Music of the 2000's and 2010's
Dec 14, 2020 at 12:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 85

ADUHF

Headphoneus Supremus
Post music, artists, albums, etc. from the first two decades of the new millennium.

Post as much or as often as you like here. But please try to put each video or audio clip (if that's what you're posting) in a separate post to keep things more manageable. And try to use official or authorized versions whenever possible, so the links don't get broken.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2020 at 5:41 PM Post #2 of 85
The genre is totally up to you btw. Could be jazz, rock, country, classical, R&B, pop, blues, folk, hip-hop, techno, funk, or maybe something more off the beaten path.

These two articles don't cover classical, avant garde or blues music, but they give an overview of some of the more popular genres in the last two decades, in both the US and elsewhere...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2000s_in_music
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010s_in_music

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2020 at 1:10 AM Post #4 of 85
Very nice start. Thank you fractus2.

I was very much into Latin music during much of the 2000's, and the 2010's as well. And was an early J Balvin fan among other things...

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2020 at 1:51 AM Post #6 of 85
Also Romanian music. Emil & Caitlyn were one of my favorite duos for a brief time. They did some very fun punchy dance tracks together for awhile, like this one...

Dec 15, 2020 at 3:16 AM Post #8 of 85
There were several Russian and Ukrainian artists I liked also, including Anna Sedokova, MakSim, Vera Brezhneva, and notably Vintage (Винтаж) ft. Anna Pletnyova.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2020 at 11:45 AM Post #10 of 85
Duos and collaborations were also a prominent theme in alot of the music I listened to from this era, esp in the Latin genre. But also in hip-hop, and in some Balkan and East European music.

Many of the early reggaeton groups were duos, for example. And often consisted of a singer and a rapper. While in Europe, the collaborations would often tend to be more between a specific DJ or producer, and a singer. Emil & Caitlyn, and Vintage with Anna Pletnyova & Alexey Romanov are two examples. But there are others, including Andrea & Costi, DJ Sava & Raluka (and Carine, Misha...), and Inna with the producing team of Play & Win.

Collaborations between different groups and different singers were also quite common in the more popular folk-related genres in the Balkans.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2020 at 12:07 PM Post #11 of 85

Users who are viewing this thread

Back