My experience with MP4Nation (Customer information inside)
Dec 14, 2011 at 2:39 AM Post #31 of 40
Glad I read this, as I've often browsed the site and have considered trying some of their earphones, and a Nationite DAP for my sister. Now I don't think I'll touch the site.

Dec 14, 2011 at 2:40 AM Post #32 of 40
Well can't say i'm surprised, i'm gonna get a Nationite N2 through Amazon so hopefully i don't have any problems. I was looking at the Soundmagic PL21 a while back and decided against it, Amazon FTW! 

Another site people don't really talk about is HD Tracks, i had trouble downloading their sample album with their "download manager" and it turns out wasn't the only one. I found a long thread on another audiophile forum where people who actually PAID for albums can't get it to work, i didn't really care since it was a sample album, but i did enter personal information
confused_face.gif

Dec 14, 2011 at 3:50 AM Post #33 of 40
My pain is your gain. I wish I had known about this beforehand, and this thread is simply to give everyone an information that is valuable if you are planning to buy from them. What anyone does after that is a matter of choice. Personally I can live with shipping delays, but I simply can't bear lies and deception. I really tasted the irony when I opened the box and found the T51 and an 8 Gb sd card, supposedly to account for the 16Gb of the Sflo2 I ordered. Especially when I own a 1X 32Gb...

Anyway I'm still lucky compared to Kanashimu up there. I didn't get what I paid for, but at least it's close. I guess I'll stay clear of HifiMan too then.

Don't about HD tracks though. I had the same problem when Radiohead released In Rainbows online, but I "solved" it later with bitorrent ...

Dec 15, 2011 at 4:59 AM Post #34 of 40
Over the years I have ordered a Brainwavz ProAlpha, Brainwavz M2, Fiio E5 and recently a Brainwavz HM5 and Fiio E10 from Mp4nation and haven't had a single bad experience with them yet. They even helped fix my bricked Ainol V9000HDA 1080p mp4 player, which I hadn't even bought from them in the first place. The forums are very supportive and the products are mostly bang for your buck. Shipping to my country generally takes about a month. To avoid disappointment I only order items I feel confident repairing myself and I don't count on Chinese warranty. 

Dec 15, 2011 at 7:39 PM Post #35 of 40
Man, that post about Chinese customs confiscating gear concerns me greatly as I've been looking at some mid to high-end products to purchase from Chinese companies.  I am not so sure now.  Though, I didn't have a problem receiving an item ordered from Coolfungadget(Tam Audio) but still...just the threat of that is quite disconcerting.

Dec 15, 2011 at 7:51 PM Post #36 of 40

Quote:
Man, that post about Chinese customs confiscating gear concerns me greatly as I've been looking at some mid to high-end products to purchase from Chinese companies.  I am not so sure now.  Though, I didn't have a problem receiving an item ordered from Coolfungadget(Tam Audio) but still...just the threat of that is quite disconcerting.

Oh trust me, you'll never have a problem RECEIVING your items. Its just if you need to send them back, that is the issue.

For now, I'm trying to see if Fang can do anything for me.

Dec 15, 2011 at 8:39 PM Post #37 of 40

Quote:
Oh trust me, you'll never have a problem RECEIVING your items. Its just if you need to send them back, that is the issue.

For now, I'm trying to see if Fang can do anything for me.

Hmm, I guess so.  Feeling a little better now.  Thanks.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 24, 2011 at 9:40 PM Post #39 of 40

Quote:
So that’s it, a wonderful shopping experience ! Thanks MP4 Nation for providing me with the ultimate reason to not shop with you anymore.

Been there, done that  ...
http://www.head-fi.org/t/541976/s-flo2-teclast-t51-three-dead-daps-see-how-they-failed

Jul 6, 2015 at 4:10 PM Post #40 of 40
Zombie-ing this thread...

Can anyone who's used MP4Nation give me an idea of what their tracking info is all about? Is is actually supposed to work? Or is it just a cursory thing that never functions, and I shouldn't sweat it?

My tracking number didn't work when I first received the shipping confirmation, and six days in, it still brings up a "Not Found" message... Am I screwed from day one, ha ha?

Will suck if I get burned, but hey... I actually went into a purchase from them with eyes open, knowing many head-fier's had bad experiences... Three reasons for this:

1. It seems to be the only place US buyers can pick up the Brainwavez HM5 angled pads
2. Time isn't really an issue in terms of when I receive them, and most of the bad reports I read concerned items being very late due to customs, but arriving eventually.
3. The amount is small, and I paid via Paypal, so there's really no gamble... I may not get the pads, but I'll get my money back. Especially since they can't provide working tracking info.

On a side note... Dunno if this has been discussed before, but it appears Brainwavez and MP4Nation are one and the same... At least based off an email response I got from Brainwavez... I was asking how US buyers can pick up their angled pads, and they said there was no US-based retailers, but:

"Please note that you can buy them from our website www.mp4nation.net. We do offer free shipping world wide."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back