New DENON "Music Maniac" & "Urban Raver" Lines: D7100, D600, D400 & C300 Impressions Thread
Aug 2, 2012 at 12:48 AM Post #31 of 1,588
Quote:

What was your vol level on your phone...50% or more?

I have Cowon A3 portable media player not phone and I listen to loseless audio only. I don't really know what the highest possible level is but i had to have higher volume then using IEMs but I had no distortion or any sound quality issues. I heard K550 with that player at the recent NYC meet and they definitely lacking bass, I also heard T70p and from the memory I definitely prefer D600 thanks to their details

Aug 2, 2012 at 1:00 AM Post #32 of 1,588
Quote:
Quote:

What was your vol level on your phone...50% or more?

I have Cowon A3 portable media player not phone and I listen to loseless audio only. I don't really know what the highest possible level is but i had to have higher volume then using IEMs but I had no distortion or any sound quality issues. I heard K550 with that player at the recent NYC meet and they definitely lacking bass, I also heard T70p and from the memory I definitely prefer D600 thanks to their details

Lucky you...enjoy...you must be gathering lot of attention on subway trains...how do beats fans react..do they stare at D600 ?

Aug 2, 2012 at 1:03 AM Post #33 of 1,588
I have to say, the D600 is a classy looking headphone. From the matte black headband and piano-key white gloss cups, all the way to the white stitching on the pads - it exudes more class than a lot of other headphones I've seen lately. 

They'll be my portable headphone too, if I cave in and get them. I've asked Crutchfield for a price match on the Amazon price that was listed until just a few hours ago... hopefully it works, these look (and apparently sound) great.

Aug 2, 2012 at 1:07 AM Post #34 of 1,588
Quote:
Lucky you...enjoy...you must be gathering lot of attention on subway trains...how do beats fans react..do they stare at D600 ?

I don't know and don't really care what people around me think as long I have sound quality I'm looking for. I decide to pull the trigger cause i knew I can easily return them if don't like them plus I was expecting the price to be $599

Aug 2, 2012 at 1:10 AM Post #35 of 1,588
I tried the short cable with the Fostex Hp-p1 and the Objective 2 and it seems to function fine with both of those. Unfortunately I can't say the same about the sound. I don't really like the O2 and the bass is just out of control with the D7100 and that cable. The Hp-p1 sounds great with the D5000 and I actually prefer it over my Peak with those headphones but with the D7100 the bass gets out of control and loses all definition although not nearly as bad as on the O2 where it just dominates. Straight off the iphone doesn't sound too great either. 

Hmm, just tried the longer cable on the Hp-p1 with an adapter and it doesn't have the same problem. From a fidelity perspective that short cable may be rather worthless.

Quote:
I bought my D600 for portable use and i tried them outside so subway trains was the only thing i heard. Be aware that since short cable has a remote it will work PROPERLY ONLY with APPLE CRAPWARE, i tried with my cowon and got weird sound with to low volume, the workaround to press and hold big middle button

Aug 2, 2012 at 1:20 AM Post #36 of 1,588
Quote:
I tried the short cable with the Fostex Hp-p1 and the Objective 2 and it seems to function fine with both of those. Unfortunately I can't say the same about the sound. I don't really like the O2 and the bass is just out of control with the D7100 and that cable. The Hp-p1 sounds great with the D5000 and I actually prefer it over my Peak with those headphones but with the D7100 the bass gets out of control and loses all definition although not nearly as bad as on the O2 where it just dominates. Straight off the iphone doesn't sound too great either. 

Hmm, just tried the longer cable on the Hp-p1 with an adapter and it doesn't have the same problem. From a fidelity perspective that short cable may be rather worthless.

As I said before press and hold the middle button on the remote

Aug 2, 2012 at 1:26 AM Post #37 of 1,588
From some of the comment that I read, I feel that these can are worth for their discount price. Isn't it?

Aug 2, 2012 at 1:44 AM Post #40 of 1,588
Yes I tried that it doesn't do anything. The cable is functioning fine it just doesn't sound very good. Plugged straight into my iphone which has the circuitry for that cable it sounds terrible too. Using the longer cable with an adapter sounds much better.

Quote:
As I said before press and hold the middle button on the remote

Aug 2, 2012 at 5:23 AM Post #42 of 1,588
sounds good.
Waiting for some impressions on the 600D.

kstaken can you comment on how much sound they do leak.
Since I'm searching for a headphone for my office workplace.

Aug 2, 2012 at 6:03 AM Post #43 of 1,588
Any more comments on comfort? (of the D600 in particular)  Does the headband distribute weight evenly?  Clamping force?  Do the cups sufficiently swivel?

Aug 2, 2012 at 6:08 AM Post #44 of 1,588
Quote:
[size=medium] A few more impressions.[/size]
[size=medium]  [/size]
[size=medium] I just did a quick back to back comparison between the HD800 and D7100 using the APO SACD of Grant Green Idle Moments. Amp is the Apex Peak and source is a Denon DCD-A100.[/size]
[size=medium]  [/size]
[size=medium] The results of this are shocking to me. The HD800 has a wider soundstage but other than that the D7100 sounds better to me in pretty much every way. The D7100 has a blacker background, more natural tonality and most significantly resolves substantially more detail. Not just arbitrary detail like finger scrapes or background noises in the studio but musically significant detail like subtle variations in phrasing and tempo that is so important with Jazz. The D7100 just sound more alive and more musical. In comparison the HD800 sound kind of bleached and dull. Given that I was expecting the D7100 to be more of a fun headphone, having it significantly out resolve the HD800 is a huge surprise.[/size]
[size=medium]  [/size]
[size=medium] Also as they've been playing the bass is definitely settling down. They still have more prominent bass than the HD800 but it doesn't bowl you over like it did on first play. [/size]

Aug 2, 2012 at 6:52 AM Post #45 of 1,588
Quote:
Unfortunately Amazon.com doesn't have those discounted price anymore.

I have the patient to wait. I believe it will hit the low price again.
But how much an audiophil would value it is my question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back