New AKG K701 (Without Bumps - Original Manufactured Condition from AKG)
Oct 23, 2014 at 1:59 AM Post #17 of 25
Axis Powers? D00d, what about the US of A? I believe you've forgotten something. 
lol what is the USA's greatest headphone ?

Brooklyn's own Grado PS-1000 ? They are pretty excellent for another American invention.....ROCK :)

Oct 23, 2014 at 2:01 AM Post #18 of 25
Yes, new batches are from china.
One poster is saying he feels no loss in perceptible quality?

Yet AKG are making the K-812 in Austria ?
Hmm.....makes one wonder.

As if AKG has given up on what may be the greatest reference headphone in history, in my experience, one which is criminally slept on here on Head-Fi.

Perhaps sales limited to such a niche market are dictating they slowly stop producing them, and on the way out they decide to maximize profit by not manufacturing in Austria ?

Seems sleazy.

Oct 23, 2014 at 2:38 AM Post #19 of 25
One poster is saying he feels no loss in perceptible quality?

Yet AKG are making the K-812 in Austria ?
Hmm.....makes one wonder.

As if AKG has given up on what may be the greatest reference headphone in history, in my experience, one which is criminally slept on here on Head-Fi.

Perhaps sales limited to such a niche market are dictating they slowly stop producing them, and on the way out they decide to maximize profit by not manufacturing in Austria ?

Seems sleazy.

No loss at all under a blind test! and the durability might be even better. That's what I was saying:)

Oct 23, 2014 at 12:56 PM Post #20 of 25
Is this confirmed ?

I simply can't believe anyone saying that manufacturing in china could NOT inherently produce a dip in quality from that of Austria.

Not being racist or anything, but the axis powers seem to consistently produce quality like no other lol.
not exactly... The only junk that comes out of china is the junk we tell them to assemble. Take FiiO and Hifiman for example. Both are Chinese companies that design and manufacture products in China, yet they have excellent build that rivals and sometimes even surpasses western companies.

Axis Powers? D00d, what about the US of A? I believe you've forgotten something. 
Schiit and Grado. :D

Oct 24, 2014 at 6:41 AM Post #21 of 25
not exactly... The only junk that comes out of china is the junk we tell them to assemble. Take FiiO and Hifiman for example. Both are Chinese companies that design and manufacture products in China, yet they have excellent build that rivals and sometimes even surpasses western companies.
Schiit and Grado.
biggrin.gif

I believe I read two or three reviews as well as comments mentioning how bad the new HE-560 felt compared the build of an Audeze or Beyerdynamic at the same price range, on top of all the QC issues reported in the headphone thread on the forum.

I'm probably still gonna buy it, but certainly not because I'm confident about the build. They seem to have a nice customer service in the other hand.

I do agree that China is producing great quality though, it's just that they're producing so much for so many at very different price ranges that they're filling the full spectrum, from very bad to very good.

Oct 24, 2014 at 1:28 PM Post #22 of 25
I believe I read two or three reviews as well as comments mentioning how bad the new HE-560 felt compared the build of an Audeze or Beyerdynamic at the same price range, on top of all the QC issues reported in the headphone thread on the forum.

I'm probably still gonna buy it, but certainly not because I'm confident about the build. They seem to have a nice customer service in the other hand.

I do agree that China is producing great quality though, it's just that they're producing so much for so many at very different price ranges that they're filling the full spectrum, from very bad to very good.
dont know about that, but the HE-400i is one of the most solid feeling cans in its price range that I've used.

Oct 26, 2014 at 4:23 AM Post #23 of 25
I've spotted new version of K702, and yes there is no "Made in Austria" tag and free from those bumps, but I haven't see any new version of K701 here yet, logically if K702 is made in China, the K701 should be the same because they're on same league.

Oct 26, 2014 at 3:23 PM Post #24 of 25
I've spotted new version of K702, and yes there is no "Made in Austria" tag and free from those hellish bumps, but I haven't see any new version of K701 here yet, logically if K702 is made in China, the K701 should be the same because they're on same league.
you know, I never really had a problem with the bumps when I tried them. If anything, they added extra cushion... How many people here are bald that have the headband comfort issues?

Oct 29, 2014 at 10:07 AM Post #25 of 25
you know, I never really had a problem with the bumps when I tried them. If anything, they added extra cushion... How many people here are bald that have the headband comfort issues?

I think you don't need to be bald to have comfort issues with bumps, since hair thickness can't overcome the force by the effect of strech pulling it down, logically thinking if you stretch the headphone and pull it down, the most pin pointed force to be felt are at some of those bumps, I don't remember exactly, 3rd or 4th bump I think which is seat on your head, and the other bumps are not even touch your head. If those bumps are replaced by let's say "Beyerdynamic headband" I think it will improve comfort significantly because the force is being spread over all the band surfaces and the band surfaces is covered with fluffy and soft matter. If some of the people don't have comfort issues with those bumps, to me I think that kinda weird, since physics science and logic can prove that force is all focused on 3rd or 4th bumps that sits on your head, and the bumps area is not wide, it make the force to be more focused to push down the head.

But it doesn't bother me anymore, cause now I use K702 65th annie - no bumps :)

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back