NEW Audio Technica Multiple BA IEM: ATH LS50,70,200,300,400
Feb 18, 2017 at 6:44 AM Post #166 of 405
I got a custom balanced 2.5 mm cable and the fact is that it fits ATH-E50 and does not really fit the LS200.
All three connectors are A2DC and all of them are different.
wink.gif
 So will keep this cable for the E50.

From left to right: Custom cable, ATH-E50, ATH-LS200

P.S. I could finally connect the LS200 to the custom cable. That was very easy. Just unscrewed the connector and made it longer as the original one. And now I hear that "click" meaning firm connected)

Sound wise I like the signature of the LS200- very balanced sound without any fatigue for a long listening.
Do not hear any bass bleeding into the mids. It is well controlled. Do not find the highs rolled off, to me they are very well extended. Good matching with Pioneer XDP-300R. Good upgrade for the E50.

Feb 20, 2017 at 6:52 AM Post #169 of 405
ATH-LS 400 vs CKR-100 ?

Ckr100 should be compared with the LS300/IM03 (also because they're 3ba) because the LS400 should have a warmer sound signature (if it follows the IM04). The ckr100 should be much brighter so depends on what sound signature you prefer and what you listen to.
I would go for the LS400 (LS300 and 200 as well) over ckr100. Unless you want the brighter sound, ckr-100 should be for you.

Do correct me if I'm wrong though since I've only owned the im01 and im03.

I stand corrected! Confused the CKR100 for the CK100.

Feb 20, 2017 at 7:16 AM Post #170 of 405
Ckr-100 should be compared with the LS300/IM03 (also because they're 3ba) because the LS400 should have a warmer sound signature (if it follows the IM04). The ckr-100 should be much brighter so depends on what sound signature you prefer and what you listen to.
I would go for the LS400 (LS300 and 200 as well) over ckr-100. Unless you want the brighter sound, ckr-100 should be for you.

Do correct me if I'm wrong though since I've only owned the im01 and im03.

Ideally should be compared to the CKR10, LS50 and LS70, given that they are all dual dynamic driver earphones. But nothing prevents you from comparing it to anything really
biggrin.gif

Feb 20, 2017 at 10:14 AM Post #171 of 405

Ideally should be compared to the CKR10, LS50 and LS70, given that they are all dual dynamic driver earphones. But nothing prevents you from comparing it to anything really
biggrin.gif

My bad! Confused CKR100 with CK100! 
confused_face.gif
  Thanks for mentioning that.

So I'm guessing like the LS series is an update to the IM series, CKR100/90/70 are updated CKR10/9/7 with removable cables? Didn't notice those before.

Feb 21, 2017 at 12:17 AM Post #172 of 405
How does the LS70 compare to the IM70, E40 and 1More Triple Drive? I need to replace my IM70 cable but am also considering getting another IEM. I would prefer something W-shaped like IM70 with midforwardness but also good bass and treble extension.

Feb 21, 2017 at 10:51 AM Post #173 of 405
  How does the LS70 compare to the IM70, E40 and 1More Triple Drive? I need to replace my IM70 cable but am also considering getting another IEM. I would prefer something W-shaped like IM70 with midforwardness but also good bass and treble extension.

I would pick the LS50 over IM70, haven't managed to get my hands on the LS70 yet but should definitely be better than the LS50 and IM70.

The E40 is a much brighter iem, and I didn't like it that much when I compared to the LS50. If you're looking for something similar to the IM70, LS70 would be perfect. I have not tried the 1More yet so can't say. You should check out the Marshall Mode, sounds excellent but it feels like it wouldn't last even an year.

Feb 22, 2017 at 7:31 PM Post #175 of 405
http://www.audio-technica.com/cms/news/6b16052b6fb05d91/index.html

Of course  AT thinks we in NA won't be as interested w/o mic/remotes so we get iS versions. At least they are bringing the 70 this time after not bringing the IM70 over. Street price and maybe some discount promos(like on the E40) will make trying the LS70 more interesting :)

Feb 23, 2017 at 12:22 AM Post #176 of 405
  Would love to hear more about the ath-ls200. I always wanted to try the im02 =(

Well, to me they are very well balanced and close to neutral sounding IEM. 

The soundstage is pretty wide (especially with a balanced termination) but it is not as deep as some other multidriver IEMs. 
Bass is very tight and fast but does not go very deep into sub bass area. They deliver more bass quantity wise than Etymotic ER4SR but they are not for bassheads for sure.
Mids are very well done. Highs are not rolled off and very well extended but also not shiny like on some other multidrivers. As I'm saying they are balanced overall through the spectrum.
They never harsh or sibilant. Easy to listen to for many hours. 

Feb 24, 2017 at 3:01 PM Post #177 of 405
I have tried the one more triple driver I say it's not what I'm looking for in term for upgrading from my Im50, it's more neutral and doesn't have the intimate mids that I'm loving from Audio Technica's house sound.
Also, the shape is just no go, after I use the Im50's over the ear cable design I just can't go any other way for daily use IEM.

Feb 25, 2017 at 11:31 AM Post #179 of 405
I have tried the one more triple driver I say it's not what I'm looking for in term for upgrading from my Im50, it's more neutral and doesn't have the intimate mids that I'm loving from Audio Technica's house sound.
Also, the shape is just no go, after I use the Im50's over the ear cable design I just can't go any other way for daily use IEM.

The LS50/70 are definitely a worthy upgrade!

Been doing a lot of research towards which pair of solid IEMs should be my first, and the LS70 seems to stand out to me. Worth it to import a pair or is there something comparable I could get now? 

Definitely worth it. But to recommend or compare anything else, without knowing what your preferences are, and also your setup/budget. The IM70 is a very rounder IMO.
Since it's going to be your first IEM, do you currently have any headphones or anything you like the sound of?

Feb 25, 2017 at 2:50 PM Post #180 of 405

The LS50/70 are definitely a worthy upgrade!

Definitely worth it. But to recommend or compare anything else, without knowing what your preferences are, and also your setup/budget. The IM70 is a very rounder IMO.
Since it's going to be your first IEM, do you currently have any headphones or anything you like the sound of?

Currently just getting into the higher end headphone game, bought a pair of Beyerdynamic DT770 80 ohm, which I like the sound of. Wouldn't mind trying out a different sound sig. though. They're being driven by a schiit fulla 2, but I'd be using the IEMs through my Nexus 6P.

I've been looking into a lot of different models, but what I want most I think is a detachable/replaceable cable. That mostly leads back to the Shure se215's which people either really love or say they aren't worth it anymore. My price range is anywhere from $100-200 in Canadian Dollars. Priced out the LS70 from a site in Singapore I believe and it came out to around $140 CAD. Any other models I should take a look at in your opinion?

Sorry for the triple post, just figured out how to quote you. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back