Need dac/amp recommendations for Hifiman Ananda Stealth edition
Oct 22, 2023 at 10:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

BrokeAudiophileMan

100+ Head-Fier
Good morning!

I have the Hifiman Ananda V3 (16 Ohm, stealth magnets) and I just got them yesterday. Great headphones. However my Fiio K7 sounds too dark with them and my Shanling UP4 22 sounds a bit thin and underwhelming. I can tell these headphones are capable of more. They're very easy to drive so I'm not looking for a full size unit, more like an uber dongle. I was looking at the Hip Dac 2 and 3 or the Cayin RU7. My concern is that the Hip Dac might not be enough of a jump over the UP4 and also that the RU7 might be a bit too laid back for a headphone which is already extremely laid back. Basically I'm looking for something ever so slightly bright and warm a very clean output, ideally a built in battery, and not costing more than $400ish Canadian dollars.

Can anyone recommend anything? Also does anyone want to sell me a Mojo 2 for $400? Joking but also not joking.

Thanks!

Oct 22, 2023 at 12:27 PM Post #2 of 5
Good morning!

I have the Hifiman Ananda V3 (16 Ohm, stealth magnets) and I just got them yesterday. Great headphones. However my Fiio K7 sounds too dark with them and my Shanling UP4 22 sounds a bit thin and underwhelming. I can tell these headphones are capable of more. They're very easy to drive so I'm not looking for a full size unit, more like an uber dongle. I was looking at the Hip Dac 2 and 3 or the Cayin RU7. My concern is that the Hip Dac might not be enough of a jump over the UP4 and also that the RU7 might be a bit too laid back for a headphone which is already extremely laid back. Basically I'm looking for something ever so slightly bright and warm a very clean output, ideally a built in battery, and not costing more than $400ish Canadian dollars.

Can anyone recommend anything? Also does anyone want to sell me a Mojo 2 for $400? Joking but also not joking.

Thanks!

16 ohms and 93 db/mw isn’t “very easy” to drive, they will require an amplifier that can provide reasonable current output.

I would not have thought an “uber dongle” would be ideal at all.

Oct 22, 2023 at 12:36 PM Post #3 of 5
Good morning!

Thanks!
Take a look at the IFI gear, it is some of the strongest portable gear around. @iFi could probably recommend the right unit.

Feb 25, 2024 at 2:22 AM Post #5 of 5
Good morning!

Thanks!
Hi, did you end up finding a suitable solution? I have the same headphones and same needs as you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back