New Audeze "Prototype-Z"!
Jan 26, 2015 at 5:41 PM Post #391 of 455
Just to be clear, I think those who find Audeze phones heavy for regular use just have extraordinarily weak necks or something. It's not light, but it's definitely not heavy enough to make it uncomfortable. As a matter of fact, I find it very comfortable. The cups are very comfortable and snug to your ears and around it.

+1 Once had my LCD3 on for 8 hours straight (Was watching movies, then switched to playing online games). Got up and drove out to have dinner with my girlfriend. Was feeling fine.

Jan 27, 2015 at 5:03 AM Post #392 of 455
The past 3-4 pages are just about the weight. However, I've seen some pretty funny posts here :))

I personally did not have any problem with Audeze. They are not the most comfortable headphones I have tried, that is for sure. ( I think HD800 are in the top and a few steps lower, HE-560). 

These being said, I've listened with LCD-3 and LCD-X for hours. I had a period of 8-9 months of working from home. I used them almost daily for more than 4-5 hours straight with no problem. 

The difference between Audeze and HD800 is that with Audeze I never forgot I had them on, but with HD800 I left my chair with them on my head, almost dragging my old Burson off the table :)) .

Jan 27, 2015 at 6:50 PM Post #393 of 455
IMHO what matters more is not the weight but the design of headband. I can wear abyss for hours without any problem. But I feel the top of my head suffered when it comes to lcd3s in a few minutes. SR-009s are about 450g without cables. But it is just another level of wearing experience compared with lcd3s and he6s.

Jan 27, 2015 at 9:10 PM Post #394 of 455
Audeze needs to start leaking more info to keep y'all focused on the Z, geez! Weight, weight, weight... Just buy an EL-8 and put your money where your mouth is!
Ayayayayayayay...

Jan 27, 2015 at 10:28 PM Post #395 of 455
  The past 3-4 pages are just about the weight. However, I've seen some pretty funny posts here :))

I personally did not have any problem with Audeze. They are not the most comfortable headphones I have tried, that is for sure. ( I think HD800 are in the top and a few steps lower, HE-560). 

These being said, I've listened with LCD-3 and LCD-X for hours. I had a period of 8-9 months of working from home. I used them almost daily for more than 4-5 hours straight with no problem. 

The difference between Audeze and HD800 is that with Audeze I never forgot I had them on, but with HD800 I left my chair with them on my head, almost dragging my old Burson off the table :)) .

+1 Almost happened to me with my HD800. Lucky the cable was long. Or else my Beta22 would have been suffering some serious dents.

Jan 28, 2015 at 11:15 AM Post #396 of 455
As far as Audezes weight, my issuer isn't my neck it's the pressure I feel on the top of my head from the band. I wouldn't think to much about it if it wasn't for how great my Denon AH-D7100s feel.

I agree with this.  

For me the weight of my LCD-3 is not an issue.  I don't feel it at all.  The issue is that the headband has a "hotspot" on top of my head where all the weight is concentrated that becomes very noticeable/uncomfortable about about 30-60 minutes.  I have tried to bend the headband to mold better to my head and evenly distribute the pressure but so far only minor success.  I move the headphone around a bit to mitigate the issue but for me it is still the major weak point of the headphone.

Jan 30, 2015 at 6:36 PM Post #397 of 455

I agree with this.  

For me the weight of my LCD-3 is not an issue.  I don't feel it at all.  The issue is that the headband has a "hotspot" on top of my head where all the weight is concentrated that becomes very noticeable/uncomfortable about about 30-60 minutes.  I have tried to bend the headband to mold better to my head and evenly distribute the pressure but so far only minor success.  I move the headphone around a bit to mitigate the issue but for me it is still the major weak point of the headphone.

people LAUGH, but THIS is why I LOVE the vegan headband (thats what we call it as a joke) I think its called the non-leather/suede band on their site!

Better cushioning, and far less clamping force (though that never bothered me, I noticed a huge difference w/ the vegan band) and, it also help with that hotspot thing you're talkin about..
used to happen w/ me too

Almost have ALL of my LCDs in the vegan band, got 2 more to go!!!!

Jan 30, 2015 at 10:46 PM Post #398 of 455
  people LAUGH, but THIS is why I LOVE the vegan headband (thats what we call it as a joke) I think its called the non-leather/suede band on their site!

Better cushioning, and far less clamping force (though that never bothered me, I noticed a huge difference w/ the vegan band) and, it also help with that hotspot thing you're talkin about..
used to happen w/ me too

Almost have ALL of my LCDs in the vegan band, got 2 more to go!!!!

I simply refuse to buy anything labelled "vegan". For me growing up, we considered chicken a vegetable. 
tongue.gif

There's plenty of room for "god's creatures...right next to the mashed potatoes".

Jan 31, 2015 at 2:41 AM Post #400 of 455
   I simply refuse to buy anything labelled "vegan". For me growing up, we considered chicken a vegetable. 
tongue.gif

There's plenty of room for "god's creatures...right next to the mashed potatoes".

oh fellas:

It's not actually called the "vegan headband)" 
biggrin.gif
 -

that's just something we came up with when some animal rights activists attacked Audeze a couple of years ago for using leather pads!

Jan 31, 2015 at 5:36 AM Post #401 of 455
But animals do have rights!

...to be tasty 
tongue.gif

Jan 31, 2015 at 6:01 AM Post #402 of 455
tongue.gif

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Jan 31, 2015 at 6:46 AM Post #403 of 455
Has any hints been given as to it's release date? I assume not.

Regarding weight - I'm with those who think the LCD series are absolutely fine. Worn them for hours at a time. Perhaps it's a posture related pain - try sitting up straight and see if it helps. Slouching and taking the weight via muscles (as opposed to your skeleton) is going to cause problems if the muscles are weak.

Ever since a kid I've associated weight with quality, anyway. One of the first things I used to do when looking at tech/gear was to pick it up. Light? No chance :¬)

Of course technology has changed, but leopard, spots, and all that jazz.

Jan 31, 2015 at 2:21 PM Post #404 of 455
Has any hints been given as to it's release date? I assume not.

Regarding weight - I'm with those who think the LCD series are absolutely fine. Worn them for hours at a time. Perhaps it's a posture related pain - try sitting up straight and see if it helps. Slouching and taking the weight via muscles (as opposed to your skeleton) is going to cause problems if the muscles are weak.

Ever since a kid I've associated weight with quality, anyway. One of the first things I used to do when looking at tech/gear was to pick it up. Light? No chance :¬)

Of course technology has changed, but leopard, spots, and all that jazz.

lol! association w/ weight and quality in tech is so old fashioned. it is all about reducing weight to be cutting edge.

Jan 31, 2015 at 2:46 PM Post #405 of 455
lol! association w/ weight and quality in tech is so old fashioned. it is all about reducing weight to be cutting edge.

Of course.

The point being that because of that history, it doesn't bother me if something awesome in function is 'heavy'. It clicks the nostalgic neurones :¬)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back