PM Post #461 of 584
PM me a file like that, I'll test out since I use foobar too

EDIT: Found the 352/24 section on HDTracks, I"ll test out a couple in a bit....also I am on Win 10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back