New high-end headphone amps: Vorzuge VorzAMPpure and VorzAMPduo impressions and review thread
Jun 14, 2014 at 3:47 PM Post #256 of 376
Yes, I have a pure ii.  It's gain adjustable to lower gain as I have CIEMs.  It's a huge improvement compared to internal amp on the DX90 and other DAPs.  It's the best portable amp I've heard, it does well with anything.  Do a search in the pure ii thread, DX90 and X5 threads, you will run into impressions.

thanks silverears.

I have a headstage 3g and wonder if the bass bost is better or similar  (0dB, 9dB, 12dB on the g3) on the Vorzüge amps...

Jun 14, 2014 at 4:03 PM Post #257 of 376
thanks silverears.

I have a headstage 3g and wonder if the bass bost is better or similar  (0dB, 9dB, 12dB on the g3) on the Vorzüge amps...

I heard headstage and no comparison, same for C5D or C5 amps.  This sounds like a desktop amp.  I don't have bass boost on my pure ii, but it has 3 gain levels and it seems quite powerful as I hear hissing with the highest gain level at low volume.  No hissing with 107dB sensitivity NT-6 with lowest gain setting.  

Jun 14, 2014 at 4:23 PM Post #258 of 376
I heard headstage and no comparison, same for C5D or C5 amps.  This sounds like a desktop amp.  I don't have bass boost on my pure ii, but it has 3 gain levels and it seems quite powerful as I hear hissing with the highest gain level at low volume.  No hissing with 107dB sensitivity NT-6 with lowest gain setting.  

ooook so now i need really to try it...argh....my wallet....and they're kind of rare in the classifieds. ..

Jun 14, 2014 at 5:31 PM Post #259 of 376
Anybody paired one of the Vorzüge with either dx50 or dx90?
Any thoughts?

Yes, I have a pure ii.  It's gain adjustable to lower gain as I have CIEMs.  It's a huge improvement compared to internal amp on the DX90 and other DAPs.  It's the best portable amp I've heard, it does well with anything.  Do a search in the pure ii thread, DX90 and X5 threads, you will run into impressions.

I agree with SilverEars, it is a huge improvement over the HO of the DX90.  
After more listening with my DX90LO set to 250 gain and my Pure ii set to at around 10:00-11:00 the results are stunning.  I'm using my Dita Answer for this combo, the detail retrieval, and the soundstage is amazing, very open and airy.  

Being kind of rare in the classifieds might be a good sign
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 16, 2014 at 7:03 AM Post #260 of 376

I own the Duo it is my go to amp. It sounds great and their customer service is top notch I have used it consistently for over a year and it is one product that I would replace should it ever become defective   

Jun 20, 2014 at 1:25 AM Post #263 of 376
  Pure ii and DX90 is an awesome combo.  My favourite out of all the portable gear I own. (Geek Wave is still in design stage)

Would you mind posting a pic of your Rig? I can't represent myself how thick it is when paired with a DX....still portable? ?

Jun 20, 2014 at 2:20 AM Post #264 of 376
Would you mind posting a pic of your Rig? I can't represent myself how thick it is when paired with a DX....still portable? ?
I know you asked re DX90 so, not exactly what you're after - however, if it helps - this is how the chassis of these amps (all the same size whichever you pick) sits with the X5...

http://www.head-fi.org/g/i/1124733/a/875234/fiio-x5-thread-info-updated-on-jan-17th-2014/sort/display_order/

Jun 20, 2014 at 3:08 AM Post #265 of 376
Thanks Duncan, i guess that gives an idea. I'm afraid this will be far away from my idea of portable though. ...seems as thick as the dx, so no way to get that in your pocket. Sigh...

Jun 20, 2014 at 8:47 AM Post #267 of 376

I know you asked re DX90 so, not exactly what you're after - however, if it helps - this is how the chassis of these amps (all the same size whichever you pick) sits with the X5...

http://www.head-fi.org/g/i/1124733/a/875234/fiio-x5-thread-info-updated-on-jan-17th-2014/sort/display_order/

Hi, I also posted some pics in the other Vorzuge thread comparing the size of the Pico Slim, Pico Power, and Pure ii next to the DX90. 

Vorzüge VorzAMP PURE II - review and impressions - Page 13

Users who are viewing this thread

Back