Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
May 23, 2014 at 5:34 PM Post #13,683 of 16,931
I want to upgrade in quality from my Shure SE 215 Special Edition.. With around the same price! What do you suggest me? RHA MA750 is an upgrade? I want something very natural with sub bass

May 24, 2014 at 1:13 AM Post #13,684 of 16,931
Joker, I'm a vsonic GR07BE user, never pulled the trigger on the dunu 1000 since it seems is not a clear upgrade, now I'm thinking to get the dunu 2000, do you think they are a clear upgrade to the vsonic?

Cheers

Really depends on what type of improvement you're looking for. The DN-2000 has an advantage in bass depth and treble smoothness, the note presentation is a little thicker, and the soundstage is a little more even in depth and width. However, I don't think there's any improvement in clarity or bass control over the GR07BE.

I bought my BA-200 over a year ago back when Amazon had them at $120.00 GLAD I did! I never thought to compare them with my HD-600s. Now that you said that they come COMPARE to the HD-600's it's no wonder why I love my BA-200's so much! I also have a set of Senn IE-7s and while sounding different I am enjoying those a lot too!

ljokerl: To get much better sound IF I read correctly on your review I am looking at over $400 for a westone W40 or a custom IEM like the CT-200? I am just not sure its worth the extra money for marginally better sound. There are those that can drop the extra money like that but I can not. If I am going to spend in that range or more or even a little bit less it has to be a rather significant difference. Yes I know sound is relative but I can tell you, when I went to the BA-200s from say the AstroTec AM-800s it was a WOW moment and that that time it was $50 to $120!
It is much harder for me to say which I like better of the IE7 vs. the BA-200 but that is different question... ( The Only 2 IEMs I own )

It really depends on what type of improvement you're after. The W40 and CT-200 have some advantages over the BA200 but they also make some concessions. Foe example, the BA200 has more accurate and extended bass than both of those. Diminishing returns are in play here - the difference between the AM-800 and BA200 is indeed larger. 

just got myself a hisound crystal , for just $24 , these are fabulous !! better then anything at this price !! just want to thank JOKER for this effort for people .

Very impressive price, I've always liked these. Definitely think they're on-par with the SE215 and others. 

I want to upgrade in quality from my Shure SE 215 Special Edition.. With around the same price! What do you suggest me? RHA MA750 is an upgrade? I want something very natural with sub bass

Really depends on what you're looking to improve on and what you're willing to give up. The MA750 has stronger, deeper bass than the SE215 and a nice, warm sound but it has a little less midrange prominence and a little more lower treble. The EPH-100 from Yamaha is another one priced similarly with fantastic subbass and warm overall sound. 

May 24, 2014 at 8:00 AM Post #13,686 of 16,931
Really depends on what you're looking to improve on and what you're willing to give up. The MA750 has stronger, deeper bass than the SE215 and a nice, warm sound but it has a little less midrange prominence and a little more lower treble. The EPH-100 from Yamaha is another one priced similarly with fantastic subbass and warm overall sound. 

I need something more natural and detailed, like Martin Logan Mikros 90.. Per hapa the Mikros 70 could be the answer? Or something like RHA?

Thank you for the answer. :)

May 24, 2014 at 9:32 AM Post #13,687 of 16,931
I need something more natural and detailed, like Martin Logan Mikros 90.. Per hapa the Mikros 70 could be the answer? Or something like RHA?

Thank you for the answer.
smily_headphones1.gif

hmm , ety hf-5 .

May 24, 2014 at 11:37 AM Post #13,688 of 16,931

smily_headphones1.gif

Depending on your budget, Etymotic HF5 or Er4s can be the answer.

May 24, 2014 at 1:01 PM Post #13,689 of 16,931

hmm , ety hf-5 .

Depending on your budget, Etymotic HF5 or Er4s can be the answer.

Why Etymotic HF5? They look very beautiful and good quality build, but the sound? What's the main differences? They lack the bass like lot of people say or it's a problem of fit?

P.S. my budget is 100€

May 24, 2014 at 1:54 PM Post #13,690 of 16,931

Why Etymotic HF5? They look very beautiful and good quality build, but the sound? What's the main differences? They lack the bass like lot of people say or it's a problem of fit?

P.S. my budget is 100€

It is a problem fit. It is not bass-light by any means.

May 24, 2014 at 5:20 PM Post #13,691 of 16,931

smily_headphones1.gif

Not sure about the Martin Logan sets - haven't tried them. Bass-heavy earphones typically don't have the best detail, with some exceptions. Ultra-detailed sets like the Etys mentioned above won't have as much bass enhancement as a set of SE215s, never mind the MA750. Hybrid sets such as the Dunu DN-1000 can be the answer, but they're pricier. 

May 24, 2014 at 11:09 PM Post #13,693 of 16,931

P.S. my budget is 100€

may be re-400 if fitting is a problem for you , boy is that phone ? it is indeed . but i liked hf5 too , yes low on bass , but details are going no where .

May 25, 2014 at 3:26 AM Post #13,694 of 16,931
So I have a question, hope it's not off topic.

I have a set of Vsonic GR07 that I really really love, the review in this thread sealed the deal on those and I am really grateful for that.

I am currently looking for a pair of over-ear headphones to complement the IEMs and give my poor ear canals the occasional break.

I would describe the GR07 as very articulate throughout the frequency range. In particular I love how it reproduce and allow transients to really come through, aggressively so. They don't feel compressed or held back.

Does anyone know of an over-ear headphone with a similar sound to the GR07s? Very dynamically articulate that can aggressively spit transients at you to the very top of the range, and a bit dry/fast, with a balanced overall FR (ie, not constantly bright-sounding, just able to reproduce bright drum peaks and such when called for? Preferably I would not want something that smooths the surface down and limits micro-articulation.

Any tips from anyone would be very appreciated, hopefully others loving the GR07 might benefit from some similarly oriented full-sized cans aswell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back