New Audeze "Prototype-Z"!
Jan 16, 2015 at 10:20 PM Post #331 of 455
Actually, while we've got you here.. any word on tech updates for the Z? New driver material, variable trace pattern widths, Fluxor... stuff we see with the EL-8? Thanks, best of luck to your wife, too!

Jan 16, 2015 at 10:27 PM Post #332 of 455
  Actually, while we've got you here.. any word on tech updates for the Z? New driver material, variable trace pattern widths, Fluxor... stuff we see with the EL-8? Thanks, best of luck to your wife, too!

hey there!

YES - there are some developments with regard to the driver and such, and I've got to put my short-hand notes together in order to make them readable!!

I'll get to that ASAP!!

I promised Alexandra a night together tonight...

to be continued!

Jan 17, 2015 at 4:55 AM Post #333 of 455
  hey there!

YES - there are some developments with regard to the driver and such, and I've got to put my short-hand notes together in order to make them readable!!

I'll get to that ASAP!!

I promised Alexandra a night together tonight...

to be continued!

Awesome, keep the info coming. I hope they don't change the mini xlr plugs on the Z

Jan 17, 2015 at 8:45 AM Post #334 of 455
As the HE-1000 seems to move farther away from my price range, LCD Z starts looking ever so interesting. All the best to you and your wife Mike.

Jan 17, 2015 at 5:23 PM Post #336 of 455

Awesome, keep the info coming. I hope they don't change the mini xlr plugs on the Z

will do - and I don't think they'll be changing the terminations from the mini-XLRs on the Z,
but I'll make an inquiry

As the HE-1000 seems to move farther away from my price range, LCD Z starts looking ever so interesting. All the best to you and your wife Mike.

thanks bro - Alexandra, seriously, has been really touched by all these messages fellas. The 100 was the very first Hifiman cans I actually enjoyed - as all their cans before sounded, to me, like terrific Hi-fi (uber detail, etc.) but soulless - that's just my impression! Like most Wilson Loudspeakers! They are almost too perfect, and music isn't that - only the new Sacha is a Wilson I'd own. But - IMO - even the EL-8 has more soul by the bucket-loads to my ears.

Very true.

RIGHT?
I wish I woulda come up with that phrase??

Jan 18, 2015 at 8:49 PM Post #337 of 455
Wow really like the carbon fiber headband on these, hopefully they'll sell them separately and be reasonably priced 
smile.gif

Jan 19, 2015 at 2:53 AM Post #339 of 455
^ :confused: does 2X lighter mean half as heavy, or lighter in two distinct steps (shaving say a gram each time), or something else?

Sort of like saying I want to make my snail twice as fast. But it's not fast to begin with so what does this mean :confused:

All in jest :p

Jan 22, 2015 at 6:39 AM Post #342 of 455
I just want to chime in here, and share my experiece and feedback.
I'm only 19, but I have some pretty severe neck problems.. I can't handle the weight of the LCD-X for more than 10 minutes. But, I loved them. I would spend hours almost every night laying in bed staying up late so I could have that "private studio" that were my headphones. And what fun it was being in that studio, hearing -and more importantly- feeling the music.
I recently traded my LCD-X for an HD800. Sound was of course, not the motivation for such treason. After all, the LCD-X was the best thing I'd ever heard, and the most enjoyable music experience I'd ever had. Period.
I traded them for comfort. I was convinced it would be better to listen to an HD800 for 3-4 times as much because I could handle the weight, rather than the LCD-X even though it was the better headphone for me. I was under the impression the HD800 would be far more comfortable, and sure enough, it was.

But here I am, second day of owning an HD800, and I'm missing my LCD-X terribly. I even bought an HD650 which arrived today, to give me more of a similar signature to the LCD-X. It's almost like having a picture of your girlfriend, rather than being with her.. Painful.

Not to be so gloomy, the HD650 is a very remarkable headphone for the money, and it's 260 gram weight is so far helped a lot. I just wanted to express my desire for a 300 gram or less(now I'm really dreaming) Audeze headphone. That's probably a completely unrealistic dream, but hey.. A guy can dream. Maybe the Z or the 4 or whatever it will be, can be that dream.

Sennheiser is great.. But I'd like to own an Audeze once again. I need my girl back, you know what I'm saying? Audeze, hear me out... because I'm lonely.

Park

Jan 22, 2015 at 8:39 PM Post #343 of 455
I just want to chime in here, and share my experiece and feedback.
I'm only 19, but I have some pretty severe neck problems.. I can't handle the weight of the LCD-X for more than 10 minutes. But, I loved them. I would spend hours almost every night laying in bed staying up late so I could have that "private studio" that were my headphones. And what fun it was being in that studio, hearing -and more importantly- feeling the music.
I recently traded my LCD-X for an HD800. Sound was of course, not the motivation for such treason. After all, the LCD-X was the best thing I'd ever heard, and the most enjoyable music experience I'd ever had. Period.
I traded them for comfort. I was convinced it would be better to listen to an HD800 for 3-4 times as much because I could handle the weight, rather than the LCD-X even though it was the better headphone for me. I was under the impression the HD800 would be far more comfortable, and sure enough, it was.

But here I am, second day of owning an HD800, and I'm missing my LCD-X terribly. I even bought an HD650 which arrived today, to give me more of a similar signature to the LCD-X. It's almost like having a picture of your girlfriend, rather than being with her.. Painful.

Not to be so gloomy, the HD650 is a very remarkable headphone for the money, and it's 260 gram weight is so far helped a lot. I just wanted to express my desire for a 300 gram or less(now I'm really dreaming) Audeze headphone. That's probably a completely unrealistic dream, but hey.. A guy can dream. Maybe the Z or the 4 or whatever it will be, can be that dream.

Sennheiser is great.. But I'd like to own an Audeze once again. I need my girl back, you know what I'm saying? Audeze, hear me out... because I'm lonely.

Park

I'm pushing 43 and find the LCD-X once on my head quite comfortable. Just saying....
tongue.gif

Jan 22, 2015 at 8:52 PM Post #344 of 455

I'm pushing 43 and find the LCD-X once on my head quite comfortable. Just saying....
tongue.gif

And I find doing 15 full pullups a few times a day quite comfortable. Just saying.

What I mean is people come in different sizes and fitness levels, as well as sensitivities. Comfort and tolerance with headphones is wildly variable.

Jan 22, 2015 at 8:58 PM Post #345 of 455
  And I find doing 15 full pullups a few times a day quite comfortable. Just saying.

What I mean is people come in different sizes and fitness levels, as well as sensitivities. Comfort and tolerance with headphones is wildly variable.

Fitness levels...these are headphones...and not that heavy either. It's not like a 20lbs weight. I guess I have a hard time understanding such comments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back