My Questions About the Future Sonics Atrios???
Dec 1, 2010 at 8:31 PM Post #16 of 23

Quote:
@Starsky5000, fit is good if are OK with an over-the-ear earphone.  They are very light for a dynamic driver.  The cable is also fairly light as well.

That's what I found as well.

Dec 1, 2010 at 8:32 PM Post #17 of 23

Quote:
@Starsky5000, fit is good if are OK with an over-the-ear earphone.  They are very light for a dynamic driver.  The cable is also fairly light as well.

Truth.  Cable is light, but doesn't feel cheap to me in the slightest.  Some claim to dislike Atrio build quality, but I like it a lot.

Dec 1, 2010 at 8:46 PM Post #18 of 23
Thank You Bazirker. I just read your review. It was very informative. I learned alot from it. I was gonna to ask another question about the fit because you mentioned it was hard to get a good fit. But i'll purchase them eventually & find out for myself.

I listen to alot of pop, rock, disco, eurodisco, & synthpop so i figured this Future Sonics Earphone would complement this kind of style of music well.

I don't have alot of earphones. I have my very first ever portable Sennheiser Px100, a Koss Porta Pro, an Audio Technica Ck7 and my newest and best sounding & best fit earphone is Phonak Audeo Perfect Bass. So as you can see I don't have alot of experience with trying out alot of headphones/earphones but it would be nice to add a Future Sonic Atrio to my collection.

Dec 1, 2010 at 9:03 PM Post #19 of 23

Quote:
Thank You Bazirker. I just read your review. It was very informative. I learned alot from it. I was gonna to ask another question about the fit because you mentioned it was hard to get a good fit. But i'll purchase them eventually & find out for myself.

Yeah I'm getting better about getting them in my ears; I discovered that while I use the medium size eartips on pretty much every other earphone on the planet, the small stock double flanges on the Atrios works better for me than the mediums.  The Atrios need to be DEEP in your ears to get the best sound, and since I've found I can do that more easily and with more comfort using the smalls, I've been "rediscovering" these phones.  I didn't realize I hadn't addressed that in my review, will go edit now.

Dec 1, 2010 at 9:15 PM Post #20 of 23
@Bazirker, I liked the quality as well.  They don't look as sexy and polished as a set of Shures or Sleek Audios, but I never had concerns about quality or durability.

Dec 30, 2010 at 9:14 PM Post #21 of 23
Thank You All for you input.

Dec 30, 2010 at 9:26 PM Post #22 of 23
Among the models I've had a chance to listen to while I'm in Hong Kong, I had a chance to briefly compare the old and new Atrios. I only had a very brief impression and was told that there wasn't a great deal of burn in on the demo units, but I have to say that for the price I wouldn't be at all unhappy with the sound of the new Atrios. There was a bit more sparkle and zest to the highs, and the bass was very tight. I was impressed by the timbre, and they have excellent bass quality without as much veil of something like the DDM.

My only hesitation with them would be that I did get some sibilance with a few tracks, but I don't know how burn in and tip selection would effect that.

Mar 23, 2011 at 7:45 PM Post #23 of 23
Today I was talking to a Future Sonics rep. A very nice lady that always answers all my questions. And I told her for the next generation Atrios...a green color would be eye catching and she replied it's ironic that you said that because when she was in a meeting she pitched the idea for the green color Atrios but they eventually went with the brown color. But she said for the next generation of Atrios she will bring that idea up again. Also I told her about the barrel foams and how hard it is to get into my ears. I gave comply as an example and explained to her that if they can taper the entrance way that enters the ears first just like comply does it would make it easier to get into the ear. She said she wishes they can do that but comply has a patent on that. She also said once again they will never change the size of the nozzle on the Atrios. So I don't have to have my SofterWear Sleeves redone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back