New Beyer DT1350
Apr 14, 2013 at 2:38 AM Post #3,213 of 4,010
I have mine for sale if anyone is interested: http://www.head-fi.org/t/658124/fs-beyerdynamic-dt1350

I'm a little confused why I haven't gotten any PMs in response to my ad yet during the 7+ days that it's been up, well from anyone in the USA anyway (I had a few international folks ask about it anyway). Is my price too high or is there something I don't know about? I thought usually used DT1350s have gone for about ~$200 or so. This is the first time in a while that I haven't gotten a PM about an ad within a week of listing, sorta wondering why.

Apr 14, 2013 at 9:10 AM Post #3,214 of 4,010
Quote:
I have mine for sale if anyone is interested: http://www.head-fi.org/t/658124/fs-beyerdynamic-dt1350

I'm a little confused why I haven't gotten any PMs in response to my ad yet during the 7+ days that it's been up, well from anyone in the USA anyway (I had a few international folks ask about it anyway). Is my price too high or is there something I don't know about? I thought usually used DT1350s have gone for about ~$200 or so. This is the first time in a while that I haven't gotten a PM about an ad within a week of listing, sorta wondering why.

I think your price is very reasonable, especially given the free shipping and included PayPal fees, not to mention how new it is.  Unfortunately, I have no justification for putting my money where my mouth is, as I already have the DT1350.  
smile.gif

I think you're just up against the fact that the DT1350 is relatively unknown. This will translate to a longer wait, but unless you're feeling generous or impatient, I would hold at this price for a long while.   Easy for me to say, I realize, but that's a great price for a great headphone.

I've got a friend at work who loves mine - I'll "spread the word."

Mike

Edit:  I just bumped your FS - with my honest opinion...

Apr 14, 2013 at 11:12 AM Post #3,215 of 4,010
Only if the "Beats Crew" just knew how much good bass these put out...unmatched for portable cans.
Quote:

I think your price is very reasonable, especially given the free shipping and included PayPal fees, not to mention how new it is.  Unfortunately, I have no justification for putting my money where my mouth is, as I already have the DT1350.  
smile.gif

I think you're just up against the fact that the DT1350 is relatively unknown. This will translate to a longer wait, but unless you're feeling generous or impatient, I would hold at this price for a long while.   Easy for me to say, I realize, but that's a great price for a great headphone.

I've got a friend at work who loves mine - I'll "spread the word."

Mike

Edit:  I just bumped your FS - with my honest opinion...

Apr 14, 2013 at 9:07 PM Post #3,216 of 4,010
Quote:
Only if the "Beats Crew" just knew how much good bass these put out...unmatched for portable cans.

The "Beats Crew" doesn't even deserve to lay their eyes on the DT 1350s lol. Besides, even if they try one I don't think they would appreciate the clean, neutral-ish sound of DT 1350, they may even say it lacks bass because the bass they look for is that dirty mid bass slam that's clouding the whole spectrum. They don't / won't understand how powerful the bass in the DT 1350 I bet!
beyersmile.png

Apr 18, 2013 at 8:07 PM Post #3,217 of 4,010
Quote:

ASR, I've recently noticed a few posts in the Deals II thread for new DT1350's, so I think you have bad timing.  I see that you dropped your asking price, but new ones are not going for much more than your asking price.  I already have a pair that I picked up third-hand here, otherwise I'd be interested.  

If you don't mind my asking, is there one ideal amp that you'd recommend for both these and the ATH-AD2000?  I know you're a fan (to put it lightly -- I've enjoyed your dedicated threads) of the latter and that you particularly like the Gilmore Lite with it.  How would that be for the DT1350, too?  There's a Gilmore with DPS in the Amps For Sale for $425.  Is that a good deal?  Perhaps I should look into what goes into building a Dynalo...

Are there any portable amps/DACs you'd recommend that would work well with both headphones?  

Apr 18, 2013 at 10:59 PM Post #3,218 of 4,010
My DTs are getting sent back very soon for replacement of headbands, pads, etc. These things go fast when you wear these a lot in my opinion. Too fast. Will be trying those HD25 pads for sure. Still loving the sound a lot though.

24 dollars for ear pads. My god.

Apr 19, 2013 at 2:55 AM Post #3,219 of 4,010
Quote:
My DTs are getting sent back very soon for replacement of headbands, pads, etc. These things go fast when you wear these a lot in my opinion. Too fast. Will be trying those HD25 pads for sure. Still loving the sound a lot though.

24 dollars for ear pads. My god.

Since the cushions om the headband fell off mine I just use them without. I got replacement cushions for the headband from Beyerdynamic but I never mounted them. I have seen the earpads worn out by heavy users too but my own are still on good shape.

Apr 20, 2013 at 10:57 AM Post #3,220 of 4,010
Yeah, I am now in the market for some big headphones but I have no idea when the HD800 and T1s are going to be replaced. Both seem like they are due in a year or two.

I will be sending these in and tbh asking for an almost full replacement besides the speakers. These things break down, as do many like this, for heavy users and become extremely uncomfortable when the earpads go. I ordered HD25 velours in the meantime and probably will be sticking with those. Can't complain too much though. For 300 hundred the sound on these is still pretty damn sweet.

Apr 22, 2013 at 8:59 PM Post #3,222 of 4,010
I still love the clarity and details of this headphone. Having an itch to upgrade, Anyone know what would be the full size equivalent? It certainly isn't the HD650 which I recently bought.

Apr 22, 2013 at 10:54 PM Post #3,223 of 4,010
I used to own the DT1350. The Shure SRH940 has more clarity and detail YMMV

Users who are viewing this thread

Back