New Age Piano recommendations
Sep 3, 2012 at 12:46 PM Post #16 of 72
Sep 3, 2012 at 12:58 PM Post #17 of 72
Quote:
Well I got carried away and off the topic of this thread. Ackerman plays guitar although there are some piano parts. Apologies. But don't let that stop you from sampling this amazing album. I love all the Windham Hill stuff.

I don't blame you, Norbert. William Ackerman is a big name in New Age. His Imaginary Roads and Returning (greatest hits) are both great. I don't think there is a thread dedicated to New Age Guitar; if you open a new thread, I will follow you there.

Sep 14, 2012 at 10:27 AM Post #18 of 72
Somehow I like Scott Cossu's "When Spirits Fly Again" better than "Tides Between Us". Although both are excellent.

FalconP, do you like She Describes Infinity and Reunion more than the above two albums? I cannot find that album in my MOG (internet radio) but can buy it from Amazon in the future.

I can listen to Scott Cossu in any mood. For Phil Coulter, sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. Not sure why.

Oct 21, 2012 at 6:00 PM Post #29 of 72
For me , the best "modern" piano piece ever,
is the opening of the final fantasy X game:

Otherwise each soundtrack of final fantasy, have a "piano" version, you might enjoy it.

Oct 22, 2012 at 4:14 PM Post #30 of 72
@ Happy Camper
Keiko Matsui produces both Jazz and New Age works (although leaning more towards Jazz). Thanks for mentioning her. I heard of her works before, as she has been mentioned a few times in other piano-related threads here.  

@ extrabgmehdi
Yiruma is of a similar style, but with less repetition and more complexity/melody.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back