Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
May 11, 2014 at 4:18 AM Post #13,591 of 16,931
Is the Triple.Fi 10 still available? I thought I read somewhere that they're discontinued so I lost interest in them. If they're still available I'll check them out again.

May 11, 2014 at 5:04 AM Post #13,592 of 16,931
Guys anyone here having nad viso HP 50 headphone, can suggest me a similar sounding IEM specially for highs, I have hifiman re400, shure se215, etymotic hf5 and klipsch x7i, out of these I like hifiman re400 but highs and not at par with hp50

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

May 11, 2014 at 2:21 PM Post #13,595 of 16,931
If the Triple.Fi is indeed discontinued I see little value in giving priority to review it but fortunately it's not my call :wink:

May 11, 2014 at 2:28 PM Post #13,596 of 16,931
  Yeah, I had no clue they would make them as universals until someone posted pictures of theirs in the 1964 Ears V6 thread.  When you place your order just put the word "Universal" in the comment section.

My order went in the queue along with all of the others and took a bit over a month to get.  They offer a rush fee to move to the front of the line if time is more important than money (it's about a week from what I've read).

They do sound great and getting to design how they look is pretty cool too.

There is a $25 discount from list price on 1964 Ears Customs to go universal - and yes they take as long to make as customs because you get to design them (colors - artwork, etc..) like you would a custom. The rush fee (which increased from $99 to $199 recently) get them done in 6 business days. They come with the same 2 year warranty as their customs. I am enjoying my V8's. An 8 driver universal for $775 ($875 soon, as $899 is MSRP) was too good to pass up.

May 11, 2014 at 7:49 PM Post #13,598 of 16,931
  hey man please do a Chord & Major in ear review they looks good.. check it out..

Never heard of them. Interesting designs.

If the Triple.Fi is indeed discontinued I see little value in giving priority to review it but fortunately it's not my call
wink.gif

This is why I have neglected to give it one.

May 11, 2014 at 8:51 PM Post #13,599 of 16,931
Joker,
I recently got the Astrotec AX-35 a couple days ago as my first pair of Hybrid IEMs. From your short impressions you liked it enough to make a full review on it.
I was wondering if you can give a quick impression on it now that you've had it for quite a while and how it compares with other hybrids in its price range and up (specifically the DN-1000). What will I gain with the step up, and if it's worth it.
I tried different tips from Sony hybrid to VSonic (colorful) hybrids and their regular black silicone. I find the Sony and colorful VSonics to make the highs uncomfortable/annoying (maybe the smaller bore of the tips vs nozzle causes harmonics issues) and the VSonic black tips to be the best because it has similar bore size as stock but a little firmer.
Thanks.

May 12, 2014 at 3:28 PM Post #13,601 of 16,931

If you can reach up in price a bit more it might be worth considering a universal build of the V6-Stage.  I owned both the SM64 and W4 for over a year and almost always listened to the SM64 for the stronger bass and lack of veil in the mids.  Since my V6-Stage universals arrived a couple of months ago I've sold the W4 and used the SM64 maybe 2 or 3 times.  Compared to the SM64, the V6-Stage bass has a bit less emphasis but extends lower while also being tighter and better controlled. The mids are a bit more forward with excellent tonal accuracy (the piano sounds spot on), along with highs having greater extension and plenty of sparkle.  Like the SM64 the V6-Stage gives a cohesive and coherent presentation across the frequency spectrum for a very natural and realistic sound.  The level of detail presented by the V6-Stage is very noticeably ahead of the SM64 (or W4).  Joker rates the V6-Stage quite high and they regularly wow me!

Last year 1964 Ears had a Memorial weekend sale that included the V6 (the Stage had not yet been released), so there may be a good opportunity in a few weeks to save some money on a fantastic set of headphones.

Sounds perfect. I didn't know they could be universal, I figured custom only. I wonder if the universals would be 4-5 weeks? I have a trip late June. Thanks again

1964 ears have universals too ?

If you email and enquire about the universals they may send you a discount code for $25 off.  At least that's what they did with me.  It was only the fear of taxes (I'm in UK) that stopped me ordering a pair of v6 universals.  I still think about it from time to time.  Maybe if that Memorial day sale happens this year I might just pull the trigger then (or not).

May 12, 2014 at 10:54 PM Post #13,603 of 16,931
Joker,
I recently got the Astrotec AX-35 a couple days ago as my first pair of Hybrid IEMs. From your short impressions you liked it enough to make a full review on it.
I was wondering if you can give a quick impression on it now that you've had it for quite a while and how it compares with other hybrids in its price range and up (specifically the DN-1000). What will I gain with the step up, and if it's worth it.
I tried different tips from Sony hybrid to VSonic (colorful) hybrids and their regular black silicone. I find the Sony and colorful VSonics to make the highs uncomfortable/annoying (maybe the smaller bore of the tips vs nozzle causes harmonics issues) and the VSonic black tips to be the best because it has similar bore size as stock but a little firmer.
Thanks.

It's the next review up for completion - should be done in a day or two. The touchy treble is one of its few flaws but on the whole I still think it's very good for $70-80. I'm using it with Comply T400s - they seem to dampen the treble peaks somewhat. Still, even at its best I don't think the AX-35 competes with the DN-1000 in bass (either quantity or quality) and clarity, and doesn't sound quite as natural in terms of note thickness and overall tonality.

Granted, bass and clarity are the two things the DN-1000 does extremely well, but that's what makes it a worthwhile step up from the AX-35. The Astrotecs don't have the greatest bass depth and can't match the explosive, dynamic nature of the DN-1000's bass. Despite the relatively bright signature, the AX-35 also still can sound a little muddy in the midrange while the DN-1000 does not. 

I would love if joker could take a look at the Xiaomi Piston and Moxpad X3 
biggrin.gif

I plan to at least try the Piston.

May 13, 2014 at 12:09 AM Post #13,604 of 16,931
It's the next review up for completion - should be done in a day or two. The touchy treble is one of its few flaws but on the whole I still think it's very good for $70-80. I'm using it with Comply T400s - they seem to dampen the treble peaks somewhat. Still, even at its best I don't think the AX-35 competes with the DN-1000 in bass (either quantity or quality) and clarity, and doesn't sound quite as natural in terms of note thickness and overall tonality.

Granted, bass and clarity are the two things the DN-1000 does extremely well, but that's what makes it a worthwhile step up from the AX-35. The Astrotecs don't have the greatest bass depth and can't match the explosive, dynamic nature of the DN-1000's bass. Despite the relatively bright signature, the AX-35 also still can sound a little muddy in the midrange while the DN-1000 does not. 

Looking forward to it. I will be saving up for the DN-1k. The DN-2k is out of my budget, but I think I'll be happy with the 1k.

May 13, 2014 at 12:22 AM Post #13,605 of 16,931
  I plan to at least try the Piston.

That would be great, i think they are kind of hyped....
I was going to buy the Moxpad X3 but after reading your review about the MEelectronics i changed my mind...

The M6 are all the same?
This one ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/MEElectronics-Over-the-Ear-Sports-Fi-M6-First-gernation-Headset-Bulk-Package-/130982442462?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item1e7f2975de) have "first generation" and the others don`t, i don`t care about caring bag, box or others stuff, just need the earphones and the eartips...

I`ll be waiting your answer to buy the clear one, they looks so great.

--

frown.gif
 forget about it, they don`t ship to Brazil, and the others that ship are very expensive... i think i will stay with the Moxpad for now.

And Joker btw, yours and ClieOS reviews are one of the most referred reviews on Brazil, keep the great job. 
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back