Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Apr 5, 2014 at 12:10 PM Post #13,352 of 16,931
Nope. I actually tested the ossicle out haha. Cable is thicker than the plug. The plug housing is about as long as the plug and 3x the diameter. The outside part that someone can see when it's in the ear is flat except where it tapers in at the bottom a bit and the edges are a bit rounded. It's glossy black plastic that is reflective and no logo.

To be honest, except the most exact proportions, my rendering is reasonably accurate so if someone had seen it before, they would probably know off the bat.

Thanks for taking a shot!

Flat = Faceplate = Definitely Custom? 
smile.gif

Apr 5, 2014 at 12:11 PM Post #13,353 of 16,931
That could be a number of IEMs. What came to mind are EarSonics. Or even Westone.

Edit: by the way, great drawing.

Haha thanks!

I don't think it's earsonics from what I've seen but I'll take a look. I've provided more description in responses above.

It's definitely not westone unless their new models are radically different in shape and design. Also, not a braided cable :D

Nah, they don't use mmcx connectors. Judging by the connector and the plug it was probably a shure iem.

Nope housing is too boxy for the Shure style. Also, in case anyone is wondering, it's not translucent or transparent.

Flat = Faceplate = Definitely Custom? :smile:

I'm leaning toward but It didn't look like any custom I'd ever seen. It looked like a machined and designed body, one piece, rounded edges but flat sides. It wasn't a faceplate in the strictest sense and it actually tapered in at the bottom toward the ear, unlike most customs. And the housing where the plug is only extended about halfway as far as the bottom part.

Joker: let me know if you want me to take this to a separate thread. I just wanted to see if maybe you or one of the many that have seen a ton of IEMs here would recognize it before as something common before I started a stupid separate thread.

Apr 5, 2014 at 2:50 PM Post #13,354 of 16,931
Anyone know what the IEM depicted below is? It looks like a black glossy plastic pebble and a unique plug with a fat-ish glossy cable. I saw someone wearing it and was intrigued since it didn't have a logo. I'm guessing it was a universal... Just curious.

Perhaps a StageDiver with black (aftermarket) cable? (x2 on great drawing)

Edit: take a look at this post.

Apr 5, 2014 at 3:22 PM Post #13,356 of 16,931
Anyone know what the IEM depicted below is? It looks like a black glossy plastic pebble and a unique plug with a fat-ish glossy cable. I saw someone wearing it and was intrigued since it didn't have a logo. I'm guessing it was a universal... Just curious.

Interesting. Honestly, not a clue... black ergonomic-fit IEMs makes me think Westone or Earsonics but those are more rounded except for the original SM2 (which uses a non-detachable braided cable). Doesn't really look like a StageDiver to me, especially the way (angle) the cable attaches to the housing.                                

Apr 5, 2014 at 5:23 PM Post #13,358 of 16,931
Perhaps a StageDiver with black (aftermarket) cable? (x2 on great drawing)

Edit: take a look at this post.

Thanks re: the drawing!

Nope, not the SD2. More... Industrial, less organic.

The SD2 very much looks like a pebble though. I'd say it was a bit less... substantial looking in material, less stone more nice plastic machined inorganic stone haha.

x2

Is this your card?

Nope. But that picture helped with making sure no.

Thanks too!

Interesting. Honestly, not a clue... black ergonomic-fit IEMs makes me think Westone or Earsonics but those are more rounded except for the original SM2 (which uses a non-detachable braided cable). Doesn't really look like a StageDiver to me, especially the way (angle) the cable attaches to the housing.                                

Similar-ish to an original sm2 in all black, but slicker more well built looking. The shape of where the connector attaches to the body is the right proportion though.

It's just interesting because it looked like a well built, likely pricy, IEM that I had not seen, in the US.

Probably a mix between a black Audio Technica IM line mixed with the original SM2, no logo.

Fit looked almost custom good on the guy if not for the universal touches in design.

I'm just very curious haha.

Apr 5, 2014 at 10:01 PM Post #13,360 of 16,931
It also looks like one of those VSonic concepts

Hi, between the Phonak PFE 112 and the Vsonic VC1000, which would be the better option? I can't decide which one to get. 

Thanks in advance :)

Personally I'd go for the VC1000. I love the sound of these, and the price is right. The only thing that might tip it the other way is if you were more comfortable with the shallower fit of the Phonaks.

Apr 6, 2014 at 4:15 AM Post #13,361 of 16,931
Hi, Joker!
Based on your reviews, I bought the VSD1s to friend, who was looking for a good budget IEM. I tried them and was really surprised.
I like VSD1s more than my TF10!
In comparison, I liked the more balanced, more natural sound, less V-shaped and airy sound  of the dinamic VSD1s, but the most important thing to me was that the VSD1s is more pleasant to listen to at higher volume. TF10 hights sounds too edgy/harsh (don't know the right description) to me at higher volume. VSD1s is less edgy, but still a bit.
So, which dinamic IEM's would be an upgrade to VSD1s? Bass is important to me, notably deep sub-bass. Like, if In-Ears can reach the lowest lows. (If the record asks to)
Thanks and sorry about my english. :wink:

Apr 6, 2014 at 11:15 AM Post #13,362 of 16,931
Hi Joker, will you ever review the UE Reference Monitor?(forget it, looks like you reviewed the demo here  I had a chance to listen in on the demo at the NY meet yesterday, and I thought they were fantastic.

Edit:looks like Joker reviewed a demo unit.

Apr 6, 2014 at 11:29 AM Post #13,363 of 16,931
  Hi Joker, will you ever review the UE Reference Monitor?(forget it, looks like you reviewed the demo here  I had a change to listen in on the demo at the NY meet yesterday, and I thought they were fantastic.

Edit:looks like Joker reviewed a demo unit.

Here you go  
smile.gif

http://theheadphonelist.com/short-impressions-ultimate-ears-reference-monitor-uerm-demo/

Apr 6, 2014 at 11:36 AM Post #13,364 of 16,931
I hope I made the right decision with the NT6, since I ordered them already.  Reference Monitor demo was pretty amazing though.  If I didn't have NT6 on order, I would have ordered it from UE right on the spot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back