New Cavalli Audio Liquid Glass Amplifier - Fall Release
Oct 25, 2012 at 3:19 PM Post #196 of 789
I'm out alright - but one's gotta have some cans just in case, no? You buy a LG and a LCD-3, you put them in the rack, you forget about it. Then later on when you need it, it's there. It lasts forever. It's non perishable.

Quote:
I thought you were out of the headphone game?

Oct 25, 2012 at 5:05 PM Post #200 of 789
I promise I will update when I get some time, I have been swamped by my real job since getting back from RMAF and have had no time to troubleshoot the mishap. I know Alex is in process himself, but he too has been swamped with the latest production runs.

As for the LG , great news Nick !

..dB

Oct 25, 2012 at 9:29 PM Post #201 of 789
Quote:
Well, since the LG is all about the tubes, assuming the amp framework doesn't outright suck, everything else would have to do with the tubes used, so I'll take a pass on this one. But hey, feel free yourself 
biggrin.gif

I'm still not sure which cans to get. At this point, it's most likely a toss-up between LCD-3 and HD 800. I really wish there were something that combines the strengths of both, like, say, a LCD-800 or a HD 3

Welcome back Nick!

You know where my vote goes between the LCD-3 and HD800. 
wink.gif
 BTW, its with heavy heart that I shipped my Liquid Fire to its new owner (SoundFreaq). This is the first time in a very long time that I've been "tubeless".

Ah well...at least my SR009/SRM727II arrives tomorrow.

Oct 25, 2012 at 10:25 PM Post #203 of 789
I decided to spring for the LCD-3 for the time being. Peter, you'll be in for a treat tomorrow, let us know how it goes.

My end game rig would still be based around the 009, if I could only find the time to listen.

I'm fighting a bad case of ear worm; had A Horse With No Name looping in my mind for most of the day.

Oct 25, 2012 at 10:29 PM Post #204 of 789
Quote:
I decided to spring for the LCD-3 for the time being. Peter, you'll be in for a treat tomorrow, let us know how it goes.
My end game rig would still be based around the 009, if I could only find the time to listen.
I'm fighting a bad case of ear worm; had A Horse With No Name looping in my mind for most of the day.

You made the right choice with the LCD-3s. 
smile.gif

LoL, nothing wrong with Neil Young. 

Oct 25, 2012 at 10:38 PM Post #205 of 789
So.....

Here's a list of tubes I've picked up in this most recent binge:

Phillips Miniwatt PCC88 
Amperex Bugleboy 6DJ8
Siemens E288CC
Sylvania 12AU7A
RCA 12AU7 (cleartop)
RFT ECC82
Siemens ECC82