New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and impressions thread
Nov 14, 2013 at 1:23 PM Post #376 of 4,065
after a bit of conversation with peter regarding the new harmony series (the new flagship?), here are what i got:
1) sound signature
Signature is similar to HiFiman LE5 and somehow resembles Ear Sonics signature. Quite balanced sound with extreme resolution and somehow bright but not fatiguing.
2) crossover
3way. 4 bores.
3) estimate price
3000PLN (~€750) on pre-order (it's planned but not finial)
4) launch date
December2013 - January2014

i hope the above info will help any head-fier's who are interested

anyway i wanna know the main differences between P and S ver for the pro330 and which one you guys prefer.
and anyone having durability problem with the silicon ciem?
it'll be great if there is any reply regarding the above questions

Nov 15, 2013 at 5:21 AM Post #377 of 4,065
anyway i wanna know the main differences between P and S ver for the pro330 and which one you guys prefer.

and anyone having durability problem with the silicon ciem?

it'll be great if there is any reply regarding the above questions

There is an opinion that silicon CIEMs are more robust to breaks, they are more durable for damages. I can't tell you how it is with the durability of the drivers in the silicon shell (i will have my own pro210 within 2 weeks), but I guess there should be no major difference in comparison to acrylic CIEMs.

As regards P and S version, to my ears:

- S have a lot of hiss; P have just a slight amount of hiss;

- S have very fatiquing and harsh high; P have more smooth highs.

I were to choose I would take P version, but this is an issue of subjective preferences.

Nov 15, 2013 at 5:32 AM Post #378 of 4,065
thank you so much for your opinion
P does sound like a safer option (a more forgiving sound signature?)
what's ur comment on the pro210?
cause i haven't seen other people who posses pro210 yet
so your comment is very valuable for those potential buyers

Nov 15, 2013 at 6:29 AM Post #379 of 4,065
In my opinion P is safer option although I must admit that on our local, Polish form there are people who have S version and really enjoy them (and they are not musicians or sound engineers).

When I was listening to pro210 I was looking for a CIEM similar to Ety ER4 i.e. the one which will have flat, quick sound. To my ears, pro210 seems to fulfill these requirements. Peter told me that: (i) pro330 is Westone/Earsonics style monitoring CIEM and pro210 is Etymotic style monitoring CIEM, (ii) pro330 are like pro210 on steroids, (iii) pro210 are very analytical and is the most detailing portraying CIEMs among Peter's CIEMs.
Simply, I liked more pro210 (than pro330p).

I do suggest that you discuss in detail with Peter - simply describe him what you are looking for, tell him which IEMs/headphones you enhoy mostly and I believer that Peter will be able to advise you which his CIEMs will suit you the most. He has a lot of knowledge and most importantly patience to the customers' questions:D

Nov 15, 2013 at 10:26 AM Post #380 of 4,065
the description for 210 as detailing portraying CIEMs totally attract my attention
any lack of extension on the high? cause such problem with my previous dual driver i owned (5pro)
so i am wondering would the same applies to 210
and i totally agree about peter, he is knowledgeable and patience to the customers
i asked him a ton of questions and he is still willing to answer them one by one, simply awesome~~

Nov 15, 2013 at 1:56 PM Post #381 of 4,065
I can't remember exactly how the highs were in pro210, I think they were good, but I can't remember whether they just good or very good. I will know this once I stick my pro210 into my ears. Again, ask Peter about the highs in pro210:D

Nov 18, 2013 at 6:08 AM Post #382 of 4,065
When I was listening to pro210 I was looking for a CIEM similar to Ety ER4 i.e. the one which will have flat, quick sound. 

Hm. As much as I like the Etys, I don't hear them as being flat over the whole frequency range. I hear boosted highs and a low end that starts rolling off so early that even (male) voices are affected.

Nov 18, 2013 at 10:29 AM Post #383 of 4,065
  Hm. As much as I like the Etys, I don't hear them as being flat over the whole frequency range. I hear boosted highs and a low end that starts rolling off so early that even (male) voices are affected.

Your ears also don't work like normal peoples'... Etys disappear in your ears. (that's why I'm a little reluctant to send you the DS-11; it would be lost forever) What you need is a hollow CIEM shell of your ears, to show people that your second bend is where most people's round windows are...

Nov 18, 2013 at 11:39 AM Post #384 of 4,065
i want the Harmony!! :D Ordering Music Two first :p

Nov 20, 2013 at 12:40 AM Post #385 of 4,065
Your ears also don't work like normal peoples'... Etys disappear in your ears. (that's why I'm a little reluctant to send you the DS-11; it would be lost forever) What you need is a hollow CIEM shell of your ears, to show people that your second bend is where most people's round windows are...

I can get them pretty deep, yes. But then, shouldn't I hear more low end?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back