New and Improved* Luxury & Precision L5 PRO 32bit DSD DAP with AKM AK4490, touch screen, rosewood blackplate
May 21, 2015 at 11:56 PM Post #196 of 1,351

I believe FiiO has stated that the new X5 will be the same price as the current one.  However, this DAP definitely seems interesting since I have never heard a Burr-brown chip before.

I kind of agree that UI isn't that big of an issue as long as its passable.  I also have no use for the wifi capabilities as well since I don't use any streaming services.  The more simple the device the better.  If I really cared about all the other features, I would probably rather just use my phone for them than anything else.

However, I do understand how paying so much for an item that doesn't really do much other than play music is hard to justify in most cases.

Except that in this case, I found the UI (on someone else's unti) to be really really bad and not passable. Which was what stopped me from getting it in the first place. But this Massdrop price......

Comes down to the question of Jack of all trade or master of one.

May 22, 2015 at 12:09 AM Post #197 of 1,351
 Except that in this case, I found the UI (on someone else's unti) to be really really bad and not passable. Which was what stopped me from getting it in the first place. But this Massdrop price......

Comes down to the question of Jack of all trade or master of one.

That's disappointing. Definitely a tough decision to make since great sound quality doesn't mean much if you can't easily access your own music. Maybe the QA360 that just dropped would have been a solid pick.

May 22, 2015 at 3:52 AM Post #199 of 1,351
Any new information about the new model being released soon?

Also, have the issues regarding the black spots on the screen been resolved?

May 22, 2015 at 5:45 AM Post #201 of 1,351
L&P has not even uploaded 1.0.0.6 to their website. Thanks to you John, we have this first hand access to it.  
biggrin.gif

May 22, 2015 at 6:06 AM Post #202 of 1,351
Be advised that this firmware resets the UI to Chinese and wipes out the custom key settings. 

Here are the steps to set the language back to English:

1. Touch the Gear symbol at the upper right part of the screen to go to the Settings menu.

2. Settings menu would look like this. Touch "ADVANCED".

3. Touch "LANGUAGE"

4. Touch ENGLISH to select.
5. Touch the Back Space symbol (Arrow at the top left) to get out of the Language setting screen. You should see the interface now in English.

May 22, 2015 at 11:52 AM Post #203 of 1,351

Sad to say that the black spots on my L5 is slowly spreading and the battery indicator at the top right corner of the screen is now gone. Some form of a screen cancer I think.

May 22, 2015 at 12:15 PM Post #204 of 1,351

Sad to say that the black spots on my L5 is slowly spreading and the battery indicator at the top right corner of the screen is now gone. Some form of a screen cancer I think.

frown.gif
that's not good
frown.gif

May 22, 2015 at 1:02 PM Post #206 of 1,351

So bad....atleast now isn' t the time to get it replaced?....

May 24, 2015 at 3:08 PM Post #209 of 1,351
  are you really going to be interested in a DAP ecosystem that requires you to create an offline playlist on your computer from whatever streaming service you subscribe to, save the playlist in a compatible file format, and slowly load it onto your device? Of course not. 

Yep, that's me. Absolutely. I like to own my music and have it at my disposal however I please. But then again, I'm a dinosaur. Good luck listening whenever those servers are down, you're on a train somewhere where the signal is subpar, or plain inaccessible.
Me, I'll deal with my prehistoric files, thanks :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back