New Cowon V
Mar 2, 2018 at 3:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 95

tiddlywinks

Headphoneus Supremus
v_o_main.jpg

High Definition Sound
The best sound in the style of the YT
PLENUE V

24bit/192kHz CS43131 the latest high definition sound quality I DAC I 126dB SNR, THD seconds + 0.0004% I N Premium Sound BBE & JetEffect Filter I 5 + DAC
FLAC/WAV/AIFF/MP3/WMA/OGG/APE/ALAC I I high strength Metal Body wide touchscreen display I play music with sophisticated stealth design
41 times I 64GB memory I micro S I D card slot stylish LED logo button I matrix browser

sbc.png

Mar 2, 2018 at 3:35 AM Post #2 of 95
v_o_earphone_0.jpg
icon_41hrs.png

41 hours
non-stop music playing along with the music

Low-power audio DAC with minimal battery consumption, combined with the high-performance battery with
charging only one V PLENUE MP3 41 hours, HiFi can do with music 27 hours.
Without having to worry about charging for longer periods of time outside of music.

Mar 2, 2018 at 2:09 PM Post #4 of 95
Mar 7, 2018 at 3:42 PM Post #6 of 95
Mar 8, 2018 at 2:19 AM Post #7 of 95
another cowon, they are on fire

how much would this alien dap cost

In the Cowon Shop they are listed for 369000 won which on xe converts to $344 US dollars

Mar 8, 2018 at 5:11 AM Post #8 of 95
At that price point it sounds as if it may be a replacement for the Plenue D. If it doesn't sound better than the D then it could be a backwards step considering the battery life of the V compared to the D.

If it is a replacement for the D, thank God they didn't call it the VD :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2018 at 6:52 AM Post #10 of 95
Will there be a limit on the SD Card size? And any UI improvements over the D? Will be interested to see, does look like a straight upgrade (or jagged V upgrade) to the D.

*EDIT* - Just looked http://plenue.cowon.com/product/PLENUEV/product_page_1.php - 128gb sd card mentioned, so probably the same as the D in that, it'll allow bigger cards but you can't use the full space. Also UI looks identical.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2018 at 5:49 PM Post #13 of 95
128GB limit and only one slot?

Obsolete at launch.

Possibly. It all depends on how it sounds. I'm not keen on its looks though. I thought 'Plectrum' and 'wedge' when I saw it.

Diana, the villain in the sci-fi series 'V'. I knew I was onto something with the V Alien comment. I mean that colour scheme is uncanny!

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2018 at 5:05 PM Post #14 of 95
That does happen a lot with Cowon, they tend to release multiple DAPs with almost identical specs, and mostly cosmetic changes.

Yes, I remarked on this, recently:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/new-model-cowon-plenue-j.864025/page-4#post-14084910

...and I'm not at all impressed with this 'V' DAP. Instead of wasting their time on the frivolous 'V' DAP, which is clearly a pretentious rehash of the Plenue D/J, Cowon would do better to develop the D and J to a better standard, which we all know they are capable of doing. They've been in the DAP industry longer than most companies, and they have no excuse for releasing DAPs with things like excessive lag-time and irritating firmware shortcomings.

The Plenue D and J are not far away from being decent DAPs, but it seems Cowon just couldn't/can't be arsed to go the final furlong in developing them to a truly satisfying customer experience. When the D is criticised by so many people for having excessive lag-time, I don't understand how Cowon can have the gall to release the 'V', as though nothing is wrong with their product range, and their customers should just keep buying more of their products.

Mar 12, 2018 at 7:41 PM Post #15 of 95
They've done this for the longest times.
It was already like this 15-20 years ago when they were leading the non-Apple DAP market.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back