Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
May 8, 2014 at 11:47 AM Post #13,562 of 16,931
A friend of mine needs new iems for cycling. I know that it is dangerous, but he will use some anyways. So something that is not affected by wind and cable noise. Any recommendations?

May 8, 2014 at 12:12 PM Post #13,563 of 16,931
My ue600's should get here today. Now the wait..
popcorn.gif

these are the best budget phones to me .

May 8, 2014 at 1:52 PM Post #13,565 of 16,931
  It's not a review - just a quick short comparison. Anyway, no offence taken. I know that joker will be receiving them soon or received them already and that's why I'm asking him - not because I need someone to tell me whether what I hear is right but for the other members like you coz I know people will be waiting for someone like joker to greenlight them.

Well, I got ta' tell you.....they do have a good look to them. I took a look at several Chinese websites and it kind of reminded me of the "SoundMAGIC ES20" IEM's. It would be interesting to get these Philips just to compare both, since I do carry these in my batch of IEM's.

They're very solid, too! With a pretty wide soundstage.

I don't recall seeing these in Joker's list, though. 
confused.gif

Here's a quick pick.....

.....So many red lights, we're all waiting for the green. 
biggrin.gif

May 8, 2014 at 1:56 PM Post #13,566 of 16,931
  Well, I got ta' tell you.....they do have a good look to them. I took a look at several Chinese websites and it kind of reminded me of the "SoundMAGIC ES20" IEM's. It would be interesting to get these Philips just to compare both, since I do carry these in my batch of IEM's.

confused.gif

Here's a quick pick.....

biggrin.gif

i think you should try memorex ie400 , i picked 4 , at various prices , lowest being $8 .

May 8, 2014 at 2:01 PM Post #13,568 of 16,931

confused.gif

Here's a quick pick.....

biggrin.gif

The new philips tx2 is definitely quite good. Also I have to say that for that short tx2/pistons comparison I used for a first time the Dr. Chesky's Ultimate Headphone Demonstration Disk and while in the past I have also used binaural albums for the soundstage part of my impressions, this album is definitely useful.

May 8, 2014 at 3:51 PM Post #13,569 of 16,931
A friend of mine needs new iems for cycling. I know that it is dangerous, but he will use some anyways. So something that is not affected by wind and cable noise. Any recommendations?

Pfe112 is best for that purposes but your friend needs a powerful source to get the best of PFEs. The cheapest option may be a Philips 3590 if he/she likes a V shape sound.

May 8, 2014 at 7:23 PM Post #13,570 of 16,931
Joker.. <3 thank you 
the UE600's are 
eek.gif
 <-- that good
I am loving them so far and will continue to. 
Also, idk why, but the cable on my right ear won't stay over. This always happens with IEM's and it's kinda frustrating when I'm trying to sleep. Any ideas as the the cause? Probably my ear shape.

Sidenote: Are high volumes bad for the BA drivers? I want these to last a while so I am trying to baby them.

-Seb

May 8, 2014 at 9:58 PM Post #13,573 of 16,931
  Lol, 50 - 75% is my max. I wanna know if that's bad. I should have specified what loud is for me :p

for me ue 600 is loud enough , louder then 85% of my phones , only a few like she9850 , eb110 are louder then it .

May 8, 2014 at 10:57 PM Post #13,574 of 16,931
Which one wins in SQ Philips 3590 or monoprice 8320?

Depends on what you want – more mid-centric with punchy but not very emphasized bass – Monoprice.  Slightly v-shaped with a good amount of bass – the 3590. I tend to prefer the Philips.

Joker, I want buy a JH13 Pro Freqphase, but I´m afraid of It sounds lean.  Does sounds it more thinner than Philips SHE3580? For me, the sonorous body of SHE3580 is appropriate.

Could you also compare the JH13 Pro FP with SM3?

I´m thinking of buy the JH Roxanne instead of JH13 Pro FP, but I don´t know if it's worth...

Thank you!

It is not leaner than the SHE3580 but it doesn’t have the lush fullness of the SM3, either. The SM3 has emphasis on the lower mids and lack of presence in the upper mids, which gives it that sound. The JH13 does not suffer from a lower midrange bias.

I haven’t had a chance to try the Roxanne yet.

Hello joker. What iem would you recommend that has good soundstage? I like a warm+sweet sound but soundstage is the top priority and isolation. My budget is limited to 70dollars. And I'm leaning towards t-peos d202(not the round cable), sony xba-1, meelec m9, tdk eb950. Or if you have any suggestions, that would be great. But i hope your suggestion are easy to find in the Philippines. Thanks!

Sony MH1C would probably be my pick for that type of sound. Isolation is not bad and it’s got a warm sound with good soundstaging. Not sure if it’s available in your region. The D-202 should be good as well if it's similar to my D200R, but I would still pick the MH1C over it for that type of sound.

Really? The philips tx2 is 40 bucks and has quite a bit better soundstage than the pistons and not just size-wise.

Btw, joker, did you get the tx1 and tx2 already? 

Yep, they’re very impressive (and quite similar to each other..). Very spacious, like you said. They'll be getting a full InnerFidelity piece. 

Depends on the price range – my go-to  is the meelec M6 at about $20-30. I've worn them for dozens of hours on a bike.

what do you guys think about ath-ckx9 ?

I have the CKX5. Supposedly the higher-end CKX models are tuned for more bass. The CKX5 already has more than enough bass for me. I really like the fit of these, though, it’s very secure in the ear.

Also, idk why, but the cable on my right ear won't stay over. This always happens with IEM's and it's kinda frustrating when I'm trying to sleep. Any ideas as the the cause? Probably my ear shape.

Using the cable cinch should help.

Sidenote: Are high volumes bad for the BA drivers? I want these to last a while so I am trying to baby them.

If your volume is so loud that the armatures are distorting, probably. Otherwise it's worse for your ears than the earphones, like Francisk said.

May 8, 2014 at 11:19 PM Post #13,575 of 16,931
   I have the CKX5. Supposedly the higher-end CKX models are tuned for more bass. The CKX5 already has more than enough bass for me. I really like the fit of these, though, it’s very secure in the ear.

are you sure ? they use different driver , ckx5 is 8mm , ckx9 is 13 mm , still thanks .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back