MYSPHERE 3.1 "FAQ's"
Jan 24, 2018 at 1:45 PM Post #31 of 165
Heinz, how is the manufacturing going?

To be honest:
it could run better! The problem is not the manufacturing process, but the material quality received from the supply base.
As we do not accept any compromise in quality, it lead into further delays of ~3 weeks.
But when looking back and comparing with earlier manufacturing problems within the big companies I worked, we are really on a very good status. It's just about expectations and plans.
BR heinz

Jan 26, 2018 at 8:02 AM Post #32 of 165
Hello friends,

I get the sometimes the question:
"Where is MYSPHERE made?"

That's relatively easy to answer:
It was already taken into consideration during the design that as many individual parts as possible can be manufactured in Europe and that the assembly takes place in Vienna.
We succeeded in almost all parts.
Exceptions are:
The magnets> these are in the quality only from China to obtain today.
The screws> these standard parts are indeed made of high quality stainless steel, but no longer from European origin meaningful to order.
The contacts and plugs in the product> are from Japan as well as the built-in protection capacitors.
Everything else comes from Western Europe. Whereby Germany provides the majority, followed by Austria and Switzerland.
The assembly takes place within our small organisation in Vienna and is organized in groups of parts which are produced "batch wise".
For very critical single parts and process steps robots or semi-automated machines are used, for the rest relatively simple but sophisticated jig-devices.
All manufacturing steps are controlled after each process step to 100% according to a precise control plan but also with human common sense.

Any questions left?
Best regards,
Heinz

Jan 26, 2018 at 12:09 PM Post #34 of 165
Do you produce the membrane, the heart of the headphone, at you location in Austria? Or some other company makes it for you?
And, by the way, who failed you so you had to postpone the production? From what country?)

Yes, the membrane is produced here in Austria with our own tool design. At beginning we wanted it to outsource, but we could not find any supplier capable to do this design.
We did not postpone the production - may be a slight misunderstanding caused by my poor English capabilities. We started in the first week of January, but are limited in capacity by too less material (the rest failed by the incoming inspection). But we do not release which suppliers in any case are involved.

Best regards,
Heinz

Jan 26, 2018 at 12:26 PM Post #35 of 165
Yes, the membrane is produced here in Austria with our own tool design. At beginning we wanted it to outsource, but we could not find any supplier capable to do this design.
We did not postpone the production - may be a slight misunderstanding caused by my poor English capabilities. We started in the first week of January, but are limited in capacity by too less material (the rest failed by the incoming inspection). But we do not release which suppliers in any case are involved.

Best regards,
Heinz
Great. Well, in my opinion, if the membrane and the final assembly are in Austria, that's all that really matters.
Of course I did not expect from you to call the names or to point the finger at some companies. I'm just curious from what country the supplier is. You know, it's believed that suppliers from Western Europe are better than from China or - let's say-Eastern Europe and I'm curious whether or not it's true.

Jan 26, 2018 at 12:43 PM Post #36 of 165
When we started to implement supply base we searched around the globe just for comparison reasons. You should understand that we have a good experience about the possible supply market learned during time working fr mass production of acoustic devices of mobile phones.
The results received by comparison confirmed our pre-assumptions that the supply base is best here in Western Europe quality wise for our high end hand made product.
However, as our quality expectations are extreme high, it's quite normal that starting piece part production at supplier side, some quality matters can occur.
But the most important point is that suppliers understand root causes fast and avoid it for future with high sustainability by well trained and implemented quality control tools.
BR heinz

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2018 at 4:25 AM Post #37 of 165
Hello,
Production start is on 2nd of January 2018.
At the same time the requests will start based on the pre-orders received, to change towards a regular order. Inline with the row of orders, deliveries will start.There will be no official kind of introduction to market now. But the final products will shown at:
USA: CanJam in NY in Feb. 2018 and later at Socal in LA and in spring 2018 at Axpona in Chicago.
EU: Audiovista in Krefeld Germany End of February, and May at High-End show in Munich (which will be the first official press release).
Of course final pics af all parts including boxes, cables a.s.o. will be shown on the Homepage www.mysphere.at in January.
But also it will be a pleasure to show them in this forum soon.
The product will be sold worldwide from the beginning by the web-page only. We have first to settle the complete ramp-up of production inline with the given orders. When capacity will increase further, may be dealers can drop in as well.
BR heinz
Hello Heinz.
Have you started shipping the pre-orders? If not, do you have any specific dates? When will it be possible to buy the Mysphere for those who didn't preorder?

Apr 25, 2018 at 5:18 AM Post #38 of 165
Hello,
YES! Shipment started in April to those who are on the Pre-Order list.
All who are listed are/will be mailed and asked if they want to turn the pre-order into a concrete order.
BR heinz

Apr 27, 2018 at 1:08 PM Post #39 of 165
Hello,
YES! Shipment started in April to those who are on the Pre-Order list.
All who are listed are/will be mailed and asked if they want to turn the pre-order into a concrete order.
BR heinz

For a vintage AKG fan, would these satisfy the 240 Sextett crowd, or moreso the DF/Monitor crowd. I say this because the Sextett relative to the other brothers had more of a soul.
Or from K7XX series perspective, would these cater to the Q701 crowd more than Q701/K712

These seem from reviews to be so customizable, so detailed, technically marvelous,

but have you guys found that magic soul? Any thoughts on this would be helpful. Any interesting philosophy would be nice.

:)

May 5, 2018 at 1:37 AM Post #42 of 165
Experience the MYSPHERE at Munich High-End show next week.

Reserve a meet and greet online.

https://wooaudio.com/events/2018/5/10/high-end-munich-germany-2018

Screen Shot 2018-05-04 at 10.35.57 PM.jpg

Jun 7, 2018 at 6:57 AM Post #43 of 165

hrklg01
user_online.gif

Mysphere

icon1.gif
Testberichte
Hi Guys,

As I am asked may times about actual test reports I want to use his thread also to post those.
Here is a list (I'm sure it's not complete) in the order of the latest on top.

Please let me know if this is fine with you.

best regards, heinz
PS: Sorry, actually the most are written in German language ... Google Translate? :wink:

upcoming:
Ultimate Headphone Guide – Summer 2018:
"The MySphere 3.2s deliver a sense of
expansiveness that puts them at the top of
the top of the tree."

https://www.lowbeats.de/test-lb-acou...ar-kopfhoerer/

https://www.fairaudio.de/hintergrund...laudio-canjam/

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/mysp...#post-14241359

https://www.headfonia.com/q-n-a-saturday-mysphere/

newspaper "EAR IN 3/2018" (this can be only bought) Titel: "Revolutionärer Kopflautsprecher"

https://www.fidelity-magazin.de/2018...ere-in-vienna/

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2018 at 2:40 PM Post #44 of 165
A short explanation regarding the cables which Mysphere uses as standard:
All standard Mysphere 3 cables are made of silver-plated, oxygen-free (OFC) copper wire, which in turn consists of 8 fine single strands. These are intertwined so that low electric capacities and inductivities are achieved. The entire cable is finally covered with a very soft, but very tear-resistant fabric.
It was of course also tested pure silver wire. But in terms of the representation of high frequencies at the Mysphere 3 it was discarded.
Of course, avoiding microphonics (in this case, structure-borne sound transmission is meant) is extremely important. That's why the very thin and soft sheathed cable. But a very significant difference is the positioning of the cable connector on the head-bow and not on the driver housing. First of all, the noise source is far from the structure and secondly very strong damped to the spring steel part by means of several layers of polyurethane and Polyamide. At least in relation to this effect, probably one of the best headphones ever - you can hear almost nothing when you rub the cable!
LG heinz

Jun 9, 2018 at 3:32 PM Post #45 of 165
Hello, Heinz.
There was a question asked on the Russion forum regarding the cable and the connector.

As you can see on the picture the connector almost digs into the neck of the guy. Can it cause some discomfort for people with wider necks?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back