New Hifiman HE-5LE planar magnetic headphone
Apr 26, 2012 at 4:38 AM Post #1,456 of 1,933

Quote:

In regards to driving the HE-5LEs, it's really a rather simple process.  It's called speaker taps.  Plus, it's not an over-the-top expense that people would not be able to afford.  The HE-5LEs love it, I love it and it's more than enough for what the HE-5LEs need.  
wink.gif

Most people don't have/too lazy to go out and buy a nice vintage receiver though.. audiophilia is a hobby about stay-at-home luxury after all...

Apr 26, 2012 at 6:22 AM Post #1,457 of 1,933
not the HE-5LE but the HE-500's are giving me much joy as of late.

Apr 26, 2012 at 7:56 PM Post #1,458 of 1,933

Quote:

Most people don't have/too lazy to go out and buy a nice vintage receiver though.. audiophilia is a hobby about stay-at-home luxury after all...

I didn't leave my home on the latest purchase.  It was a nice, new "B" stock piece from Yamaha with a 1-year warranty and a retro look to it.  So, yes, in keeping with the standard of a stay-at-home luxury, I ensured I was in full compliance during this last purchase.  
biggrin.gif

Apr 28, 2012 at 6:47 AM Post #1,459 of 1,933
The Qinpu A-1.0X is slated to arrive Monday (4/30), which only took a few button clicks and a couple of e-mails with someone on the FS threads here.

The 5LE sounded great with the AMC XIA and a bit better still with the Linn Intek, so I am very hopeful about the Qinpu--assuming that all the reviewer endorsements are on target.   

Then the staging will be in place for the HE-6 in the possibly near future.  : )

Apr 28, 2012 at 6:31 PM Post #1,460 of 1,933
Man I miss coming in here to talk to you guys.. the HE-500's were great but lately I've fallen back in love with the HDP again haha

Apr 28, 2012 at 6:41 PM Post #1,461 of 1,933
That picture......hilarious.

Apr 28, 2012 at 10:48 PM Post #1,463 of 1,933
Apr 28, 2012 at 11:26 PM Post #1,465 of 1,933

Quote:
Man I miss coming in here to talk to you guys.. the HE-500's were great but lately I've fallen back in love with the HDP again haha

No Whey!

Apr 29, 2012 at 7:35 AM Post #1,466 of 1,933

Quote:

How many Jiggawatts is the NuForce HDP capable of?  

Heres the thing...

IT DON'T MATTER TO ME HOW MUCH POWER THEY HAVE! It has powered everything save for the HE-5LE at "appropriate death metal volume). When in a certain power range though, they still sounded very good, they just need to be paired with a decent tube hybrid amp like my Millet, Bottlehead OTL, and I think Woo and Firestone make one too.

The dynamics you get from the HDP as in the punchyness of the lows and the sparkle of the highs make it my favorite. It is not a super clean sound by any means, but it is plenty enough for HD600, HD650, DT880, HE-500, and now LCD-2.

It's still my favorite all-in-one. I have yet to try the NFB-12, but then again it's produced overseas and Nuforce is literally produced in-house 20 minutes away from my home. I am not affiliated with them by any means, or else I'd have way more money and not do cables for Chipotle money (accepting donations.. JK) 

No Whey!

Healthy alternative to eating dessert I tell ya. Nah I lift weights in my spare time when I'm not in school or at home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back