New DENON "Music Maniac" & "Urban Raver" Lines: D7100, D600, D400 & C300 Impressions Thread
Aug 27, 2012 at 11:46 PM Post #707 of 1,588
Quote:

Elitism begets elitism... or a gaggle of shrouded hirelings. 
wink_face.gif

I'm open to your perspective, but could you please translate for clarity's sake?

Aug 28, 2012 at 1:16 AM Post #709 of 1,588
Quote:

I don't trust graphs.  I use them as a guide.

Agreed. My ears hear what they hear, the visual image reproduced by graphs don't always correspond to what I believe I hear.

I prefer first hand testimonials, if I can't audition them first. And then with a hefty grain of salt, depending on the equipment  used.

I always love when people try out a $500 or more pair of headphones with a $100 ipod, or worse yet, a smart phone who's primary purpose is to make phone calls and text messages.

Aug 28, 2012 at 1:27 AM Post #710 of 1,588
Quote:
Agreed. My ears hear what they hear, the visual image reproduced by graphs don't always correspond to what I believe I hear.

I prefer first hand testimonials, if I can't audition them first. And then with a hefty grain of salt, depending on the equipment  used.

I always love when people try out a $500 or more pair of headphones with a $100 ipod, or worse yet, a smart phone who's primary purpose is to make phone calls and text messages.

I use my D600 with dedicated player playing looseless audio only and i"m enjoying them so far but still interested to find out if Mad Dogs can beat them

Aug 28, 2012 at 6:56 AM Post #713 of 1,588
I thought Id compare the graphs from InnerFidelity - I just recoloured the graphs and have both the left and right channels the same colour. 

Aug 28, 2012 at 8:48 AM Post #715 of 1,588
Quote:
Thanks.  I am thinking of saving up for the Ultrasone Signature DJ that may meet all my checkboxes for the perfect headphone.

I notice you are looking for some new headphones and sending the D600 back... Maybe you should give the Phillips fidelio L1 a try.... I am receiving some tomorrow I will report back what they are like.

Aug 28, 2012 at 9:33 AM Post #716 of 1,588
I think it's quite safe to say D600 and D7100 seems to be using the same drivers and D7100 isn't worth the big price jump over D600 for most people.

Aug 28, 2012 at 9:35 AM Post #717 of 1,588
Quote:
I thought Id compare the graphs from InnerFidelity - I just recoloured the graphs and have both the left and right channels the same colour. 

Interesting, really looks like the D600 and D7100 are almost one and the same and they have the same drivers. 

I think I read that the D7100 did everything the D600 did but better. Could that be because of different ear cups, and possibly damping materials I wonder?

Or just the placebo effect, only way to tell would be with a blindfold test.

Aug 28, 2012 at 9:48 AM Post #719 of 1,588
Quote:
I notice you are looking for some new headphones and sending the D600 back... Maybe you should give the Phillips fidelio L1 a try.... I am receiving some tomorrow I will report back what they are like.

Sounds great, I am particularly interested in their level of detail since some reports say that is a shortfall of these.

Aug 28, 2012 at 10:15 AM Post #720 of 1,588
Yes, you did, it was me that posted a mini review.

I've been listening to headphones for 30 years, so I'm quite convinced that the D7100 sounded better than the D600, but as I wrote in my review, the difference in sound is not worth the price difference.

Interesting, really looks like the D600 and D7100 are almost one and the same and they have the same drivers. 

I think I read that the D7100 did everything the D600 did but better. Could that be because of different ear cups, and possibly damping materials I wonder?

Or just the placebo effect, only way to tell would be with a blindfold test.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back