Mutec USB Interfaces: MC-1.2 & MC-3+ Smart Clock USB
Nov 17, 2020 at 11:07 AM Post #16 of 44
I like my MC3+ USB
I am feeding it Amazon Music HD's 192k 24bit output from my MacBook Pro
via (long!) 5 meter Furutech Formula 2 Type A to Type B USB Cable (using a USB A-C adapter)
I output AES from the MC3+ USB via a 110 ohm XLR cable
Into a the AES in on a Grace Designs M902 headphone / speaker pre amp
Feeding self powered ADAM A5X speakers + a sub

I have read the clock can get tighter with multiple MC3+ USB so I am toying with the idea of getting another one..

Nov 18, 2020 at 1:08 PM Post #17 of 44
Oh.. such an old thread, but you mentioned my lovely MC-3 + so I can't miss this. I remeber how surprised I was when I heard about the device witch combines an audiophile USB interface with an audio re-clocker. I tried to find more info, but couldn't so me and some of my friend bought it. If you own this device it's extremely necessary not to lose Mutec MC-3+ Smart Clock user manual, so take it: http://mutec.manymanuals.com/audio/mc-3-smart-clock/user-manual-28822 and I also would like to mention that it's compatible with windows OS. I had win7 then, and now I have win10 and mutec is compatible with both.

Nov 18, 2020 at 5:20 PM Post #18 of 44
Would an external word lock improve it? What would be a good one to try?

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2020 at 10:21 AM Post #19 of 44
I have one on the way.. Will report back...

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2021 at 4:38 PM Post #20 of 44
I picked up one of these and I'm getting occasional USB dropouts. Once every ten or twenty minutes it drops and reconnects quickly. Anybody see this? The firmware is 1.11, not sure it's even available for download.

Jan 6, 2021 at 11:59 AM Post #23 of 44
Do you mean a digital "plop"?
No, I mean the device disappears as far as Windows is concerned. Then it reconnects quickly. All happens within a second or two.

Jan 6, 2021 at 1:46 PM Post #24 of 44
No, I mean the device disappears as far as Windows is concerned. Then it reconnects quickly. All happens within a second or two.

Did you try another USB cable? I know it doesn't make much sense but out of my 3 USB cables i have one that when connected to the MC3 makes consistenly every 2 minutes a short digital plopping while the others don't do. On it's own the cable seems to work fine.

Jan 6, 2021 at 2:37 PM Post #25 of 44
Did you try another USB cable? I know it doesn't make much sense but out of my 3 USB cables i have one that when connected to the MC3 makes consistenly every 2 minutes a short digital plopping while the others don't do. On it's own the cable seems to work fine.
Thanks, I think it does make sense and I believe it is the cable. I don't know if I have another one long enough but I have ordered a new one and I'll scrounge through my parts bin over the weekend. I believe I read reports that even the cable included with the unit isn't any good but I didn't try it since it is not long enough.

I have a few ideas but I want to solve the issue conclusively.

Jan 12, 2021 at 11:40 AM Post #26 of 44
Furutech usb cables work well for me.

Up to 5 meters no issues.

Jan 12, 2021 at 12:27 PM Post #27 of 44
Furutech usb cables work well for me.

Up to 5 meters no issues.
I am using the charging port on the PC now and so far no dropouts after a couple of albums with my normal 5m cable. Thanks guys.

Jan 12, 2021 at 3:58 PM Post #28 of 44
5m is a lot to expect from usb IMHO.

Jan 12, 2021 at 4:01 PM Post #29 of 44
5m is a lot to expect from usb IMHO.
Yeah but you just wrote up to five meters no issues. So put down the bottle and lemme know which it is :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back