Name an album you bought on day of release
Jan 30, 2010 at 4:53 AM Post #16 of 38
OK, Just for a Laugh or to make most of YOU remember when and where YOU bought your copy .............In 1967 I was 14yrs old and I remember walking to the "Bargin Barn" (think target, k-mart) to get my new "Sgt. PEPPERS" Album.. This was a good 8 mile walk, but I had to have it on that Tues. Morning (1st one sold in dayton.) they said..Hell I didn't care, I just wanted to hear this NEW LP,from the Beatles!!!! IT CHANGED MY LIFE...... type of record.........Fac-toid: Pepper was the 1st LP to have the words on the back cover.........

Jan 30, 2010 at 4:54 AM Post #17 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I actually saw thrice and brand new in concert on halloween of 2007, that was a darn good show

Oh, I can imagine that would be a great show. I saw brand new in concert a few years ago at a small local bar venue and they were really good. I have not seen thrice yet, next time they come to Michigan I will be there.

Jan 30, 2010 at 5:05 AM Post #18 of 38
Well, my dad stood in line for me at a record store(Turtles...anybody remember them??) to get the new Guns N' Roses albums...Use Your Illusion 1 and 2 . This was a midnight release...I was so excited, I stayed up till about 3:30 listening before I went to sleep.

Jan 30, 2010 at 5:20 AM Post #20 of 38
Mew - No More Stories...

At first it didn't hit me, but it's always like that with Mew albums. Then I saw them live for the 3rd time and heard the new songs in concert and I was hooked. So yeah, it exceeded my expectations in the end.

Jan 30, 2010 at 5:40 AM Post #21 of 38
Another one for In Rainbows here. As far as meeting or exceeding expectations, I think we all know how that one went.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 30, 2010 at 6:16 AM Post #22 of 38
Tool- Lateralus, 10,000 Days
Pink Floyd- The Division Bell, Pulse
Chicago- 17 (hey I was a hormonaly enraged teen)
Boston- Third Stage
Pearl Jam- Pearl Jam
Radiohead- In Rainbows

There may have been more but I don't recall. I was disappointed with all but the Pear Jam and Chicago 17 albums. The Pearl Jam for the music and the Chicago because the girls loved it. And it worked.
smily_headphones1.gif
Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

Jan 30, 2010 at 6:24 AM Post #23 of 38
Metallica St Anger (did not meet expectations)
Red Hot Chili Peppers Stadium Arcadium (exceeded my expectations)
Chickenfoot self titled (met my expectations)
Sevendust Next (exceeded)
Tool 10,000 Days (exceeded)
Sevendust Alpha (met)

Can't remember any more!??!?

Jan 30, 2010 at 6:35 AM Post #24 of 38
Beck, "Sea Change" [enhanced double LP/vinyl]

Jan 30, 2010 at 6:48 AM Post #25 of 38
i didnt realize we were doing all of them

10,000 days - Tool - didnt like at first, grew on me alot though
Mezmerize/Hynotize - System of a Down - exceeded
Stadium Arcadium - Red Hot Chili Peppers - way exceeded, my favorite cd
A City by the Light Divided - Thursday - Exceeded
Overcome - All that Remains - Met
Phobia - Breaking Benjamin - Way below expectations
This Type of Thinking - Chevelle - below expectations, their worst cd
Sci-Fi Crimes - Chevelle - Met
If Only You Were Lonely - Hawthorne Heights - below expectations
Splinter - Offspring - Met
Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace - Offspring - below
Appeal to Reason - Rise Against - Below

All the cd's i've ever bought on release day
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 30, 2010 at 10:46 PM Post #27 of 38
I buy many albums ahead of the release, but an album that I specifically remember buying on the day of release was The Joshua Tree. I had no intention of buying it, but I heard "Red Hill Mining Town" playing in the shop and decided to give it a go ... my first U2 album. The album broke records for being a fast seller at the time so it stuck in my mind.

Jan 31, 2010 at 11:46 PM Post #28 of 38
Coheed and Cambria - No World for Tomorrow. Beautiful album, taking a little bit of a lighter touch compared to their usual dark melodic tunes.

Death Cab for Cutie - Plans. Awesome album. Follows up Transatlanticism VERY well.

Motion City Soundtrack - My Dinosaur Life. Pretty good album. I think they've slipped a little bit past their high point, but, I'm still enjoying it.

Feb 1, 2010 at 2:45 AM Post #29 of 38
I usually only buy CDs when the price starts going down, but I made an exception to my cheapskate ways for the deer album
51K2R26W62L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

I remember it came straight from France, even though I ordered it from a US site (the now defunct andante.com).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back