New iBasso Portable Amp/DAC: iBasso D14 "Bushmaster"
Feb 16, 2016 at 12:41 PM Post #421 of 584
Hi Paul - iBasso,

I think my battery is malfunctioning. I am using my D14 as a DAC only and getting around 6 hours from fully charged to complete empty.
Per the specifications, the battery life when used as dac/amp is 13 hours so I expect at least to get the same duration for DAC only if not longer.
I bought mine from Amazon a month ago.

What advise do you have?

When using the D14 as a DAC with the USB it lasts for 6 to 7 hours. This is because of the chip used for the USB, which draws more current.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Feb 16, 2016 at 2:59 PM Post #422 of 584
When using the D14 as a DAC with the USB it lasts for 6 to 7 hours. This is because of the chip used for the USB, which draws more current.

Thank you Paul.
Then how come the battery lasts 13 hours when used as dac/amp?
I am wondering why operating the device as dac/cam lasts longer than dac only?

Edit: by the way, I didn't measure how many hours it will last as dac/amp or amp only but I am going by the spec

Feb 16, 2016 at 6:37 PM Post #424 of 584
Only downside to the device is that when it completely dies it needs to charge a bit before audio will work again. I forgot I turned off the charging last night then right before I went to work I checked it and realized it was dead b/c of that and didn't have time to wait for it to charge enough to work again to continue burning in my Puros

Feb 16, 2016 at 10:44 PM Post #425 of 584
Only downside to the device is that when it completely dies it needs to charge a bit before audio will work again. I forgot I turned off the charging last night then right before I went to work I checked it and realized it was dead b/c of that and didn't have time to wait for it to charge enough to work again to continue burning in my Puros

Lurk,
Have you measured how many hours the battery last after full charge when you use it as dac/amp?

Feb 16, 2016 at 11:56 PM Post #427 of 584
Thank you Paul.
Then how come the battery lasts 13 hours when used as dac/amp?
I am wondering why operating the device as dac/cam lasts longer than dac only?

Edit: by the way, I didn't measure how many hours it will last as dac/amp or amp only but I am going by the spec

When the USB port is used it last around 6 to 7 hours. When the dac/amp with the coax or optical is used, it lasts about 13 hours.

If the port is loose and you have tried other USB cables then would need to have it serviced. The USB port would need to be replaced. You can contact the reseller you purchased it from for repair.

Feb 17, 2016 at 12:56 AM Post #428 of 584
Thank you Paul.
It would be very helpful to include those numbers/facts within the specs so buyers don't get misled as I did.
As much as I like the D14 but I am very disappointed and will reconsider recommending it or any other iBasso products to others.

Feb 17, 2016 at 10:46 AM Post #429 of 584
  When the USB port is used it last around 6 to 7 hours. When the dac/amp with the coax or optical is used, it lasts about 13 hours.

If the port is loose and you have tried other USB cables then would need to have it serviced. The USB port would need to be replaced. You can contact the reseller you purchased it from for repair.

Ok i'll do that. The mini usb port are often too lose. It's a problem from the conception  itself

Feb 17, 2016 at 11:40 AM Post #430 of 584
Thank you Paul.
It would be very helpful to include those numbers/facts within the specs so buyers don't get misled as I did.
As much as I like the D14 but I am very disappointed and will reconsider recommending it or any other iBasso products to others.

I have asked that the manual be updated. With a computer as the USB is often used the D14 can also be charged. I apologize for the lack of information regarding the USB and battery life.

Feb 17, 2016 at 5:36 PM Post #431 of 584
Wondering, why does it use Mini USB instead of Micro? My FiiO E07K is the same way. Micro is the common type now, kinda sucks having to Mini. 

Feb 17, 2016 at 10:29 PM Post #432 of 584
  Wondering, why does it use Mini USB instead of Micro? My FiiO E07K is the same way. Micro is the common type now, kinda sucks having to Mini. 

Good question. In the past we found that the Mini held up better. I like the micro also.

Feb 18, 2016 at 11:15 AM Post #434 of 584
So I've been putting 100+ hours to my D14 and this is not harsh/sibilant at all! very clear and but no harshness 
gs1000.gif

That is when I test it using live recordings with many cymbal splashes

Wished this thing got more power hehe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back