Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Feb 25, 2014 at 8:40 PM Post #13,051 of 16,931
Hi joker...

Have a couple of questions....

First of all i have the she3580s and they are indeed a fantastic value.... Although.... O would like to upgrade without ruining my wallet...
Until 100 euros wich iems do you recomend as great all rounders? I really like the sound sig of the philips but i also have the over ear momentums and a pair of hd25s eo something with a sound signature to any of these would be great.

I though of the rha ma750 and a couple of friends also recomended me the fidue a63 and tdk ba200.... Do any of these share a similar sound sig to what i have?

I listen to a wide variety of music but mostly indie, pop, rock and edm...

Sorry for the bother m8....

Feb 25, 2014 at 10:27 PM Post #13,052 of 16,931
  Hi ljoker,

Soundwise you rated DN-1000 same as Brainwavz B2. (9.2 SQ)
I have B2 but I was thinking to upgrade to DN-1000 mainly due to dynamic driver capabilities - bass extension - is it really worth it? Is there anything that DN-1000 does really better than B2?
Or I should ask: what is keeping the B2 to be on par with DN-1000?

BTW: have you had chance to hear / review ATH-IM70 or Zero Audio Doppio?

Thanks

If you after bass extension then sure, it’s definitely worth it. The DN-1000 does big bass much better than the B2.

See here for one of the reasons I don’t think the DN-1000 won't be an upgrade over a good TWFK set for all listeners: http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-310-iems-compared-impressions-of-t-peos-narmoo-astrotec-olasonic-p-870-02-24-14/12960#post_10276305

In the end it really depends on your requirements. If you want deep, impactful bass the DN-1000 will blow the B2 away. If you want something that’s flat across the bass and midrange, the DN-1000 isn’t it.

Hi joker...

Have a couple of questions....

First of all i have the she3580s and they are indeed a fantastic value.... Although.... O would like to upgrade without ruining my wallet...
Until 100 euros wich iems do you recomend as great all rounders? I really like the sound sig of the philips but i also have the over ear momentums and a pair of hd25s eo something with a sound signature to any of these would be great.

I though of the rha ma750 and a couple of friends also recomended me the fidue a63 and tdk ba200.... Do any of these share a similar sound sig to what i have?

I listen to a wide variety of music but mostly indie, pop, rock and edm...

Sorry for the bother m8....

I haven't spent much time with the Momentum but compared to the HD25 and SHE3580 the A63 and BA200 are quite different. The BA200 is warm but generally pretty balanced - it is more reminiscent of the Momentum than the other two. It may not be the most exciting sound for EDM but it's accurate and versatile.

The A63 is mid-forward and pretty punchy. I like but I'm not sure it can compete with the BA200 in overall SQ. It is a lot cheaper though.

The MA750 is bass-heavy and also warm, but less smooth than the BA200 and with a lot more bass power.

They are all good earphones IMO, just different, but the BA200 is my fave of the bunch. If you don't mind a pretty balanced sound and can find the BA200 in that price range, go for it.

Feb 25, 2014 at 10:52 PM Post #13,053 of 16,931
Nothing with exactly the same signature but I think a VC1000 fan would enjoy all of these:

Noble 4S - more full-bodied and a touch smoothed-over in comparison to the VC1000 but very balanced overall with a more natural timbre
JHA JH13 Pro - bassier than the VC1000 with a more exciting sound, but still extremely transparent and accurate
Hidition NT6 - a little brighter than VC1000 but otherwise probably the most similar in note presentation - an extremely clear and detailed earphone
UM Miracle - slightly more distanced in the midrange which makes the bass (est. deep bass) seem a little more prominent compared to the VC1000 and Noble 4S, but otherwise similar
1964 V6-Stage - a bit more colored than the Miracle but not too different

Thanks for the input!

What about the Westone 4? Will I find it an upgrade over the VC1000? Is there much difference on clarity and bass quantity between them? I suppose the W4 is better with the rest of the technicalities...

My main use is going to be for modern pop/rock/metal - but I don't want too much bass like the DN-1000.

And thanks again for the help!

Feb 25, 2014 at 10:58 PM Post #13,054 of 16,931
Joker, how does the sound quality of JH13 Pro compare to Sennheiser HD600 or HD800? I know this is not a very fair comparison due to CIEM vs open headphones but in terms of neutral/natural good sound quality, which do you think is the winner here? I know for wide sound staging the open headphones are definitely winners here but what about sound quality? Thanks in advance.

Feb 26, 2014 at 12:20 AM Post #13,056 of 16,931
Thanks for the input!

What about the Westone 4? Will I find it an upgrade over the VC1000? Is there much difference on clarity and bass quantity between them? I suppose the W4 is better with the rest of the technicalities...

My main use is going to be for modern pop/rock/metal - but I don't want too much bass like the DN-1000.

And thanks again for the help!

Doubtful - if anything, the VC1000 has better clarity, albeit less bass and note thickness. More of a sidegrade than an upgrade, really. 

Joker, how does the sound quality of JH13 Pro compare to Sennheiser HD600 or HD800? I know this is not a very fair comparison due to CIEM vs open headphones but in terms of neutral/natural good sound quality, which do you think is the winner here? I know for wide sound staging the open headphones are definitely winners here but what about sound quality? Thanks in advance.

I only have extensive experience with the HD600. To me it is a neutral, slightly warm(ish), very smooth headphone. The JH13 is more exciting, with slightly hyped-up midbass and treble. I generally prefer IEMs for how easy they make it to discern fine detail but the HD600 is my favorite full-size headphone. I don't think either has a clear upper hand here. 

Will you be covering the Aurisonics Rockets when they become available next month? Curious to see where they land on your list. 

I'm not sure, I was supposed to review the other Aurisonics sets but they never materialized. We'll see. 

Feb 26, 2014 at 4:00 AM Post #13,058 of 16,931
If you after bass extension then sure, it’s definitely worth it. The DN-1000 does big bass much better than the B2.

See here for one of the reasons I don’t think the DN-1000 won't be an upgrade over a good TWFK set for all listeners: [COLOR=800080]http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-310-iems-compared-impressions-of-t-peos-narmoo-astrotec-olasonic-p-870-02-24-14/12960#post_10276305[/color]

In the end it really depends on your requirements. If you want deep, impactful bass the DN-1000 will blow the B2 away. If you want something that’s flat across the bass and midrange, the DN-1000 isn’t it.

I haven't spent much time with the Momentum but compared to the HD25 and SHE3580 the A63 and BA200 are quite different. The BA200 is warm but generally pretty balanced - it is more reminiscent of the Momentum than the other two. It may not be the most exciting sound for EDM but it's accurate and versatile.

The A63 is mid-forward and pretty punchy. I like but I'm not sure it can compete with the BA200 in overall SQ. It is a lot cheaper though.

The MA750 is bass-heavy and also warm, but less smooth than the BA200 and with a lot more bass power.

They are all good earphones IMO, just different, but the BA200 is my fave of the bunch. If you don't mind a pretty balanced sound and can find the BA200 in that price range, go for it.

Thank you for the reply joker. :)
Wich of them is more similar to the she3580 and hd25 then? I lile the balance of both.
Any other suggestions? :)

Feb 26, 2014 at 10:06 PM Post #13,059 of 16,931
Thank you for the reply joker. :)
Wich of them is more similar to the she3580 and hd25 then? I lile the balance of both.
Any other suggestions? :)

Of those, the MA750. The Dunu DN-1000 is also quite good for a v-shaped HD25-ish sound :wink:.

Feb 26, 2014 at 10:39 PM Post #13,060 of 16,931
Hi, so i have been shipped 2 defective Beyerdynamic DT 990 pro 250. Feeling a lil burned and may try a IEM under 200 instead. Whats the differencec from those beyers or something equivalent vs a 200 and under IEM. I like bass, hip hop and will also be using it for heavy gaming/movies. Any suggestions? I have the vsonic vsd1 and found them to be amazing especially for only 50 but still want a higher grade IEM

Feb 27, 2014 at 3:54 AM Post #13,061 of 16,931
Of those, the MA750. The Dunu DN-1000 is also quite good for a v-shaped HD25-ish sound :wink:.

Cool joker... :)
Thanks. :)

What do you think would be an upgrade the philips she3580? Something that sounds similar in terms of tonality and signature but 1 or 2 notches better....

I rrally like the philips.... They are cheap and they do everything pretty well from indie to tock to edm....

By the way.... Are you still thinking of making the review on the philips? :)

Feb 27, 2014 at 4:47 AM Post #13,062 of 16,931
Hi, so i have been shipped 2 defective Beyerdynamic DT 990 pro 250. Feeling a lil burned and may try a IEM under 200 instead. Whats the differencec from those beyers or something equivalent vs a 200 and under IEM. I like bass, hip hop and will also be using it for heavy gaming/movies. Any suggestions? I have the vsonic vsd1 and found them to be amazing especially for only 50 but still want a higher grade IEM

If you like the VSD1 and are willing to spend $200 the GR07 Bass Edition and Dunu DN-1000 would be worth looking at as upgrades. 

Cool joker... :)
Thanks. :)

What do you think would be an upgrade the philips she3580? Something that sounds similar in terms of tonality and signature but 1 or 2 notches better....

I rrally like the philips.... They are cheap and they do everything pretty well from indie to tock to edm....

By the way.... Are you still thinking of making the review on the philips? :)

I still think the DN1k is a good upgrade even though it's brighter. The MA750 is darker like the 3580 but differs in other ways. For sound signature alone the closest would probably be the RBH EP1 (even though it has somewhat more forward mids) but it's not enough of an upgrade to justify its price tag compared to the Philips. 

Yes, I still need to review the Philips at some point...

Feb 27, 2014 at 5:34 AM Post #13,063 of 16,931
If you like the VSD1 and are willing to spend $200 the GR07 Bass Edition and Dunu DN-1000 would be worth looking at as upgrades. 

Can only find those dunus on ebay not sure how i feel about that. What about the jvc ha fxt90? Only thing turning me away from the gro7 is vsonic saying the vsd1 is 80 percent of the gro7. For gaming purposes i need an iem with big Soundstage and 3d imaging. So many choices

Feb 27, 2014 at 8:23 AM Post #13,065 of 16,931
  hi,

Do yiou have a review on teh audio technica IM50?
Seems perfect for me. And quite cheap online.

Sure, we have. 
biggrin.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/705687/review-of-audio-technica-ath-im01-ath-im02-ath-im03-ath-im04-ath-im50-ath-im70

Users who are viewing this thread

Back