New and Improved* Luxury & Precision L5 PRO 32bit DSD DAP with AKM AK4490, touch screen, rosewood blackplate
Jun 12, 2015 at 10:19 AM Post #227 of 1,351
I found the screen on the L5 to be perfectly fine in terms of color accuracy and resolution though lacking in QC. I would have rather paid less for the original screen than more for a better screen.

I like how they kept the overall design to be the same and just add the wooden back. Very classy and nice marriage of wood and metal.

I've confidence in the sound quality, my main concern is still usability, in term of interface speed, touchscreen responsiveness, playback functions etc... basically all the gripes of the L5 LOL.

Jun 13, 2015 at 4:53 AM Post #228 of 1,351
Why line out jack isn't shielded on L5? ( L5 Pro gonna be like L5 without shield on LO jack?)

Is OS in L5 and L5 Pro Android?

L5 using CS3310 chip before or after the DAC chip? (so V cnotrol is analog or digital)

Is line out bypasses the internal headphone amplifier?

thanks

Jun 14, 2015 at 4:38 PM Post #229 of 1,351
  I found the screen on the L5 to be perfectly fine in terms of color accuracy and resolution though lacking in QC. I would have rather paid less for the original screen than more for a better screen.

I like how they kept the overall design to be the same and just add the wooden back. Very classy and nice marriage of wood and metal.

I've confidence in the sound quality, my main concern is still usability, in term of interface speed, touchscreen responsiveness, playback functions etc... basically all the gripes of the L5 LOL.

I believe the screen upgrade is mainly for better touchscreen responsiveness and accuracy.

Jun 14, 2015 at 8:06 PM Post #230 of 1,351
Why line out jack isn't shielded on L5? ( L5 Pro gonna be like L5 without shield on LO jack?)

L5 using CS3310 chip before or after the DAC chip? (so V cnotrol is analog or digital)

thanks

The os is not android-based.
The volume control is analog.
Line out skip headphone amp like all good line out do. The lineout on L5 is a beast.

Jun 15, 2015 at 3:41 AM Post #231 of 1,351

thanks

The os is not android-based.
The volume control is analog.
Line out skip headphone amp like all good line out do. The lineout on L5 is a beast.

Thank you very much for answering, but I have more question
confused_face_2.gif

So line out comes directly from the DAC without using op-amps?
Is gain, volume and EQ have zero effect when using line out?
Please can you tell me the line output max voltage?
And what about LO jack shielding?
redface.gif

Can I use image + CUE on this DAP?
Is there a browse by file option which allows for folder play?

Jun 15, 2015 at 7:59 AM Post #232 of 1,351

Is there a browse by file option which allows for folder play?

Yes, there is file explorer option where you can go to any particular folder to play a song. Once it's done playing a song, it will play the next song in the folder and continue to do so indefinitely. Unlike Fiio DAPS, this L5  is not  smart enough to jump to the next folder. 

Volume control has no effect on LO.

Jun 15, 2015 at 1:00 PM Post #233 of 1,351
Hi! 

I have used L5 with FW1.0.0.6, I felt good sounds and looks good, but UI and the touchscreen is not good.
I like FW1.0.0.4 because 1.0.0.6 was added to the scroll function, touching something I don't touch it but often scroll another screen.
But 1.0.0.6 fixs many bugs, I must use the latest ver. So would you be able to select this function?

I use Mac so have many AIFFs and sometimes try to play DSD128 files I have, but they doesn't sound with L5 or L5 can't find their files.
Moreover I want the function of playlists or favorites like FiiO's X5. I request L&P to support AIFF, DSD128 and the playlist function.

By the way, when does next FW update come?

Jun 17, 2015 at 12:08 AM Post #236 of 1,351
  Hi! 

I have used L5 with FW1.0.0.6, I felt good sounds and looks good, but UI and the touchscreen is not good.
I like FW1.0.0.4 because 1.0.0.6 was added to the scroll function, touching something I don't touch it but often scroll another screen.
But 1.0.0.6 fixs many bugs, I must use the latest ver. So would you be able to select this function?

I use Mac so have many AIFFs and sometimes try to play DSD128 files I have, but they doesn't sound with L5 or L5 can't find their files.
Moreover I want the function of playlists or favorites like FiiO's X5. I request L&P to support AIFF, DSD128 and the playlist function.

By the way, when does next FW update come?

Hi, welcome to the family.

All I know about the next update is that it is planned to be released next week, and will address problems such as sorting.

Jun 17, 2015 at 12:49 AM Post #237 of 1,351

All I know about the next update is that it is planned to be released next week, and will address problems such as sorting.

That's a good news. How I wish L&P make the Shuffle All function to work!

I use l5 also, i think this is a great china player, it will not so hot when play a long time.

Not so hot but it gets warm after a while especially if you put it inside your pocket so I wonder whether the heat dissipation would be hindered if the metal back is replaced with a wooden back, 

Jun 24, 2015 at 3:01 AM Post #240 of 1,351
  my L5 only can play around 5 hours ... is the 1.006 version problem ? or my L5 have some problem !?
do you know where can fix it in China !? 

Mine is even shorter than 5 hours. I love the sound quality of L5 but it seems to be plagued with problems. My L5 has "screen cancer" and now channel imbalance on the HO port. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back