NEW Chord Electronics Poly & Hugo 2 preorders available now!
Jul 17, 2017 at 7:48 AM Post #46 of 51
Feel kind of odd posting positively here.

Tried the Hugo 2 today with the westone w80 and isine20

Personally I was very impressed by its ability to render detail and still be incredibly musical.

I do not have the kind of money required to take one home, but I was truly impressed. Kind of reminded me of the musicality of the mojo, detail of the Hugo and sound stage of the idsd.

Aug 28, 2017 at 3:33 PM Post #47 of 51
The battery needs to be recharged too, doesn't it? Now, when it is joined with the Mojo, they both get recharged together with one cable, but if you have a separate portable DAC you would need to recharge them separately, with two different rechargers.Truth of the matter is, the Poly has been designed exclusively for the Mojo, and rightly so, and they do make a wonderful "couple", if only they could be somewhat less pricey..
Yes I think we went wrong initially stating it was an add on module to Mojo but it's far more than that would imply. Think about it where can you buy a top performance streamer an unlimited player server and renderer that throws all information and control via any player app up to your phone and its fast in fact it's bloody fast believe me for the tech and software that has been ploughed into this project it's an absolute bargain

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2017 at 5:08 PM Post #48 of 51
Yes I think we went wrong initially stating it was an add on module to Mojo but it's far more than that would imply. Think about it where can you buy a top performance streamer an unlimited player server and renderer that throws all information and control via any player app up to your phone and its fast in fact it's bloody fast believe me for the tech and software that has been ploughed into this project it's an absolute bargain
It's certainly a great tech combo, still at $1.3 grand a pop (case included) it somewhat stretches the definition of "absolute bargain", imo.

Aug 28, 2017 at 6:38 PM Post #49 of 51
Only slightly, lol.. there's some to the moon full blown Sony DAPs at that price. Everyone has different needs though, I suppose.

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2017 at 7:25 PM Post #50 of 51
Only slightly, lol.. there's some to the moon full blown Sony DAPs at that price. Everyone has different needs though, I suppose.
...and different pockets :wink:

Aug 28, 2017 at 11:13 PM Post #51 of 51
Very true, I look forward to impressions of this device.

Also nice BL in your signature, that's a really nice piece of kit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back