New Hifiman HE-5LE planar magnetic headphone
Apr 17, 2010 at 2:55 PM Post #331 of 1,933
Quote:

Originally Posted by MikePio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello Everyone,

Ever since I got my new source I have noticed everything is more detailed and full, though with the HE-5's (mostly modern recordings) sound very sharp and discomforting, but some other recordings are so warm and lush it seems like two opposite headphones! Anyone else experience these huge jumps in timbre from one recording to another? This does not bother me too much, since I am almost certain its the production quality of the recording, but it just seems way more evident on the HE-5's than any other can I have tried... strange... cheers,

The HE-5's sound variance would likely be from its unforgiving reproduction. Keep in mind that most of us feel that it is not an all-rounder, but excels in several genres and like most headphones, doesn't do so well in others. They're very detailed headphones, so any lack of clarity from the recording is very much noticed.

Apr 17, 2010 at 10:34 PM Post #332 of 1,933
That is good to listen (i was expecting the engaging part of the RS1i's)...
Quote:

Originally Posted by aFo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IMO, the HE5's won out for me in terms of clarity and micro detail in the mids, but I simply found that I prefered the RS1's for their more engaging and involved sound

....Anyway, i already choose the RS1i's. They will work best with my music....

Apr 19, 2010 at 2:29 AM Post #334 of 1,933
Thanks for the link! Lovely looking, aren't they?
biggrin.gif

Apr 19, 2010 at 3:23 AM Post #335 of 1,933
Hello, Im interested in buying this ne iteration of the HE-5 for my dad, but I am in trouble becouse the original HE-5 does not fit him, the headband is to far from the head and the headphones are simply to big for him. My question is if the HE-5LE will have a smaller head size set this time arround.

Apr 19, 2010 at 3:25 AM Post #336 of 1,933
Does anybody know when people will be getting the first batch? I'm anxiously waiting for impressions/reviews!

Apr 19, 2010 at 5:00 AM Post #338 of 1,933
Quote:

Originally Posted by JIGF /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello, Im interested in buying this ne iteration of the HE-5 for my dad, but I am in trouble becouse the original HE-5 does not fit him, the headband is to far from the head and the headphones are simply to big for him. My question is if the HE-5LE will have a smaller head size set this time arround.

your dad needs to grow a larger head my 3 year old niece is within range of use.

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/5165/img8120d.jpg

Apr 19, 2010 at 3:54 PM Post #339 of 1,933
Quote:

Originally Posted by JIGF /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys, Namkai already responded in the other thread.

Oh shoot, didn't realize. Thanks for the heads up.

Apr 19, 2010 at 5:50 PM Post #340 of 1,933
Quote:

Originally Posted by fjrabon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeah, seriously. I can kind of see the point of extending the range to like 30 kHz, to show that it can likely extend comfortably to 20 kHz. But 60 kHz, seriously?

I was thinking the same thing when I saw the specs on Head Directs site. Not sure what the point will be other than no one else goes there. Maybe they can even go so far down the other way that the sub bass will give you a feeling of paranormal all around you. hehe. Combine that with some funny stuff and Jim Morrison will actually be standing in front of you singing Riders on the Storm! Little humor there.

On a serious note though, I bet these will be stellar cans. Looks like the release is sometime this week. Who's going to be first out of the gate to post a review???

Apr 19, 2010 at 6:22 PM Post #341 of 1,933
Quote:

Originally Posted by nonsupremous /img/forum/go_quote.gif
............SNIP...............

On a serious note though, I bet these will be stellar cans. Looks like the release is sometime this week. Who's going to be first out of the gate to post a review???

I sure hope it will be me!!!!
Ron

Apr 19, 2010 at 11:14 PM Post #344 of 1,933
Quote:

Originally Posted by nonsupremous /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was thinking the same thing when I saw the specs on Head Directs site. Not sure what the point will be other than no one else goes there.

You know, I asked Ray Samuels that exact question (about specs going up over 20kHz) and his answer was simple. You feed a signal generator onto the input and take the measurement on the output until it disappears.

I guess it is what it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back