Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Apr 1, 2014 at 1:54 PM Post #13,336 of 16,931
what is it with all those flat-cable iems? instead of progressing, manufacturers are moving backwards?

Tangle a bit less than thinner cables. The main crowd seems to focus a lot on the 5 seconds it takes to unwind a pair of iems instead of the 2h of listening. But it looks kind of good and flashy if you're into the plasticky look instead of a classy, potentially pretentious braided cable with a wooden chin slider.

Apr 2, 2014 at 12:41 AM Post #13,338 of 16,931
Hi joker, how's the t-peos d-202 compared to the t-peos tank? Which one is better?

And have you tried the nuforce ne-600x ? How does it compare with the other two?

I only have the D200R - is that the same as the D202? If so based on only a few hours of listening I'd say I prefer it to the Tank. I haven't tried the NE-600X.

Joker, it would be awsome if the companies can provide lots of DAPs and sources to you for review.  I would be looking forward to your iem sources comparison.  What is your best source at the moment?

popcorn.gif

I use the HiFiMan HM-901 with IEM card. In terms of sound quality I have no complaints.

ljokerl, Is there any chance to review the Roxanne in the near future? 
rolleyes.gif

Have you auditioned the Roxanne's yet by any chance?

I haven't tried the Roxanne but I may be able to get a loaner of the universal version in the near future.

Apr 2, 2014 at 10:16 PM Post #13,339 of 16,931
Joker, are there any plans to take a look at the Dita Audio 'Answer' IEMs?

Apr 4, 2014 at 11:55 AM Post #13,340 of 16,931
  Joker, are there any plans to take a look at the Dita Audio 'Answer' IEMs?

I hadn't even heard of them until quite recently. No plans yet, maybe in the future.

Apr 4, 2014 at 10:41 PM Post #13,342 of 16,931
  Quick question: For well-recorded classical music, which of these VSonic earphones would present a 'closer to live' sound: The VC02, the VSD1 or the VSD1S?

The VC02 is the most flat/neutral of the three if that’s what you’re after. I personally like the slightly fuller bass of the VSD1S – it doesn’t sound unnatural to me – but it’s not reference-flat for sure.

Apr 4, 2014 at 11:41 PM Post #13,343 of 16,931
Anyone know what the IEM depicted below is? It looks like a black glossy plastic pebble and a unique plug with a fat-ish glossy cable. I saw someone wearing it and was intrigued since it didn't have a logo. I'm guessing it was a universal... Just curious.

Apr 5, 2014 at 1:40 AM Post #13,345 of 16,931
It looks like an Audio Technica IM in-ear.
Anyone know what the IEM depicted below is? It looks like a black glossy plastic pebble and a unique plug with a fat-ish glossy cable. I saw someone wearing it and was intrigued since it didn't have a logo. I'm guessing it was a universal... Just curious.

Apr 5, 2014 at 5:59 AM Post #13,346 of 16,931
Hi Ljokerl,
I want to thank you immensely once more. I pereodically look over your comparison threads (and have a great deal of fun with them) and today i found the inear stagedivers which i otherwise would have never stumbled upon. I live in europe and a lot of the other products are often difficult to get (especially with added customs time shipping and taxes) but with the inear i got lucky. I am still carefully going over them versus the sm64 but i think the stagediver 3 will  win out.
I had seen your reviews of the ie800 and the re600 on innerfidelity and i think you also mention hte model a few times int his thread. I was wondering when they will be added as their own entries?
Also I saw you mention the westone es5 a few times. I am pretty interested in how it compares to the jh13 and if it will get its own entry too?
I am pretty interested to see how the ie800 compares to other dynamics (dynamics are my favourite) like the inears but also to the top model from akg obviously.
Thanks again for the great and continuing work! Its always a joy to see that new entries have been added and after all this time i really know what i am looking for and of your descriptions will match what i am looking for.
Greetings, Anouk,

Apr 5, 2014 at 11:34 AM Post #13,347 of 16,931
It looks like an Audio Technica IM in-ear.

Looked into it and while it does a bit, it wasn't.
Here are the differences from the AT IM series:

The plug housing is huge. The cylinder extended past the edges if the dudes cellphone.

Please excuse the sloppy cellphone markup.

Thanks for trying!

Apr 5, 2014 at 11:45 AM Post #13,348 of 16,931

Red Giant Ossicle A03 perhaps.
The plug looks similar too

Apr 5, 2014 at 11:57 AM Post #13,349 of 16,931

That could be a number of IEMs. What came to mind are EarSonics. Or even Westone.

Edit: by the way, great drawing.

Apr 5, 2014 at 12:06 PM Post #13,350 of 16,931
Red Giant Ossicle A03 perhaps.
The plug looks similar too

Nope. I actually tested the ossicle out haha. Cable is thicker than the plug. The plug housing is about as long as the plug and 3x the diameter. The outside part that someone can see when it's in the ear is flat except where it tapers in at the bottom a bit and the edges are a bit rounded. It's glossy black plastic that is reflective and no logo.

To be honest, except the most exact proportions, my rendering is reasonably accurate so if someone had seen it before, they would probably know off the bat.

Thanks for taking a shot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back