need new cans with portability
Nov 15, 2012 at 12:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

needsnewcans

New Head-Fier
ok so i am looking for a new pair of around the ear headphones (would be open to over the ear)
i go to school and commute so i am thinking closed back would be my best choice
so minimal leakage would be good but i also do a great deal of listening at home
price range: would like to be in the $300 range but willing to go up to $400 if are worth it
i listen to wide range of music including: rap, hip hop, rock, indie, some pop, r&b, soul, and rhythm/blues
when listening on the go i usually listen to music with my samsung galaxy s3, if extra power is needed to drive these phones i would be willing to get a portable amp

id like them to be able to good reduction in ambient noise, last phones i had were horrible at blocking out wind so i returned them

please give me some suggestions because i am having a difficult time narrowing down my options

Nov 15, 2012 at 12:55 AM Post #2 of 7
UE6000 is a great sounding headphone for portable use that is over ear. Comfortable and lightweight as well. I was really impressed with these and they are worth looking into. There is an article worth reading on them on innerfidelity's site.

Other headphones you could look into that I actually have NOT heard are the sennheiser momentums and the Vmoda M100. Both new on the market for portable use.

On ear headphones you can check that I really enjoyed:

MS400 (by far the most comfy on ear I have ever tried owned)
Vmoda M80
HD 25-1 ii
DT1350 (sounds amazing, not as comfy as the MS400).

Try looking into those.

Nov 20, 2012 at 8:21 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:
do you get much ambient noise from wind with the momentums?
also do they sound good on a phone or do you think i would need a portable amp for them when on the go?

I bike with them and I barely ever hear any wind noise even when going at higher speeds.

Nov 20, 2012 at 8:44 AM Post #7 of 7
voting for Sennheiser 25 1-11, might still be in the honeymoon phase with mine but I am loving it and looks like it will take a lot of abuse like my V-moda v80

Good luck !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back