New design: HOT or NOT?
Feb 21, 2009 at 8:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 123

paara

500+ Head-Fier
[size=large]OBS: The text might not be correct when you are voteing!
Left sided avatar = the old design which we have had for years
Avatar on top = The design that added all the user information to the top of each post[/size]

What do you prefere?
The way it is now or the former apperance?

I think it was better before. Now it is more messy, less post realeted information per viewing field.

Please Vote, and maybe if enough people are displeased Jude will change it

At the moment more then 85% was satisfied with the previous while less then 35% is satesfied [size=x-small]with[/size] the current design

Feb 21, 2009 at 8:46 PM Post #2 of 123
I liked it on the left too. It was easier to read posts like that for me.

I might have to have a little fun with Stylish at some point...
atsmile.gif

Feb 21, 2009 at 8:52 PM Post #4 of 123
Yes I agree.
Like people already found out, you will need to scroll more. IMO 15 post each page is already a bit unhandy.
My main forum did also go through a change a while ago.

BTW you can go into options and select the old looking again but that option might not be there forever I think. Guess you have to like it.
biggrin.gif

Hope this help.

Feb 21, 2009 at 8:59 PM Post #8 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by Calexico /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why don't you guys at least give it a chance. Complaining about it at this point, I can't imagine you've had any time to adjust.

I cant adjust to the fact that there are alot more unrelated information in my view.

Its like if you have a dead cat on the front window of your car.
wink.gif

Its not getting better with time.

Feb 21, 2009 at 9:01 PM Post #9 of 123
Strong advocate of the left-side avatar here. Also, I'm a member of 10+ forums that I frequent, and many of them have top avatars as well, so it's not for lack of getting used to.

Feb 21, 2009 at 9:02 PM Post #10 of 123
Feb 21, 2009 at 9:06 PM Post #11 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by paara /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I cant adjust to the fact that there are alot more unrelated information in my view.

Its like if you have a dead cat on the front window of your car.
wink.gif

Its not getting better with time.

haha, good analogy, but u have wipers in a car lol

i made a few more tweaks too, but its alot less cluttered

Feb 21, 2009 at 9:06 PM Post #12 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by Calexico /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why don't you guys at least give it a chance. Complaining about it at this point, I can't imagine you've had any time to adjust.

I've been a member of plenty of forums that have had the style like how it is currently, so I've had plenty of 'adjustment' time. I just prefer it the other way.
biggrin.gif

Feb 21, 2009 at 9:13 PM Post #13 of 123
Well, with the new style, the "don't show signatures" option is indeed very nice.

Couldn't the "quote" "multi" and "quick" buttons go up at the right of the title of the post (along with the useless little icons) ? That would free a line (noone is really giving titles to posts anyway).

Feb 21, 2009 at 9:17 PM Post #14 of 123
I've set the template to 'Default template with left side column' and it hasn't seemed to change...

Why is it like this anyway?

Feb 21, 2009 at 9:20 PM Post #15 of 123
This is pretty terrible. The avatar and username are in the way of reading posts and it makes for a lot more scrolling too. It needs to be changed back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back