Mytek Liberty DAC II discussion + impression
Feb 17, 2022 at 3:38 AM Post #31 of 83
Normally yes but it's not a good idea since the drive levels are gonna vary and make it hard to control volume.

Apr 9, 2022 at 9:41 PM Post #32 of 83
I ordered my Liberty II after my iFi Pro iDSD stopped working after 90 days, and subsequently spent the next two months being lost in some kind of endless repair queue at iFi. The Liberty II got me right back into audio bliss after my time lost in a desert of silence… waiting.

Yes, I would have liked to see a manual specific to the Liberty II on the Mytek site. I read the manual for the original Liberty model and it did help some. There is absolutely no paperwork in the box at all, just the hardware. Also, I tried to download the app so I could check and load new software when needed. It’s not available on the Apple App Store, just from the Mytek site. I have a new Mac with the latest software but couldn’t get past the error messages.

So I decided just to go with the flow and enjoy the music. And the Liberty II really delivers. I love this DAC! Compared to my iFi Pro iDSD I would say I can hear deeper into the music. More clarity and detail, but not in a way that causes fatigue. More detail in a way that makes me want to keep turning the volume up! I love the simplicity… the singleminded and streamlined purpose in the features and controls of this DAC. It just plays music beautifully.

So, if you don’t need all those fab “Swiss army knife” features of the iDSD (which I do love), then the Liberty II will get you as good or better sound for half the price.
+1 on the supporting documention - there isn't any!!! I installed the Mytek USB drivers but as far as I can tell Windows is still using it's own drivers. Plus I can't get anything to show up on the Mytek Control Panel, it's just a blank page that shows the Mytek logo and nothing else. The only thing that did work for me is the firmware updater.

Having said all that, the DAC itself works well and sounds amazing - a big upgrade over my Asus Essence STXII.

May 12, 2022 at 7:46 AM Post #38 of 83

Last edited:
May 12, 2022 at 7:49 AM Post #39 of 83
May 12, 2022 at 8:17 AM Post #41 of 83
I was not interested in the benchmark dac, rather the Liberty 2 dac's xlr output. Am I in the right thread?
You asked about balanced vs. single end. There are standards in the world :wink:

May 12, 2022 at 10:42 AM Post #43 of 83
Mytek used to be a pro audio company. Even though they went consumer, it seems unlikely things went to hell completely yet.

May 30, 2022 at 8:13 AM Post #44 of 83
Just got by dac 2. Sounds a lot thinner than I was expecting. Transparent, tube like, analogue, but not as meaty as I wanted. Does it need burn in or this is what I should expect?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back