new headfi engine - trouble with image hosting
Sep 25, 2010 at 6:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

nickchen

Headphoneus Supremus
Does anybody have a clue why more and more pics don't get displayed any more recently?
confused.gif

First thing I noticed 2 weeks ago was that sometimes pics only got displayed as links, although the preview had looked perfect. Next thing was that post #2 of my "eternal" MS1000 thread obviously had developed similar issues (had been fine for years before). Then I looked into my default album and got a (kind of) shock, as approx. 30% of my pic stuff wasn't available any more.

Sep 25, 2010 at 7:55 AM Post #2 of 9
I've noticed this too. I've gone in and fixed up posts for a couple of people by directly editing the source after getting the pictures to load.  Seems the picture management system is very buggy.

I would just use imageshack or similar for image hosting instead.  I use my own Gallery (that's the name of the software) on my own server for the most part.

Sep 25, 2010 at 12:05 PM Post #3 of 9

Quote:
I would just use imageshack or similar for image hosting instead.  I use my own Gallery (that's the name of the software) on my own server for the most part.

That is what I have been doing for years, but as I have understood it, the new engine insists on using the built-in routines. Haven't seen any "oldschool" link-like routine until now...
confused_face(1).gif

***starts digging***

Sep 25, 2010 at 1:23 PM Post #4 of 9
I have had numerous picture related issues with this new forum software as well.
But after completely switching to Imageshack I have had no issues.

Sep 25, 2010 at 3:19 PM Post #5 of 9
I don't think that external hosting makes any difference. Whenever you want to insert graphic material, you get a prompt to either specify the local path or the external hoster (mine is Photobucket). In both cases, the pics get added to your personaly headfi album (which doesn't work properly), and everything you do gets feeded from there.

Sep 25, 2010 at 4:05 PM Post #7 of 9
No idea what you mean with this statement
confused_face(1).gif

Sep 25, 2010 at 6:21 PM Post #9 of 9

Users who are viewing this thread

Back