New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and impressions thread
Sep 8, 2014 at 11:35 AM Post #1,486 of 4,065
enjoying my music two now, arrived earlier than expected. great music, great fit, great look. initial impression was that it was less bright than the set that i demo-ed, which is a good thing because i was afraid of it being overly bright. bass presence was felt and not too overwhelming. mids were articulated with great details. in overall its very musical. 

can't wait for my next custom from peter!

Sep 8, 2014 at 3:08 PM Post #1,488 of 4,065
Simple Review of Music Two: 

(Being a very non pro-photography person, the photos might not turn out to be as wonderful as in real life)

Design:
'WOW'ed! Peter did manage to incorporate what i suggested to him for my design option beautifully. Under light effect, the transparency of the blue make me feel like jumping into a pool and swim right away. However, maybe due to the silicone & acrylic material, the finish wasn't exactly smooth at the faceplate region and it was very easy for the ciem to trap dust. But the comfort of the silicone is excellent.

Sound:
Presence of the bass can be felt, but it would fall short when compared with ciems having multiple bass drivers. Being a non-bassy person, I found the quantity of bass to be just right for me such that it wouldn't overpower the mids. As a result mid-vocals were more musical and clear without being masked by the overwhelming bass.

I can still remember when I first heard the demo set of music two, I was totally blown off by the intimateness of the female(high) vocals. For my music two, I felt that the highs were not as bright and forward, but high vocals were still engaging.

Summing up, the music two, despite only having a dual driver set up, is a very good-performing and good-valued custom monitor. Its fun sounding signature should be able to deliver well for most type of music.

Now I can't wait for my next ciem with Peter which is suppose to be a more reference type-monitor but with forward mids, I guess it should be able to complement my music two very well.

Thank you Peter for all your hard work and effort in this. :)

Sep 8, 2014 at 3:21 PM Post #1,489 of 4,065
Thanks for your review I really appreciate it.

Please note that cable on the picture is attached in wrong manner. You got the phase of left IEM reversed. Dots should be closer to top of the monitor that said left cable should have dot on the inside

As for not even surface, yes, it's quite hard to attach silicone with acrylic plate

Sep 8, 2014 at 7:27 PM Post #1,490 of 4,065
Thanks for your review I really appreciate it.

Please note that cable on the picture is attached in wrong manner. You got the phase of left IEM reversed. Dots should be closer to top of the monitor that said left cable should have dot on the inside

As for not even surface, yes, it's quite hard to attach silicone with acrylic plate

oops. didn't realise that i had re-attached the cable wrongly. thanks for clarifying.

Sep 9, 2014 at 3:06 AM Post #1,491 of 4,065
  Now I can't wait for my next ciem with Peter which is suppose to be a more reference type-monitor but with forward mids, I guess it should be able to complement my music two very well.

Maybe Music One? I ordered M1 for this mid-centre characteristics based on Piotrek's recommendation and on-line reviews, just cant wait to hear and look mine :).

Sep 10, 2014 at 4:17 AM Post #1,493 of 4,065
Piotr (Peter) is a very nice guy. He answered to my every single question. I am glad to make some business with him. I ordered a Music One to make a review in my own language. I am sure it is very good for its value. Looking forward to get it as soon as possible :)

Thanks Piotr!  

Sep 10, 2014 at 6:57 AM Post #1,494 of 4,065

Maybe Music One? I ordered M1 for this mid-centre characteristics based on Piotrek's recommendation and on-line reviews, just cant wait to hear and look mine :).

guess i am too greedy such that the music one wouldn't satisfy me.

Nice SOA design, gradient looks much better in real life!

thanks for your assistance and service over this period as well. 

Sep 10, 2014 at 7:31 AM Post #1,495 of 4,065
After the Music One, the pro330v2, voilà the Harmony 8 pro ! Piotr is without a doubt the best manufacturer ever : best discussions, best answers, best comprehension and best handmade, it's just amazing to have the chance to have that guy among us ! Many thanks for all Mr Granicki, your job is great !

And now listening session :)

Sep 10, 2014 at 7:38 AM Post #1,496 of 4,065
  After the Music One, the pro330v2, voilà the Harmony 8 pro ! Piotr is without a doubt the best manufacturer ever : best discussions, best answers, best comprehension and best handmade, it's just amazing to have the chance to have that guy among us ! Many thanks for all Mr Granicki, your job is great !

And now listening session :)

Thank you and guys! I really appreciate your good words :)

@Rollk2 let us know what you think about you H8P :)

Sep 10, 2014 at 7:56 AM Post #1,497 of 4,065
It is really nice to see all these happy people here. I got the best ever service of my life from Peter and unsurprisingly he just improves his quality. This guy is some kind of diamond or jewel of the audiophile world.

I wish I could afford H8 now
frown.gif

Sep 10, 2014 at 8:17 AM Post #1,498 of 4,065
  It is really nice to see all these happy people here. I got the best ever service of my life from Peter and unsurprisingly he just improves his quality. This guy is some kind of diamond or jewel of the audiophile world.

I wish I could afford H8 now
frown.gif

In future, you will be able to afford it, no worries at all :) 

As you say, customer service is really great and very fast. I wish all companies around could do the same.. 

Sep 12, 2014 at 7:41 AM Post #1,500 of 4,065
Some pics of the Music One and its packaging, certainly the best mono-transducer I ever tried

Review in French on tellementnomade.org soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back