Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Sep 9, 2011 at 4:54 AM Post #4,126 of 16,931

Quote:

I have a sneaking suspicion that the Miracle gives up a bit of microdetail compared to some other high-end customs because of its note thickness, though. 

Much fleshier than RE272, I'm assuming?

What are all the custom IEM's you've heard now btw?

Sep 9, 2011 at 9:54 AM Post #4,127 of 16,931

Quote:
Thanks. What is the difference between the two and what are there sound signature?

CK10 has flat response on the bass and mids, but have a very emphased high. CK100 has a upper-mid-forward signature, less emphasis on highs and slightly rolled off on bass (below 80 Hz is most noticeable IMO).
Both are very good at detail retrieval, but the CK100 has the advantage on mids and highs are very refined, allowing fatigue-free listening for hours. But CK10 presents it more in-your-face.
The CK10 sounds like it's dissecting the music, separating every instrument, making easy to focus in one instrument. The CK100 makes music sound more like a whole piece (not in a congested way, but more like a better idea of how the music should sound, if that makes sense).
When I had both with me I compared them many times, I found that the CK100 a little more rich and full, because of their mids.

Build quality on both are top notch, being the CK100 the better. CK10 is easy to drive, unlike the CK100, which needs a good source and files, I found to have synergy problems with the computer soundcard but they are perfect with the Galaxy S. They were horrible with the N95, sounding a little cold compared to the GS and pretty noisy.

Sep 9, 2011 at 10:51 AM Post #4,129 of 16,931

Quote:

Much fleshier than RE272, I'm assuming?

What are all the custom IEM's you've heard now btw?

Custom molded - only the ones reviewed in the OP. I'm going off average_joe's impressions of the Miracle demo and how I hear it in comparison to the real Miracle & universals.

The RE272 does sound thinner than the Miracle but the problem with it is a little deeper than that - it sounds a tiny bit glassy and is missing some texture in comparison.

Sep 9, 2011 at 3:26 PM Post #4,130 of 16,931
Quote:
CK10 has flat response on the bass and mids, but have a very emphased high. CK100 has a upper-mid-forward signature, less emphasis on highs and slightly rolled off on bass (below 80 Hz is most noticeable IMO).
Both are very good at detail retrieval, but the CK100 has the advantage on mids and highs are very refined, allowing fatigue-free listening for hours. But CK10 presents it more in-your-face.
The CK10 sounds like it's dissecting the music, separating every instrument, making easy to focus in one instrument. The CK100 makes music sound more like a whole piece (not in a congested way, but more like a better idea of how the music should sound, if that makes sense).
When I had both with me I compared them many times, I found that the CK100 a little more rich and full, because of their mids.

Build quality on both are top notch, being the CK100 the better. CK10 is easy to drive, unlike the CK100, which needs a good source and files, I found to have synergy problems with the computer soundcard but they are perfect with the Galaxy S. They were horrible with the N95, sounding a little cold compared to the GS and pretty noisy.

Excellent description of the CK10 and CK100. Nailed it IMO, as that's exactly how I heard them both.

Sep 9, 2011 at 4:55 PM Post #4,131 of 16,931

Quote:

Really great description of the CK10's. I found your comment about the CK10's dissecting the music to be spot on, that is precisely how I heard them. They allowed you to analyze your music to a degree I have never experienced before or since. Now granted this wasn't the most musical or outright fun thing to do however it was quite an astonishing feeling/sensation.

This was particularly noticeable and stunning on acoustic tracks where there was this almost sublime realism to it. I have not experience acoustic Eric Clapton like I did with the CK10's thanks to their separation and ability to display sound in a spacious environment.

Sep 9, 2011 at 5:50 PM Post #4,132 of 16,931
Thanks for the comments.

I was going to buy one ER4 but later I thought that would be similar to the CK10, then I gave up. Now that I sold the CK10, I missed its highs a bit, but I'm quite satisfied with the CK100.
Now I want to go to customs only to get more detail and better isolation.
[Maybe will take a long time, but I'm pretty sure that I will have 3 CIEMs: IERM, MG6Pro and C435 (FitEar). These IEMs should be amazing!]

Sep 9, 2011 at 6:29 PM Post #4,133 of 16,931
Just posting a photo of the IEM (since I don't know if I'm allowed to post a photo here, I put only the link).
biggrin.gif

CK100

Sep 9, 2011 at 6:59 PM Post #4,134 of 16,931
I swear, both the CK10 and CK100 look edible. They should put a disclaimer on the box to keep listeners like myself from chewing on them from time to time. Mmm... Audio Technica's... 

Sep 9, 2011 at 7:47 PM Post #4,137 of 16,931

Quote:
I swear, both the CK10 and CK100 look edible. They should put a disclaimer on the box to keep listeners like myself from chewing on them from time to time. Mmm... Audio Technica's... 

For me they have a tasty signature, lol.

Sep 10, 2011 at 12:55 AM Post #4,138 of 16,931
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back