My new ARIA has arrived.
May 30, 2006 at 1:05 AM Post #391 of 396
Congrats on the amp _jazz. It is a very nice amp/DAC for the $$$ imo. As m_memmory mentioned the USB light is indeed on if a USB cable is plugged in. I rather like the blue leds, though it would be nice to have the option to shut the USB light off. Those suckers are bright! Makes a great night light though.
biggrin.gif

May 30, 2006 at 12:25 PM Post #392 of 396
Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd S
Those suckers are bright! Makes a great night light though.
biggrin.gif

No kidding! The amp is next to my TFT monitor of my PC, and in the beginning it kind of disturbed me. The great sound makes up for that though.
orphsmile.gif

May 30, 2006 at 2:15 PM Post #393 of 396
They do make a great night light and I started off thinking that they looked lovely (actually still do)

Then one night I walked into my room, totally shattered out & my eyes aching from being awake so long .... and right there there was this bright blue LED shining - ouch!

After that I decided the LEDs needed covering up.

Jun 22, 2006 at 12:08 PM Post #394 of 396
Anyone compared Meier-Audio Corda Aria ($470) and XIN SuperMacro-IV ($350) ?

What about Meier-Audio Corda Aria ($470) and XIN SuperMini-IV ($200) ?

Well, I mean AMP comparison, for I know there is DAC in Aria so that's what increases the price...
Anyway, I have M-Audio Transit USB ($100) which can serve as DAC for SuperMini-IV,
so DAC is not really an issue for me.... but yes, it surely is beneficial....

By what XIN said on his forums, SuperMini-IV is what he recommends, it's portable and cheaper
than Macro version and it sounds almost identical as Macro... So, $200 seems really as a good deal,
which makes it more than twice cheaper than Aria....

These two amps are really what I am considering buying, so ANY info about them is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Jun 22, 2006 at 1:15 PM Post #395 of 396
If you don't need the DAC, and you don't need a portable amp, then I would recommend the Meier Audio Headfive as your best option. It's $250, sounds great (in some ways better than the Aria), and I preferred it to the Xin SM3V6 (except in portability).

Hope that helps.

Jun 22, 2006 at 2:39 PM Post #396 of 396
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab
If you don't need the DAC, and you don't need a portable amp, then I would recommend the Meier Audio Headfive as your best option. It's $250, sounds great (in some ways better than the Aria), and I preferred it to the Xin SM3V6 (except in portability).

Hope that helps.

ahh, thanks for this information!

well, i like the idea of being able to put amp into the notebook bag, so, supermini-iv seems best option thus far....
too bad no reviews for supermini-iv on these forums yet... or did i miss them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back