New iBasso DX200
Jul 10, 2016 at 6:08 PM Post #50 of 91
  What do you guys make of the single DAC implimentation?

If there was something about the excellent explanation from @T.R.A.N.C.E. on the other thread that you didn't understand you could have asked there rather than making a pointless trolling post here 
rolleyes.gif

Jul 10, 2016 at 7:08 PM Post #51 of 91
Its a fair question and regardless of ibasso's history on here asking and being critical does not make for some kind of crime, there is such a thing as constructive critique. High end DAPs have a dual mono approach to DACs. I like this product but would want it to feature as much as others in its range so I can weigh it against others like the Onkyo.... your defence of the brand prevents reasoned questioning and only does it more harm than good... the reply in the other thread was more a bash of AK and all the other brands that use dual DAC's than it was an answer to anything. 

Jul 12, 2016 at 1:19 AM Post #53 of 91
Its a fair question and regardless of ibasso's history on here asking and being critical does not make for some kind of crime, there is such a thing as constructive critique. High end DAPs have a dual mono approach to DACs. I like this product but would want it to feature as much as others in its range so I can weigh it against others like the Onkyo.... your defence of the brand prevents reasoned questioning and only does it more harm than good... the reply in the other thread was more a bash of AK and all the other brands that use dual DAC's than it was an answer to anything. 

Trance's point was very valid. The fact that you do not like it is another issue. I have owned or tried most high end portable DAPs and rigs. My favorites are actually all single DAC or specific architecture, Lotoo Paw Gold, Mojo, Hugo, Aune M2S, etc. The AK120 and 240 are double DAC and not as good as many cited above IMO. It is all about implementation.

Calling another member a troll for asking a question is a violation of forum posting rules.

Saying someone is trolling on a specific post is not calling him a troll in general. Leave the policing to the admins.

Jul 12, 2016 at 4:13 AM Post #55 of 91
lets please all just focus on dx200 features, expectations, and how we wish ibasso will listen to users

I am starting to get tired honestly, I took a vow that I will never be part of any fiasco, as I learned one thing the hard way that  in the end its only gears, and its not making us any smarter to be so defensive or offensive. Who cares, I can simply like something now, and the second day i will dislike it.

back to the topic, ibasso please please implement a working eq that is effective as most eqs found in other daps are useless

Jul 12, 2016 at 5:42 AM Post #56 of 91

Calling another member a troll for asking a question is a violation of forum posting rules.

Thanks bro, these guys are being fanboys. Childish really. Not gonna argue with them, will wait for the DAP and check for reviews.

Am weary of bias Mim... people who drop the ball and get petty calling industry standards ''gimmics'' gives the impression their opinion isn't objective. That's what I, 'don't like'. As said hifiman and others adopt it, I already own an AK. I would like to buy this DAP but would want it to match those others in all arenas. Hence the question. If people posted without the insults against me or other brands I'd consider those opinions more valid. A good review with high end balanced headphones will offer more insight. Will wait until then if I can .lol. 

Thnks.

Sep 3, 2016 at 3:30 AM Post #57 of 91
Still no news when dx200 launch ? T-T

Tested ak70, ak300, cayin n5, i5, dxp1, x, x7, calyx m , dx80 n others...

At the end still prefer DX80 more for the sound wise... I want more than dx80...

Oct 5, 2016 at 10:24 PM Post #58 of 91
Still no news when dx200 launch ? T-T

Tested ak70, ak300, cayin n5, i5, dxp1, x, x7, calyx m , dx80 n others...

At the end still prefer DX80 more for the sound wise... I want more than dx80...

why do you prefer dx80 over x7? 
which LO is better? basically, the DAC of which player is better?
For long have you tested x7?

Oct 6, 2016 at 12:26 AM Post #59 of 91
why do you prefer dx80 over x7? 

which LO is better? basically, the DAC of which player is better?

For long have you tested x7?

the shop i went to only have x7 with Am1, i listen with my songs around 40minutes.
for me, X7 in term of sq, sound stage,layering, details almost everthing is one step better than dx80.... but X7 sound digitalized.... so i dont like it...

best is.listen by yourself n.see which one u prefer.

from my above list i prefer calyx m >dx80 zx2>i5 >ak70 ak100 x7 dxp1

i usually listen with grace m9xx, ibasso d-zero mk2, beyer dt880, dt1770, um3x, tfz s3, momemtum over ear.
sometimes listen with my friends' dx80, sony zx2

Oct 12, 2016 at 7:58 PM Post #60 of 91
So I was thinking of getting the ZX2 because of it's expansion port AND ability to have Spotify/Tidal. Now that I spot this DX200 I might be holding off on the purchase.

So let me get this straight, December is when we can expect it? It will have Android with Google Play? It can drive full sized headphones like the DX100? SUBBED

Users who are viewing this thread

Back