NEW CORDA HEADFIVE: A New Amp to Celebrate Head-Fi's Fifth Anniversary!
Mar 31, 2006 at 1:55 AM Post #31 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by solbergg
#001 locked in, rock on!

I can't believe I let that one slide past me.
icon10.gif
Congratulations! I'll have to find another number that goes well with HF-1 #1.

Mar 31, 2006 at 2:03 AM Post #32 of 805
reserved! yey....
question: will it retain the silver color or will it be black when it goes into production?
(i like black better btw).
also
"It has a built-in regulated power-supply with toroidal transformer and Nichicon capacitors, all bypassed with film-capacitors. It uses four LM6171 opamps and two BUF634 output buffers to provide adequate output currents. Volume is controlled by an ALPS potentiometer. All capacitors in the signal path are polypropylen or polystyrol (!)."
Could someone explain what this means for us non DIYers?

Mar 31, 2006 at 4:35 AM Post #36 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by jude
I can't believe I let that one slide past me.
icon10.gif
Congratulations! I'll have to find another number that goes well with HF-1 #1.

Sorry, Jude, but I have a solution! Purchase headfive amp #476, and trade your 001 HF-1's with my #476 HF-1s, and we both have a matching set
biggrin.gif

Mar 31, 2006 at 5:02 AM Post #37 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by solbergg
Sorry, Jude, but I have a solution! Purchase headfive amp #476, and trade your 001 HF-1's with my #476 HF-1s, and we both have a matching set
biggrin.gif

LOL. Good one--a proposal to think about.
wink.gif

Seriously, though, I'm glad to see someone happy about getting the first one off the line.

I'll be happy with whatever number I get. More than anything, as with the HF-1, this is just a really exciting project to see. Jan Meier, who has done so much for this site and community (auctions, giveaways, designs for public use, Founding Sponsorship, etc., in addition to serving the community through his Meier Audio products), does it again.

Thanks, Jan. Of course, please put me on the list for one (any number'll do).

Mar 31, 2006 at 6:44 AM Post #39 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by Qsilver2001
Jude, meantime mail Jan ....
Gimme the last piece #500!
tongue.gif

Joking

that one will be worth the most, i think.... I wonder if i should ask for a specific number... which one?

Mar 31, 2006 at 7:58 AM Post #40 of 805
Will the credit card we used be charged immediately if we pay now? Or when the amplifier ships? I have one reserved and I have the money right now but I was hoping I would be able to spend it on something right now, and pay for the amp come June or July when it ships out.

Mar 31, 2006 at 9:11 AM Post #41 of 805
AFAIK there is no other option to pay with credit card other than via paypal and that will obviously be charged immediately. You should also note that this will incur a 4% paypal charge for Jan so fair play would be to add that in the cost ..

Just my 2c.

Mar 31, 2006 at 9:56 AM Post #43 of 805
Well I assume you got the same email as I did which has two different paypal account on it - one for non-cc payments and the other for cc based paypal transfers for which they charge the 4% fee. But I might be wrong of course
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 31, 2006 at 9:57 AM Post #44 of 805
There is 2 paypal payment methods.
Paypal with balance fund or Paypal with CC.
Think the 2nd method paypal by CC, paypal will charge Jan.
Even through CC itself, visa or MC will charge vendor % IIRC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back