Need help to test the 20,000 sound tracks music library firmware for X5 !
Oct 3, 2014 at 6:15 AM Post #16 of 86
  – When I start the player and start playing from the ''All songs'' section in shuffle mode, it seems to always follow the same route. No matter what the first song is, the second, third etc is always the same. This doesn't really feel like random order to me. By scrolling with the wheel and selecting another song it will follow another path from that moment on though.

I get the same thing. I don't know how long you've listened to it with this firmware.

But even by selecting another song with the wheel, after a set number of songs it returns to the same route that it takes initially. So basically the All Songs list is hardly random at all

Oct 3, 2014 at 2:01 PM Post #19 of 86
  Replaygain? If not I'll sit this one out.

In this firmware? I doubt it...they are trying to tackle one major problem at a time.  The library issue and playlist generation has been at the top of a lot of folk's list (so to speak) for a while now.  That's probably why FiiO is so focused on it.
Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Oct 3, 2014 at 4:54 PM Post #20 of 86

I get the same thing. I don't know how long you've listened to it with this firmware.

But even by selecting another song with the wheel, after a set number of songs it returns to the same route that it takes initially. So basically the All Songs list is hardly random at all

I'm still on 2.2, and it appeared to be that way already.  It seemed to continue the original issue that plagued Android devices of attempting to be "truly random," and would just repeat stuff (including the same song) over and over again.  What was needed was more of a "random remaining," where it continues with the shuffle but doesn't repeat any of the tracks until all have been played.  I'll have to fiddle with it some more, but I started letting my music manager on my PC randomize playlists to avoid this and just let it loop the playlist instead.

Oct 4, 2014 at 4:58 AM Post #21 of 86
Just like HK_sends mentioned, I think they're only looking at the 5.800 limit ''problem'' in this FW. There are to many disadvantages coming up with it to roll this one out as an official one. When this is the case, maybe it was better if this had been communicated before. Now most of the people (just like me) also focussed on other parts of this beta FW.

In FW2.2 the random seems to be working fine for me. I don't have the idea that the same songs come by when I listen from the ''All songs'' section in shuffle mode. Being aware that almost 50% of my songs that are loaded on my X5 will not come by in this FW is frustrating, so I'm glad that they are at least working on it. I really hope they can pull it off...
Replaygain would also be a nice extra indeed!

Oct 4, 2014 at 7:38 AM Post #22 of 86
This issue with 'replay gain.'   Is it compression or is it some way of averaging the overall volume of tracks so one isn't ear-slapped with a loud song from a diferent album?  If the latter, I'm all in favour.  That would matter more than the 5,800 limit since I have barely half of that.

Oct 4, 2014 at 8:52 AM Post #23 of 86
  This issue with 'replay gain.'   Is it compression or is it some way of averaging the overall volume of tracks so one isn't ear-slapped with a loud song from a diferent album?  If the latter, I'm all in favour.  That would matter more than the 5,800 limit since I have barely half of that.

Well, when you read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ReplayGain
''ReplayGain utilities usually add metadata to the audio files without altering the original audio data.''

So, I guess there's no compression at all...
beerchug.gif

Oct 4, 2014 at 8:46 PM Post #25 of 86
Hi,

Just to go back on the main topic, just upraded and all seems quite OK here.
Maybe some have issues with gapless because all their files are not in the same format (ex .flac and .mp3), no problems here anyway. (Maybe because i am just above the previous limit (6500 tracks here)).

Edit : I experienced on some long (20 min) .mp3 discontinued playback

Oct 5, 2014 at 12:53 AM Post #26 of 86
I really wanted this FW to work for me. Installed it right away and had it freeze after the first track I played and had to reset every time I used my X5. I tried resetting to factory settings and reloading firmware with no luck. Latest stable release is rock solid for me, so I went back to that and the constant freezing stopped.

I'm using mostly FLAC and had Gapless on, fwiw.

Oct 5, 2014 at 5:39 PM Post #27 of 86
Hi,

Just to go back on the main topic, just upraded and all seems quite OK here.
Maybe some have issues with gapless because all their files are not in the same format (ex .flac and .mp3), no problems here anyway. (Maybe because i am just above the previous limit (6500 tracks here)).

Edit : I experienced on some long (20 min) .mp3 discontinued playback

I only have flac and gapless does not work.  I'm also around 6500 tracks.  What format are your gapless tracks?

Oct 5, 2014 at 11:27 PM Post #28 of 86
  I only have flac and gapless does not work.  I'm also around 6500 tracks.  What format are your gapless tracks?

I checked again testing with an album (live from Dakota - Stereophonics is my benchmark) to test the gapless playback and yes there are some issues. 

But it's a different issue than before (from the stock firmware don't remember the version number) this is just a silent gap so it's barely noticeable there is no "click" at the begenning or ending of the gap.

Anyone can confirm my feeling on this ?

Oct 5, 2014 at 11:38 PM Post #29 of 86
  I checked again testing with an album (live from Dakota - Stereophonics is my benchmark) to test the gapless playback and yes there are some issues. 

But it's a different issue than before (from the stock firmware don't remember the version number) this is just a silent gap so it's barely noticeable there is no "click" at the begenning or ending of the gap.

Anyone can confirm my feeling on this ?

I agree there's no click.  However, I find, for continuous music, the gap is noticeable.  I'm using music that I recorded and mastered and I have track breaks that do not follow breaks in the music -- it should play right through.  It does on FW 2.2, but the gap is noticeable (and unacceptable) in this beta.  I've had to go back to 2.2.

Oct 5, 2014 at 11:50 PM Post #30 of 86
I agree there's no click.  However, I find, for continuous music, the gap is noticeable.  I'm using music that I recorded and mastered and I have track breaks that do not follow breaks in the music -- it should play right through.  It does on FW 2.2, but the gap is noticeable (and unacceptable) in this beta.  I've had to go back to 2.2.

Yes on continuous sound you can't miss it, there is a real issue there !

And I am not sure but what are the odds that two people have exactly 6500 songs on their devices ? (I just checked on the X5 i don't know how to count the files on the cards) I suspect an other bug here...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back