New Beyer DT1350
May 23, 2011 at 3:37 AM Post #331 of 4,010
I'm thinking of getting an Arrow 4G but not sure if it's a good idea. Anyone have any experience with matching up a 1350 to an Arrow 4G

May 23, 2011 at 12:40 PM Post #334 of 4,010

May 23, 2011 at 8:56 PM Post #336 of 4,010
May 24, 2011 at 2:40 AM Post #337 of 4,010

Quote:
Nice pics rasmushorn! How about some impressions? 
wink_face.gif

How does the DT 1350 respond to your amps btw? Is there one that has some magical synergy with the Beyers?

With the iQube they sound VERY detailed and with the P-51 they become a bit darker and that suits them very well. But it is still too early to say more. I am still below 25 hours and the DT-1350 haven't opened up to me and let me enter the music yet. I expect that they need at least 100 hours on them before they are ready....

May 24, 2011 at 3:40 AM Post #338 of 4,010
I was thinking of getting the P-51 Mustang myself. I'm planning to use it with the DT1350 (which are on the way
smile.gif
), but more importantly, I'm planning to use them for all my future portable headphones. So this is going to be a long-term investment for me. Having that in mind, I'm not sure if the P-51 Mustang is the perfect amp for me. I'd rather have something with the sonic qualities of the SR71A (from what I've read), but since that one doesn't have an internal rechargeable battery, it's kind of a turn-off...

Any recommendations that would work well with the DT1350 (among other phones)? It needs to be portable and have rechargeable battery inside?

May 24, 2011 at 10:08 AM Post #339 of 4,010
I think these are going to be my consolation prize depending on how some upcoming auctions go...

Errr....Self control....Self control....

May 24, 2011 at 11:03 AM Post #340 of 4,010
I picked these up a little while ago after some very helpful people on here pointed me towards them (first the T5P but they didn't fit my head so I returned them and got these).  I've been listening to them a lot and haven't noticed much change in the sound signature for a while now so I think they're pretty well burned in.

I really love the detail in the sound, and while I'm not blown away by the sound stage the separation of the instruments is excellent and much more important to me.  From other impressions I thought that they wouldn't do as well with rock and metal as they do.  Bands like Godsmack and Deftones sound amazing, even from an iphone, electronic music - especially stuff with strong bass, like Infected Mushroom - sounds better than I've heard it before, and anything with a focus on guitar, like Rodriguo y Gabriela and Jurojin, is so incredibly clean and detailed, but without losing any of the power.  Jurojin especially, with the tabla, sounds like it was made to be paired with these headphones.  My old punk collection doesn't work as well with them and sounds much flatter, which is unfortunate. 

Having said all of this, I find that they REALLY require a quality source; the better the production and the better the source the better they sound.  With other headphones I have, running them from my computer through a stereo amp was enough to really improve the sound, but with these the feed from the computer is too poor quality and is unfortunately very noticable.  So I am now looking to get a headphone amp to run these.  The FiiO E7 is affordable and can be run from USB, so I think that's going to be my first step so I can get around the onboard soundcard (I usually only play some PC only games from my computer this way, everything else is done on my main stereo so I've never invested in a good soundcard).  But I would love to hear impressions that other people have on how these work with different amps, as I'm only getting the E7 as an introductory one to address problems I have in my setup.  I intend to get a better portable amp in the future.

May 24, 2011 at 12:28 PM Post #342 of 4,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythmdevils /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The T50p is just an empty plastic chamber with no damping? 
blink.gif
  Wow....

If the DT1350 can be driven so easily by an ipod, I don't think yall need to worry too much about which portable amp you get. 

The DT770/600 I had was like that too.  Just bare plastic on the back of the cup.  I didn't bother to mod them because I didn't like them that much to begin with and wanted to keep the resale value up.  The DT990/600 at least had some thick felt around the vent opening...

Quote:
Having said all of this, I find that they REALLY require a quality source; the better the production and the better the source the better they sound.  With other headphones I have, running them from my computer through a stereo amp was enough to really improve the sound, but with these the feed from the computer is too poor quality and is unfortunately very noticable.  So I am now looking to get a headphone amp to run these.  The FiiO E7 is affordable and can be run from USB, so I think that's going to be my first step so I can get around the onboard soundcard (I usually only play some PC only games from my computer this way, everything else is done on my main stereo so I've never invested in a good soundcard).  But I would love to hear impressions that other people have on how these work with different amps, as I'm only getting the E7 as an introductory one to address problems I have in my setup.  I intend to get a better portable amp in the future.

Also, from the specs, you shouldn't really need an amp for them unless you're stuck in the Euro zone like Kees where DAPs are restricted to very low output power.  If your PC's sound card isn't up to snuff then the E7 should be a good upgrade.

May 24, 2011 at 12:52 PM Post #343 of 4,010
I have mine for a week now and am quite impressed. Very even handed presentation, very present mids, deep bass and smooth highs.
However, fit is important. I need to angle the headband apart and then press the forward part of the headband down forward as much as possible for the phone to seal properly (the headband will then tighten fast around the head) - like described earlier by others. The DT1350 will then deliver a warmer, more pleasant sound to my ears - with proper bass response.

May 24, 2011 at 12:53 PM Post #344 of 4,010

Quote:

The DT770/600 I had was like that too.  Just bare plastic on the back of the cup.  I didn't bother to mod them because I didn't like them that much to begin with and wanted to keep the resale value up.  The DT990/600 at least had some thick felt around the vent opening...

DT880Pro as well, though there was felt on the baffle over the driver face as well as the screen on the earpads and a screen on the back of the driver.
Cups had no damping.  I'd say Beyer uses some pretty good materials, but closed-backs generally need some kind of dampening in there.

May 24, 2011 at 1:00 PM Post #345 of 4,010

Quote:
With the iQube they sound VERY detailed and with the P-51 they become a bit darker and that suits them very well. But it is still too early to say more. I am still below 25 hours and the DT-1350 haven't opened up to me and let me enter the music yet. I expect that they need at least 100 hours on them before they are ready....

Thanks for your input, rasmushorn! The P-51 is without a doubt a great amp, but I want something smaller. Has anybody heard the DT 1350 with a Pico Slim for instance?  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back