New Flagship from Audio-Technica: ATH-W3000ANV, 50th Anniversary Headphones
Jun 23, 2012 at 1:57 PM Post #2,926 of 3,599
Thanks, I'm grateful for the feedback.  Glad to know these headphones are easy to amp, and that it's not entirely necessary to spend a bundle.  I'm sure I got drawn in by some of the other posts along with the ultra sexy looks of the tube amps out there.  Just curious how the LCD-3's sound with the Sansui?

Jun 23, 2012 at 1:59 PM Post #2,927 of 3,599
i really don't see the problem. i read imswjm's initial post and wasn't at all offended by it. i must admit that i was also bemused by his qualification. not every post draws a flurry of responses.
smile.gif

Jun 23, 2012 at 2:18 PM Post #2,930 of 3,599
Quote:

Who said his post was unreasonable? No one ever said that. And I also made it a point to say it wasn't a criticism that I was merely saying he didn't have to back and defend or explain his previous post because others felt differently. Everybody isn't going to hear things the same way. So there was never any issues with any of his posts.

My saying I found someone's post reasonable isn't tantamount to my saying other people found that same post unreasonable.

What I am saying is that I think it's reasonable for lmsjwm to clarify his original post and further explain his views if he feels he wasn't coming across the way he intended. If he wants to explain why he arrived at his conclusions, what you call defending his post, I think that's fine. All too often opinions are taken for granted or dismissed because "people just hear things differently." That kind of truism is only so helpful I think.

Jun 23, 2012 at 2:34 PM Post #2,932 of 3,599
Quote:
Ah, I see your point and I apologize if I read it the wrong way.

No worries. : )

I really love both the W3000ANV and TH900, but they're very different headphones. It seems a lot of people want to know how they compare to each other, as that gets asked a lot in the TH900 thread and also in PMs from members. I think lmsjwm is just trying to be helpful by elaborating.

Jun 23, 2012 at 3:08 PM Post #2,933 of 3,599
The W3000s arrived a few hours ago
k701smile.gif

Definitely love at first sight and more importantly, SOUND 
wink_face.gif

Seem to have better synergy with Woo WA22 than ECBA. Probably because of the tubes in the Woo (Sophia Princess & RCA Smoked Glass)
Slight sibilance and edgy treble on the ECBA.

Burning them in with the ALO RxIII and this amp keeps surprising me with its power and finesse.  
How many hours before they settle down.. 

Jun 23, 2012 at 4:10 PM Post #2,934 of 3,599
Thanks, I'm grateful for the feedback.  Glad to know these headphones are easy to amp, and that it's not entirely necessary to spend a bundle.  I'm sure I got drawn in by some of the other posts along with the ultra sexy looks of the tube amps out there.  Just curious how the LCD-3's sound with the Sansui?

The LCD-3's are also great with the Sansui. The Sansui makes a very good headphone amp.

No worries. : )

I really love both the W3000ANV and TH900, but they're very different headphones. It seems a lot of people want to know how they compare to each other, as that gets asked a lot in the TH900 thread and also in PMs from members. I think lmsjwm is just trying to be helpful by elaborating.

Indeed, they are quite different sonically, no doubt about that. I am sure the TH900 will have a lot of fans, as they do some really nice things. I also agree that you can only learn so much about a headphone at a meet, but in my personal case, I learned enough to know I won't ever like their treble response enough to throw down $1750. JMO, YMMV, etcetc.

Jun 23, 2012 at 4:12 PM Post #2,935 of 3,599
I'm looking forward to import the W3000 after having owned the L3000 and W5000 in the past. Probably the 2 headphones I miss the most after going through almost everything out there. Is there any way to get these internationally shipped from BC on eBay?

Jun 23, 2012 at 4:44 PM Post #2,936 of 3,599
I'm looking forward to import the W3000 after having owned the L3000 and W5000 in the past. Probably the 2 headphones I miss the most after going through almost everything out there. Is there any way to get these internationally shipped from BC on eBay?

Why you just order them from pricejapan.com?

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Jun 25, 2012 at 3:00 PM Post #2,938 of 3,599
I am seriously considering these headphones but I worry that my current ODAC - m-stage setup won't do these justice.  Although, if I wait they might sell out since they are a limited release.

Has anyone tried these with a m-stage or comparable SS amp?

Also, I assume these are legit?

Jun 25, 2012 at 3:09 PM Post #2,939 of 3,599
They'll do just fine from ODAC->M-Stage. I'm using them from my VAIO laptop out this very minute. I've also run out them out the Objective2 amp. The W3000ANV's don't have any special requirements other than a quiet amp. You may want to turn the gain down on the M-Stage if there's noise.

Jun 25, 2012 at 3:14 PM Post #2,940 of 3,599
Tried them with my TEAC UD-H01 Dac and they're doing fine, no noise at all.
They'll get better with a better amp but not as much as a Senn gets better for example.
Also used them with my Fostex HP-P1 portable amp which is only a portable but a high quality one IMO. Really wonderful sound.
Get them if you like them, you can always get a better amp when the time is right for you.

Edit: Beach Camera is legit yes, bought my W5000s there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back